Cycling

Started by Jimmy, February 18, 2010, 10:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bennydorano on December 13, 2017, 08:31:30 AM
Surprised at the shoddiness of Team Sky's approach to the actual asthma treatment, surely the Doc knew the rules and limits. Being a genuine asthma sufferer might save him but the precedents there don't bode well for him.

Ha!
#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

Quote from: gallsman on December 13, 2017, 08:54:17 AM
Given his outspoken views on Wiggins' use of the TUE, it's hard to see how he can come out of it other than completely covered in his own shit.
There was no TUE required for this, it's permitted in correct dosage, he's overdosed tho. Unbelievably shoddy by Sky. Probably more to come tho

gallsman

It's the hypocrisy. He tried to bury Wiggins as soon as it was good PR to do so for abusing the system. Now he faces the same problem.

Let's be honest here. He didn't "overdose" as that phrase, semantically correctly or not, implies an accident. This was clearly no accident. His concentration was higher than Petacchi's when he got caught fit the same ten years ago.

He'll lose the Vuelta, he'll lose the bronze from the World Champs and he'll not be riding for a few years and his Tour wins will always be darkened by a cloud Sky and lots of the UK media have spent years pretending didn't exist. Slap it right up him, the cheating ****.

AQMP

Quote from: Minder on December 13, 2017, 08:21:57 AM
AH the dreaded asthma strikes again

A good friend of mine has been a chronic asthma sufferer since childhood.  He's not a world class high performance athlete and we just can't understand why not.

Minder

Is there anyone at Sky that doesent have asthma ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tonto1888

Quote from: AQMP on December 13, 2017, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: Minder on December 13, 2017, 08:21:57 AM
AH the dreaded asthma strikes again

A good friend of mine has been a chronic asthma sufferer since childhood.  He's not a world class high performance athlete and we just can't understand why not.

this made me chuckle

as for froome, Ive never liked him but I hope this wasn't intentional cheating. For cycling's sake

haranguerer

ah ffs. of course it was intentional.

I don't mind froome, I cycle, and enjoy watching the sport, but i think thats blinkered.

bennydorano

The way they've been preparing him for the Giro while obviously knowing this was going on in the background makes me think they're confident of winning. This would also never have come to light, as it's an allegedly confidential process, but for the Guardian & Le Monde investigation  -
presumably after a leak. With Cookson gone and a French man in the hotseat it mightn't be plain sailing for Sky tho.

tonto1888

Quote from: haranguerer on December 13, 2017, 11:06:12 AM
ah ffs. of course it was intentional.

I don't mind froome, I cycle, and enjoy watching the sport, but i think thats blinkered.

No doubt it is blinkered but cycling doesn't need another doping scandal. Esp with one of its stars

GJL

Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

thebigfella

Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:18:59 AM
Anyone here into the mountain biking? I've got a road bike and enjoy it OK but recently started mountain biking and love it.

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less twats too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

GJL

Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 11:37:34 AM

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

thebigfella

Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:45:14 AM

Yep, I used to do quite a bit and race. Just don't have as much time now or the same social circle. You'll find it attracts less t**ts too, the middle aged men with more money than wit spending 5k on a new bike to save 3/4kg despite weighing 100kg.

LOL I know what you mean. Hard to beat being out on a trail with no traffic near you. I've been using Blessingburn Estate in Fivemiletown. It is brilliant. Plan to get to Davagh over the holidays.

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

tonto1888

Quote from: thebigfella on December 13, 2017, 01:28:09 PM
Quote from: GJL on December 13, 2017, 11:45:14 AM

It's great at night too. Nothing better than flying down fire trails with the lights on, you need a good set of lights though.

how did you boys get into mountain biking?

bennydorano

Great read for anyone with a genuine interest in the Froome case

http://inrng.com/2017/12/chris-froomes-salbutamol-case/

"The World Anti-Doping Agency sets a threshold for inhaled doses of salbutamol and the test results in urine and this is important to note. Here are WADA's words

Inhaled salbutamol: maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours, not to exceed 800 micrograms every 12 hours;
The presence in urine of salbutamol in excess of 1000 ng/mL... ...is presumed not to be an intended therapeutic use of the substance and will be considered as an Adverse Analytical Finding (AAF) unless the Athlete proves, through a controlled pharmacokinetic study, that the abnormal result was the consequence of the use of the therapeutic dose (by inhalation) up to the maximum dose indicated above."