Author Topic: The Palestine thread  (Read 128793 times)

give her dixie

• View Profile
Re: The Palestine thread
« Reply #2970 on: December 06, 2017, 10:24:47 PM »
I guess it's time to bring this thread back as it could be busy here following the stupid decision today by Trump
to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

This is a very dangerous move, and over the coming days and weeks we will see just how bad it is.

Israel have the best Government money can buy in the USA. Nearly every politician has been bought by AIPAC,
the large Jewish lobby group. Democratic and Republicans alike feed at the money pit and do whatever is asked
of them by Israel.

This will be messy.....
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

OgraAnDun

• View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: December 06, 2017, 10:44:02 PM »
When even the American lapdogs in Saudi Arabia are publicly stating that itís a bad move, you know itís a huge mistake. I canít understand it as itís obviously going to seriously inflame tensions, but I suppose his financial backers must want it.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: December 06, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »
What is he actually hoping to achieve?  Presumably only the US and Israel will now refer to Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the rest of the world will presumably say we don't agree and refuse to recognise it as such. Will anything actually change bar the US Consulate moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, heckles being raised and a likely backlash from Palestinians? Is the US not wildly over thinking what actual power it has in this area. Kingdom of Heaven.....

give her dixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:21 PM »
Prior to his election, Obama also called Jerusalem the capital of Israel at the AIPAC convention in '08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkxtErunF3Q

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: December 06, 2017, 11:17:45 PM »
He may have American blood on his hands before this is all over although then again, that may be part of the plan

trileacman

• View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: December 06, 2017, 11:23:59 PM »
Will anything actually change bar the US Consulate moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, heckles being raised and a likely backlash from Palestinians?

The real cost of his decision will probably be 5-10 Israeli lives and 50-70 Palestinian lives.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: December 06, 2017, 11:39:29 PM »
Will anything actually change bar the US Consulate moving from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, heckles being raised and a likely backlash from Palestinians?

The real cost of his decision will probably be 5-10 Israeli lives and 50-70 Palestinian lives.

I'm pretty sure those lives don't count though

give her dixie

• View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: December 07, 2017, 12:30:46 AM »
This is a good read for some history on Jerusalem and the implications of the decision today...

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/how-israel-cleansing-palestinians-greater-jewish-jerusalem-800323791

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: December 07, 2017, 06:09:34 AM »
It is bad for Israel because it is blatant.  Israel needs the Illusion of a peace process to secure the land. Apartheid looks very bad.
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: December 07, 2017, 07:55:23 AM »
When even the American lapdogs in Saudi Arabia are publicly stating that itís a bad move, you know itís a huge mistake. I canít understand it as itís obviously going to seriously inflame tensions, but I suppose his financial backers must want it.

I can't understand it either. Is it purely Zionism?
I always thought there would be some sort of political or financial logic to decision this dangerous but I can't see one here. For a change it seems this is an entirely religious based decision. Unless I'm missing something?

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: December 07, 2017, 08:05:53 AM »

This can't be measured. Even in direct attacks it's closer to 5-230

This does not include deaths from injury later, death in custody or damage to infrastructure such as supply lines, hospitals, fuel stores, medicine, agriculture, schools etc that results in many more deaths.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: December 07, 2017, 09:06:31 AM »
It's a f**k you to Muslims!!

He wants to be seen as the President who's tough on Islamist crime and it's hard to do that when there isn't any to speak of. Easier to stoke the fires and bring it upon himself and then act like the tough guy.

He's an absolute piece of shit!

vallankumous

• View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: December 07, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »

He wants to be seen as the President who's tough on Islamist crime and it's hard to do that when there isn't any to speak of. Easier to stoke the fires and bring it upon himself and then act like the tough guy.

It's a holy place for Christians too. Now he wants it to be the Capital of Zionism.

Is it in the hope to get an excuse to extend and rank the war on Terrorism?

He is a piece of Sh. I laughed him off as an idiot for too long. He is an idiot but not the buffoon type of idiot.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: December 07, 2017, 10:08:49 AM »

It's a holy place for Christians too. Now he wants it to be the Capital of Zionism.

Is it in the hope to get an excuse to extend and rank the war on Terrorism?

He is a piece of Sh. I laughed him off as an idiot for too long. He is an idiot but not the buffoon type of idiot.
There was an article about Trump in one of the French papers. Laughing at him while he destabilises the world.
"you can try and intimidate us, but f**k youse, we're going to win an All-Ireland anyway"

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: December 07, 2017, 11:09:52 AM »
How can the US expect to be taken seriously as impartial now?