Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2013, 06:49:44 PM
And if some bully boy halfwit ran on to the field and chinned my kid, I'd be over the fence after him.

And he's my mate so I'll be over the fence after you. ..... and I'll bring my big mate. .....
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

pdiddy

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2013, 07:39:11 PM
Nothing you boys haven't done before....

Ffs let it go.  As sie would say is all loughgiels fault  :o
When a team loses, there's always a row at half time, but when they win, its an inspirational speech

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 06:24:52 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 06, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience.

Yes that's a ridiculous statement north antrim hound ffs. The parents coming on to the pitch will only make a bad situation worse. No f**king need
[/quote]

Ridiculous yes your right, I don't care if I had I kid out there and someone pulled hard on his head. That's an action that could lead to serious long term injury or even be fatal.  these are 15 , 16 year olds (bordering on grown ups)I have never went over a fence in my life and hope I never will . Fair play to anyone on here who could show restraint in those circumstances.  What if the ref didn't see and the offending sc**bag walks. I only mentioned as some people seem to vilifying the parent more than the p***k that pulled on someone's head isn't getting the same airtime
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 06, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 06:24:52 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on October 06, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

If Some animal pulled across the head of my kid I would struggle to contain myself to. That's one time where emotion overriding logic and rules could be forgiven

That's exactly why there's so much of this crap year after year in Antrim. U-16 grade was by far the worst for it, in my experience.

Yes that's a ridiculous statement north antrim hound ffs. The parents coming on to the pitch will only make a bad situation worse. No f**king need

Ridiculous yes your right, I don't care if I had I kid out there and someone pulled hard on his head. That's an action that could lead to serious long term injury or even be fatal.  these are 15 , 16 year olds (bordering on grown ups)I have never went over a fence in my life and hope I never will . Fair play to anyone on here who could show restraint in those circumstances.  What if the ref didn't see and the offending sc**bag walks. I only mentioned as some people seem to vilifying the parent more than the p***k that pulled on someone's head isn't getting the same airtime[/quote]

No one is saying that, jumping over the fence is wrong, it's been done (lad getting hit) and jumping the fence won't make any difference. 2 wrongs don't make a right. And if the referee didn't see it doesn't mean the person walks, I'd imagine there was umpires and lines men there along with wee Joe on the line. The parent running on and slapping a 16 year old is as big a sc**bag as the thug who hit the lad with the stick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

manballandall

Another bad row today in sarsfields game. Few sent off I'm led to believe

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: pdiddy on October 06, 2013, 07:50:21 PM

you'd nearly think Rossa were shrinking violets when it came to this sort of thing Pdiddy. It would appear some of us have longer memories then others. best to let it go ......
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on October 06, 2013, 08:38:06 PM

you'd nearly think Rossa were shrinking violets when it came to this sort of thing Pdiddy. It would appear some of us have longer memories then others. best to let it go ......

Yes we all have it and we all have selected memories of our own players pulling on players from behind, what happens on the pitch should be between those players. People coming on from the sidelines is wrong every time, an adult coming on to the pitch could do serious harm also NAH could even kill someone!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thegladiator

On a more positive note.......... us and galls promoted, unless we have the usual restructuring to accommodate particular clubs. Think we both have our work cut out to survive next season.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

Yes we all have it and we all have selected memories of our own players pulling on players from behind, what happens on the pitch should be between those players. People coming on from the sidelines is wrong every time, an adult coming on to the pitch could do serious harm also NAH could even kill someone!!

I didn't go on to no pitch. I don't know the man who did. My guess is this is the first time he done anything like that. My guess is when he went to watch his son play in a hurling final and what he observed wasn't hurling but someone inflicting G BH on a part of the body that could result in something much worse than a broken bone. Chances are he's like the most of us that family is much precious even than hurling and he lost it. Should he have done it NO. But sometimes you witness something that leads you to take complete leave of your senses. Protecting your young is something that is inherently built into us and imm not going to judge him to harshly. Sure everything worked out fine for the clown who started it. Apparently he's away with a cup and maybe no ref report on him if it wasn't seen. Imm only going on hard stations report anyway, maybe it didn't happen like that but I can sympathise with the kids parent got reacting the way he did even it it was wrong

Minder

Quote from: thegladiator on October 06, 2013, 09:00:20 PM
On a more positive note.......... us and galls promoted, unless we have the usual restructuring to accommodate particular clubs. Think we both have our work cut out to survive next season.

You will be grand,btdtgtt reckons you are both better than the teams at the bottom of Div 1.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

I think we won't have the depth of squad to make any impact, would hope to beat yous and maybe Glenariff, and build the following year, would need to improve big time and start doing strength and conditioning work right away

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 09:23:14 PM

I think we won't have the depth of squad to make any impact, would hope to beat yous and maybe Glenariff, and build the following year, would need to improve big time and start doing strength and conditioning work right away

If Portaferry beat Rossa, and they should, we will be down.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

jdyok

What if the ref didn't see and the offending sc**bag walks.

In this case CCC will hold an investigation and the culprit will be suspended. That's already happened this season...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on October 06, 2013, 09:12:57 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 06, 2013, 08:46:24 PM

I didn't go on to no pitch. I don't know the man who did. My guess is this is the first time he done anything like that. My guess is when he went to watch his son play in a hurling final and what he observed wasn't hurling but someone inflicting G BH on a part of the body that could result in something much worse than a broken bone. Chances are he's like the most of us that family is much precious even than hurling and he lost it. Should he have done it NO. But sometimes you witness something that leads you to take complete leave of your senses. Protecting your young is something that is inherently built into us and imm not going to judge him to harshly. Sure everything worked out fine for the clown who started it. Apparently he's away with a cup and maybe no ref report on him if it wasn't seen. Imm only going on hard stations report anyway, maybe it didn't happen like that but I can sympathise with the kids parent got reacting the way he did even it it was wrong

That's a lot of guess work NAH, I could guess that this clampit does this every week I could also guess he is gives abuse every week to other team players referees ffs, I can guess that as like you I don't know him nor do I know HS's report is accurate.

A lot of 'jumping' to conclusions. Protecting your son after he was hit is impossible retaliating and smacking a 16 or younger lad is also GBH you can see that? Tell me you know it's wrong on every level please

north_antrim_hound

Whatever mr2
Your right a grown up striking a sixteen your old is wrong. But stop trying to build a picture where this sixteen year old was standing minding his own business. We have already established the way he reacted was wrong so stop repeating it. I haven't seen you write once condemning the player and his part in the whole incident. If we listened to you he is the only one hard done by here. Take the blinkers off and realise when someone behaves the way he did it's going to escalate into something worse.  I've tried to make you see that when it comes to an emotional parent then rational goes out the window. So keep on deflecting away from the sc**bag here I don't care what age he is.
Ask someone what's the lowest thing you could do on a hurling field and his action is the answer you will get most