The Official WWE thread

Started by longball, September 21, 2007, 11:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 20, 2018, 07:48:22 PM
It seems he was going to leave and end up wrestling in Japan if the WWE didn't give him the all clear.

He may still. His non compete wouldn't be up until after Christmas though. I genuinely thought they were building to him v Shane at Mania but this decision is a bit late for that. Wonder will they work him into the Owens Zayn Shane program or leave him for a big return match at Summerslam
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Cunny Funt

Wrestlemania 34 in New Orleans on tonight.

Its looking like a lot of title changes, In the main events i would expect two title changes with Roman Reigns to win the Universal Championship and Nakamura to win the WWE championship. Asuka to win the women's championships and maybe Nia Jax will win the other title.  Finn Bálor might win the Intercontinental Championship and Rusev the US Title.  The Bludgeon Brothers and Braun Strowman and whoever his partner is will likely win the tag team titles. Of course there won't be that much change and it will be interesting to see who retains their titles.

Last nights NXT matches of Aleister Black v  Andrade Cien Almas and Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa will take some topping tonight.

Syferus

The Rousey and Daniel Bryan matches are the ones that will move the needle.

David McKeown

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 08, 2018, 05:12:51 PM
Wrestlemania 34 in New Orleans on tonight.

Its looking like a lot of title changes, In the main events i would expect two title changes with Roman Reigns to win the Universal Championship and Nakamura to win the WWE championship. Asuka to win the women's championships and maybe Nia Jax will win the other title.  Finn Bálor might win the Intercontinental Championship and Rusev the US Title.  The Bludgeon Brothers and Braun Strowman and whoever his partner is will likely win the tag team titles. Of course there won't be that much change and it will be interesting to see who retains their titles.

Last nights NXT matches of Aleister Black v  Andrade Cien Almas and Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa will take some topping tonight.

Yeah I think AJ and the Usos will retain but every other title might change. 

NXT was excellent last night but the last three takeovers have been, the roster down there is incredibly deep and its booked exceedingly well. Don't know how many of them are going to be in the battle royals but I would like to see Nikki and Damo for obvious reasons.

David McKeown

Think I've gotten every result against one wrong so far

Syferus

The Undertaker match was crazy short. I was expecting more.

David McKeown

Think this is why they never confirmed it. Very hard to complain about it when it wasn't officially confirmed.

Syferus

Quote from: David McKeown on April 09, 2018, 03:02:07 AM
Think this is why they never confirmed it. Very hard to complain about it when it wasn't officially confirmed.

Everyone knew it was on the bill though. Taker looked in good shape so it doesn't make much sense.

Syferus

The Auska result was stupid and so was the Nakamura one. Swerved for swerves sakes, no benefit to the winners. Crowd has been very dead apart from the Rousey match and a couple of Bryan spots.

Wtf @ turning Nakamura heel.

This crowd is fully capable of turning on this Reigns closer just like the Triple H one.

Syferus

And now they've taken a big dump on the tag team titles.

Syferus

And Lesnar retains! Wtf was this show?

David McKeown

Quote from: Syferus on April 09, 2018, 04:14:17 AM
The Auska result was stupid and so was the Nakamura one. Swerved for swerves sakes, no benefit to the winners. Crowd has been very dead apart from the Rousey match and a couple of Bryan spots.

Wtf @ turning Nakamura heel.

This crowd is fully capable of turning on this Reigns closer just like the Triple H one.

I liked the Auska result. Sets up Flair v Rousey probably at Mania next year possibly as the main event. Nakamura has been in need of an edge since arriving on main card. The main event being the main event and having that ending was daft.

Cunny Funt

Wasn't a patch on the last New Orleans Wreslemania. Quantity over quality that show was maybe its time HHH has more of say in booking it than 72 year old that rarely sleeps? Would have made serious money on likes of Lesnar,AJ,Mahal,Flair,Rollins to win last night. 

WWE Intercontinental Championship and Rousey matches probably the best. Nakamura so underused on the main roster his match with AJ should have been the highlight of the night. The crowd couldn't care less for the main event, they were convinced that Roman Reigns would win and no matter how much he's pushed they will never warm to him as a face. Part time champ remains so and looks in poor shape certainly no shape to be going back to UFC and having another match.

DownFanatic

24 years a fan but the product just doesn't interest me as much anymore. That was a poor enough Mania. Not one match getting 4 *'s or more. Too long at basically 7 hours with a lot of crap filler. It think the WWE is losing direction. Total lack of real star power. Personally don't think it is currently a patch on the early 90's or the Attitude era.

Syferus

Quote from: DownFanatic on April 09, 2018, 02:31:41 PM
24 years a fan but the product just doesn't interest me as much anymore. That was a poor enough Mania. Not one match getting 4 *'s or more. Too long at basically 7 hours with a lot of crap filler. It think the WWE is losing direction. Total lack of real star power. Personally don't think it is currently a patch on the early 90's or the Attitude era.

The thing is on paper this card had the potential for at least three or four five star matches and four or five really good ones. Unlike Wrestlemania in the past there is now plenty of wrestling talent in the WWE and the build wasn't bad either. This was them dropping the ball in a historic way. Not the worst Mania but one of the most disappointing ones of all time.

I'll watch the post-Mania Raw to see if there was some degree of method to the madness.