Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 19, 2015, 09:10:43 AM
Would Francie know a woman if he saw wan
actually Francie's bird used to be my account manager.
lovely girl too.
not sure if he married her or not in the end.

seafoid

It's a pity Seanie J can't monetize his fascinating personality- like becoming a baddie in pro wresting or something. 

cavanmaniac

I think orange must have monetized the use of the exclamation mark, he's rather free with its usage and either he's on commission or lives his life teetering constantly on the verge of orgasm.

heffo

So it looks like the bold Seanie is back with Cavan. Live and let live.

Old yeller

Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2015, 08:45:21 AM
Easy for you to say Heffo

heffo

Quote from: Old yeller on December 16, 2015, 10:52:53 AM
Quote from: heffo on December 16, 2015, 08:45:21 AM
Easy for you to say Heffo

Easy to say what?

Syferus

Any buckeen willing to put the effort to play county football deserves respect. Cavan's forwards have been in a slumber for a years - it's hard to make a case Seanie doesn't have the skills to be a part of the current Cavan panel. Good on Hyland for being the bigger man.

Old yeller

Quote from: Syferus on December 16, 2015, 07:25:25 PM
Any buckeen willing to put the effort to play county football deserves respect. Cavan's forwards have been in a slumber for a years - it's hard to make a case Seanie doesn't have the skills to be a part of the current Cavan panel. Good on Hyland for being the bigger man.
When was the last time you saw him play? He hasnt played fir Cavan since 2011 and barely kicked a ball for his club since either.

Syferus

Quote from: Old yeller on December 16, 2015, 07:35:22 PM
When was the last time you saw him play? He hasnt played fir Cavan since 2011 and barely kicked a ball for his club since either.

I've seen the Cavan forwards play yearly in the intervening years. Ye couldn't beat us with the deck stacked in your favour this year (we were hardly going great guns - losses to Sligo and Fermanagh sandwiched that match) because ye had no one who could consistently take their scores, and you played your second best midfielder as a FF to no effects such was your desperation to manufacture a cutting edge.

Hyland should run the rule over anyone with the potential to help Cavan score. The rest should be noise for him.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Syferus on December 16, 2015, 07:54:22 PM

I've seen the Cavan forwards play yearly in the intervening years. Ye couldn't beat us with the deck stacked in your favour this year (we were hardly going great guns - losses to Sligo and Fermanagh sandwiched that match) because ye had no one who could consistently take their scores, and you played your second best midfielder as a FF to no effects such was your desperation to manufacture a cutting edge.

Hyland should run the rule over anyone with the potential to help Cavan score. The rest should be noise for him.
+1
Believe it or not, Syf I totally agree with you!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Old yeller

Any buckeen willing to put the effort to play county football deserves respect. Cavan's forwards have been in a slumber for anumber ofa years - it's hard to make a case Seanie doesn't have the skills to be a part of the current Cavan panel. Good on Hyland for being the bigger man.

With all the bad feeling it will create among fans and possibly the players themselves I dont see how it will be worth it in the long run. Hyland's entire reign has been geared towards building a team for the future, how does bringing back a 31 year old ,who Hyland helped get rid of in the first place, help? We are definitely short on scoring forwards, there is no doubt about that. There are other options though, getting Eugene Keating back would be a far greater use of the managements time. Hyland's last year in charge, a lot of pressure on after a terrible year last year, it seems like a bit of a hail mary to me

Esmarelda

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 16, 2015, 07:59:11 PM

+1
I find that position very narrow-minded.

So his ability to score is all that matters? His work-rate, his influence over the team, his attitude? All irrelevant. What I don't understand is why Hyland decided to bring him back now rather than any of the previous few years.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 16, 2015, 08:55:20 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 16, 2015, 07:59:11 PM

+1
I find that position very narrow-minded.

So his ability to score is all that matters? His work-rate, his influence over the team, his attitude? All irrelevant. What I don't understand is why Hyland decided to bring him back now rather than any of the previous few years.

Indeed, what is the motivation for such a reckless decision. Desperation can be the only answer.

cavanmaniac

I can't see Johnston making hay at intercounty level now that defences are even more packed than when he played before.  Remember,  kildare were crying out for scoring forwards back when Seanie decided that kicking up an almighty fuss,  dividing the county, engaging in months of political chicanery with the GAA top brass,  becoming a farcical temporary  hurler with a solitary ESB bill to his name and relishing the arrogant kicking of a point for his new team in front of his own people,  was ALL somehow preferable to hashing out his differences with Val Andrews,  being a proper team player and knuckling down and playing his way back on to the panel like others also dropped at the time. 
He didn't set the world alight with kildare and McGeeney obviously didn't like what he saw once he got him under his eye and under his thumb.
The simple truth as I see it is that the lad's a big time Charlie with notions of himself,  he has nothing to offer except copious amounts of baggage and this is a massive backwards step for a desperately out-of-ideas Terry Hyland.  Who knows,  maybe advancing age and the cold hand of encroaching retirement has altered Seanie's world view and he's a different man,  but nothing he has done up to now suggests that's likely.

If it all somehow works out,  good luck to all involved,  but I won't hold my breath.