Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on March 31, 2022, 05:44:21 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on March 30, 2022, 10:23:41 PM
Agree also. No point hanging around to play in the tailteann Cup. Come back next year and commit to football and see where it takes them. Only young once
Management should be looking at games in the first 4 or 5 fixtures to see players who could potentially step up if Down panellists disappear.

Yeah, just throw the towel in and slip away off back to your club or jet off to the States when you are really needed. Hasn't this snowflake mentality got us into the position we are currently in, when things get tough just walk away.

As for the 2022/23 management, after 5 years of underachievement and mediocrity with the Minors and relegation with the Seniors should Mc Cartan & crew even be back next year? Back to square one I know but I don't see any future in this current set up. A new man nearly always gets a bounce from the players in his first year, it has been totally the opposite here so why continue with it?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Lotto on March 31, 2022, 06:07:55 PM
Agree also. No point hanging around to play in the tailteann Cup. Come back next year and commit to football and see where it takes them. Only young once
Management should be looking at games in the first 4 or 5 fixtures to see players who could potentially step up if Down panellists disappear.

Yeah, just throw the towel in and slip away off back to your club or jet off to the States when you are really needed. Hasn't this snowflake mentality got us into the position we are currently in, when things get tough just walk away.

As for the 2022/23 management, after 5 years of underachievement and mediocrity with the Minors and relegation with the Seniors should Mc Cartan & crew even be back next year? Back to square one I know but I don't see any future in this current set up. A new man nearly always gets a bounce from the players in his first year, it has been totally the opposite here so why continue with it?

No chance, after county season finishes a handshake and new management brought in and give them what they want. Need a Geezer type manager, someone who'll take no shite from players or County Board. Give whoever it is 4 or 5 years with a review at year 3 to see how it's going.

This chopping and changing will get us nowhere.

Johnnysboys

No chance, after county season finishes a handshake and new management brought in and give them what they want. Need a Geezer type manager, someone who'll take no shite from players or County Board. Give whoever it is 4 or 5 years with a review at year 3 to see how it's going.

[/quote]

Who are these people???

thewobbler

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 31, 2022, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: Lotto on March 31, 2022, 06:07:55 PM

Interesting choice.

A person much more cynical than me might observe that McGeeney's only achievement of note as a manager has been convincing people to keep him in post long enough for Riain O'Neill to come of age.

stiff breeze

You're a few hours early for April fools wobbler

Smurfy123

I don't know why players committed to the league known they were going stateside in the summer

How can you build anything with that attitude?

Let the management know before a ball is kicked

A good run in the Tailten cup and start building now for next year.
If you are in great let's go and if not thanks for everything let's move on

The management need to be ruthless with older players also

Truth hurts

I hope the people of Saval nominate Danny Hughes for the county board.

Danny, Mark Doran, and John Fegan are the men that can change the fortunes of this county.

Danny for Chair.

Truth hurts

I just had lunch in French's and was told by a leading figure in Down GAA that Burren has signed an Armagh player. He heard that at a county board meeting last evening in the Burrendale. Whitegoodman can fill us in.

2badteams

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 01, 2022, 12:48:01 PM
I just had lunch in French's and was told by a leading figure in Down GAA that Burren has signed an Armagh player. He heard that at a county board meeting last evening in the Burrendale. Whitegoodman can fill us in.

Paddy Burns. Married and lives there. Old news

Truth hurts

Quote from: 2badteams on April 01, 2022, 12:56:34 PM

Paddy Burns. Married and lives there. Old news

Oh very good, he is a fine player. They will beat Kilcoo by hook or by crook.

Hard2Listen2

How was the grub?
Their special is usually good.

Any prominent gaels about?

Johnnysboys

There transfer business ain't finished either. From what I hear they have another high profile transfer almost complete.

Last Caress

Are tickets for U20 game against tyrone sold out? Tried the tickets site but none for sale.

Kong King

Season kicking off on Thursday. What's the lay of the land like in all the divisions? What or who are we looking for? Going to be a very good season

SHEEDY

Quote from: Last Caress on April 02, 2022, 12:24:43 AM
Are tickets for U20 game against tyrone sold out? Tried the tickets site but none for sale.
same, says ticket window is closed.
nil satis nisi optimum