Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

No complaints from me about the result today. Mitchels kept us at arms length all through. Should have had a lineball with a few minutes to go however, it was given to Castlebar. Had enough of the ball in injury time but didn't pull the trigger. Orme despite shooting wide at least had a go. The other games went as expected, although I am somewhat surprised at the Ballina result. I can't understand Claremorris, yes they're a big fish in South Mayo at underage but by God they really underachieve at senior level. Sticking my neck out, I think it'll be a Ballina v Westport final with the Stephenites to prevail.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

now that the threepeat is gone and MayooGAA blog has predictably declare the season over before semi's even played
heres the   Quater final Details
Connacht Gold Mayo SFC (Quarterfinals)
Ballina Stephenites 4-13, Claremorris 0-7
Ballintubber 2-11, Breaffy 0-14
Castlebar Mitchels 0-12, Knockmore 0-11

Connacht Gold Mayo SFC (Relegation Playoff)
Balla 2-10, The Neale 1-8

Egan Jewellers Mayo IFC (Quarterfinals)
Bohola Moy Davitts 2-11, Louisburgh 1-11
Hollymount/Carramore 1-14, Crossmolina 3-7
Kilmeena 1-13, Ballinrobe 1-10

TF Royal Hotel Mayo JFC B (Quarterfinals)
Ballycastle 3-12, Lacken 0-5
Moygownagh 0-16, Kilfian 1-9

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

The Mayo club championship semi-finals, along with the senior and intermediate relegation finals, have had their full fixture details confirmed.

All games will taken place next weekend on October 15-16.
Mayo SFC Semi-Finals
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Hastings Insurance MacHale Park, Castlebar, (Semi Final 2), Ballina Stephenites V Ballintubber, 1pm, Ref: Kevin Connelly (Hollymount-Carramore).
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Hastings Insurance MacHale Park, Castlebar, (Semi Final 1), Westport St Patrick's V Castlebar Mitchels, 3pm, Ref: Declan Corcoran (Islandeady).

Mayo SFC Relegation Final
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Hollymount, Davitts V The Neale, 1pm, Ref: Shane Corcoran (Islandeady).

Mayo IFC Semi-Finals
Sat, 15 Oct, Venue: Munnelly Park, Castlebar, (Semi Final 1), Kilmeena V Bohola Moy Davitts, 3pm, Ref: Liam Devenney (Ballina Stephenites).
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Claremorris Town Pitch, (Semi Final 2), Hollymount-Carramore V Ballyhaunis, 3pm, Ref: Jerome Henry (Castlebar Mitchels).

Mayo IFC Relegation Final
Sat, 15 Oct, Venue: Crossmolina, Lahardane MacHales V Ardnaree Sarsfields, 1pm, Ref: Garryowen McMahon (Davitts).

Mayo JFC Semi-Finals

Sat, 15 Oct, Venue: Ray Prendergast Memorial Park, (Semi Final 2), Islandeady V Shrule-Glencorrib, 1pm, Ref: Vincent Neary (Bonniconlon).
Sat, 15 Oct, Venue: James Stephens Park, Ballina, (Semi Final 1), Killala V Cill Chomáin, 3pm, Ref: John Glavey (Aghamore).

Mayo Exclusive JFC B Semi-Finals
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Bangor Erris, (Semi Final 1), Ballycastle V Achill 12pm, Ref: Martin Walsh (Ballintubber).
Sun, 16 Oct, Venue: Knockmore, (Semi Final 2), Ballycroy V Moygownagh 12pm, Ref: Sean Tolan (Bonniconlon).
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Comhghairdeas to Westport for winning their first county title.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AbbeySider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 09, 2015, 09:09:14 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on February 09, 2015, 01:57:24 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 09, 2015, 01:38:30 PM

The Return of Batman and Robin!

Ballina have appointed Kevin McStay and Liam McHale as senior managers.

That's Paul McStay, McHale is helping out

Wait a second, what I am doing here...
*closes browser window*

Haven't seen you in a while Abbeysider, good to know nothing has happened you anyway.

It's been a long time since our last interaction Farrandeelin, and it is surreal to look back at it. Today I'm thinking about you
RIP

Cunny Funt

Poor quality Mayo final today, Ballina 0-6 Breaffy 0-4. I think just three scores from play over an hour of football. James Horan said recently it would be a few years before a Mayo senior winner will challenge for the Connacht championship again and he won't be wrong. 

Hard to look back over this thread and not think of Farrandeelin, I hope he family and close friends are coping as best they can.

From the Bunker

O'Shea the headline picture for all derogatory comments on the Mayo County Final. It's almost like he's the easy subliminal villain in all this. The other 29 players were just innocent by-standers. O'Shea is always to blame.

clarshack

Looked at the list of Mayo Senior Finals and noticed that Breaffy have lost 5 Finals since 2013 so it's hard not to feel sorry for Aidan O'Shea at this stage. Noticed as well that their average tally in those 5 Finals was only 9 points, maybe they should try something different or do they not have the forwards to rack up a bigger score?

Blowitupref

Quote from: clarshack on October 31, 2023, 01:38:57 PMLooked at the list of Mayo Senior Finals and noticed that Breaffy have lost 5 Finals since 2013 so it's hard not to feel sorry for Aidan O'Shea at this stage. Noticed as well that their average tally in those 5 Finals was only 9 points, maybe they should try something different or do they not have the forwards to rack up a bigger score?

Wouldn't have the forwards. I think Aidan O'Shea was their top scorer and he's not noted for consistently racking up big scores.

County title with Breaffy and senior AI with Mayo are the two medals he hasn't won from years of trying and many final appearances. For Mayo he's won various Connacht titles at senior, U21, minor and NFL Div 1 title. Also won a Sigerson cup medal.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

JoG2

Hello.. Any Mayo posters know of any campsites open near Castlebar this weekend? Thanks

JoG2

Quote from: JoG2 on March 11, 2024, 10:37:38 AMHello.. Any Mayo posters know of any campsites open near Castlebar this weekend? Thanks

Sorted! Stand down