Author Topic: Cycling  (Read 156327 times)

bennydorano

• View Profile
Re: Cycling
« Reply #2115 on: December 13, 2017, 04:10:21 PM »
Great read for anyone with a genuine interest in the Froome case

http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/

"The World Anti-Doping Agency sets a threshold for inhaled doses of salbutamol and the test results in urine and this is important to note. Here are WADA’s words

Inhaled salbutamol: maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours, not to exceed 800 micrograms every 12 hours;
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL… …is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic dose (by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:13:14 PM by bennydorano »

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: December 13, 2017, 04:21:05 PM »
Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

how did you boys get into mountain biking?

I did a bit of cycling on the roads and a few of the guys I got to know in the local club were into the mountain bikes especially in the winter when it was not suitable to road bike. One of them had a spare bike so I went out one Sunday. I loved it so bought my own MTB and intend to get out plenty. Blessingburn estate is only 25 mins away in the car so handy enough. It and a few other places will rent a suitable bike for £20 a day if you want to try it out. Great craic.

thebigfella

• View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: December 13, 2017, 10:22:46 PM »
Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

how did you boys get into mountain biking?

Through a college friend who used to race. I used to cycle quite a bit during my teens and he used to loan me a bike to go training with him before buying my own bike/s and progressing to competitive stuff. Then I worked with a few guys in England who were mad into it, was a great social scene around it especially when you knew few people.