The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insane Bolt

Very harsh red card for Cipriani.

screenexile

Quote from: Insane Bolt on October 20, 2018, 01:38:02 PM
Very harsh red card for Cipriani.

Definitely! I know it's player safety and all but they've gone too cautious with the thing now!

Tony Baloney

Zebo making a tool of himself against Ulster.

grounded

Quote from: passedit on October 18, 2018, 01:57:17 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 18, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
Quote from: Insane Bolt on October 18, 2018, 01:11:22 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 18, 2018, 12:24:34 PM
Anyone heading to Japan.

Booked flights the other day. £680 return for 10 days in Japan.

I am thinking of going, that's a great price. Have you any tickets sorted? What's accommodation like price wise?

We booked flights through Korea which was cheaper. Have accommodation through a friend in Tokyo for a few nights luckily. Heading to the Scotland game then down the country and home via Osaka. Need to look about accommodation for later in the trip.

Talk me through the Korea angle? I've got the ticket package for the group games but haven't sorted flights yet.

Looking at the skyscanner site their was a few flight options there going from Dublin. Obviously dates may not be suitable there. I

https://www.skyscanner.ie/transport/flights/dub/tyoa/190920/191005/?adults=1&children=0&adultsv2=1&childrenv2=&infants=0&cabinclass=economy&rtn=1&preferdirects=false&outboundaltsenabled=false&inboundaltsenabled=false&ref=home#results

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2018, 08:28:27 PM

Was it that bad?? Jesus there's some coverage for something so minor!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

Definitely not as bad as is being made out but no need for it either. I have 2 lads play rugby and I'd put my toe in their hole if they did it.

screenexile

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 20, 2018, 10:45:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on October 20, 2018, 10:42:33 PM

Definitely not as bad as is being made out but no need for it either. I have 2 lads play rugby and I'd put my toe in their hole if they did it.

Totally agree!

Insane Bolt

Leinster having stern task today. Love Sean Cronin .....what a player😎

Insane Bolt

Toulouse win by a point, Leinster's first loss in 11.

weareros

Some game. But madness by Leinster to kick possession to Toulouse with 2 mins on clock, they were always going to hold on and run it down.

Insane Bolt

Quote from: weareros on October 21, 2018, 05:42:02 PM
Some game. But madness by Leinster to kick possession to Toulouse with 2 mins on clock, they were always going to hold on and run it down.

Agree, strange decision by Johnny.

seafoid

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/irfus-fiveyear-plan-targets-world-cup-semis-and-two-six-nations-crowns-37448883.html

The IRFU have targeted semi-final places at the next two World Cups as part of their new five-year strategic plan.
The men's team has also been tasked with landing two of the next five Six Nations titles and holding a spot in the top three of the world rankings.
At provincial level, the IRFU want to see Irish teams land two more European titles by 2023 and at least two PRO14 crowns.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/downloads/IRFU_Strategic_Plan_2018-2023.pdf
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

michaelg

Not sure if the recent BT Shoulder to Sholder documentary has been discussed yet on this thread.   Despite his expensive education, BOD is clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer.  Complete lack of empathy displayed throughout.  Also, time given to Belfast Republican sympathiser seemed misplaced given segment that followed relating to Ulster players injured in IRA bomb on return from Ireland training camp before the 18987 World Cup.  "Wrong place, wrong time" was how BOD dexcribed it.  Never mind the fact that the bomb should not have been exploded in the first place.  Poor documentary with little insight provided.

Tony Baloney

In the context of the rugby players (which is the focus of the programme rather than a general Troubles documentary), they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, given the intended target was a judge in the car in front. I think it was pretty even-handed whilst acknowledging you can't please everyone on this topic. Colin McCusker summed up his feelings well and probably that of a lot of the Unionist community, that it is possible to be an Irish man, an Ulsterman (sic) and a British citizen.

michaelg

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 23, 2018, 08:35:42 PM
In the context of the rugby players (which is the focus of the programme rather than a general Troubles documentary), they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, given the intended target was a judge in the car in front. I think it was pretty even-handed whilst acknowledging you can't please everyone on this topic. Colin McCusker summed up his feelings well and probably that of a lot of the Unionist community, that it is possible to be an Irish man, an Ulsterman (sic) and a British citizen.
Absolutely.  A point clearly lost on the grinning buffoon BOD.  As for your point about it not being a general Troubles documentary, why then include the interview with yon clown from the Falls Road?  The section about attending the 12th July parade in Loughgall was also completely overplayed / overblown.