Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: 6th sam on November 09, 2021, 11:35:34 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2021, 10:50:16 AM
I was speaking with a prominent East Down board official just now and he informed me that there is no county meeting arranged this week. But relax lads we have plenty of time. We will havesomeone in place by Christmas. We are the laughing stock of Ireland. Armagh is away on training weekends already. Light year behind, we need a root and branch clear our at the county convention and we need new blood in to shake the thing up. The status quo is not working.

To bring a bit of reality to the debate, TH I haven't heard anyone saying recently that We are a laughing stock . We are div 2 in football and hurling , we are ulster u20f champions, our county champions were in AI final last year. We have had a brilliant championship , and a high powered team put in place for Ballykinlar . Yes we have had challenging times in recent years , but there are several positives and reasons to be confident about our future.

why do we not have an intercounty manager in place 8 weeks before championship

6th sam

Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2021, 12:27:35 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on November 09, 2021, 11:35:34 AM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2021, 10:50:16 AM
I was speaking with a prominent East Down board official just now and he informed me that there is no county meeting arranged this week. But relax lads we have plenty of time. We will havesomeone in place by Christmas. We are the laughing stock of Ireland. Armagh is away on training weekends already. Light year behind, we need a root and branch clear our at the county convention and we need new blood in to shake the thing up. The status quo is not working.

To bring a bit of reality to the debate, TH I haven't heard anyone saying recently that We are a laughing stock . We are div 2 in football and hurling , we are ulster u20f champions, our county champions were in AI final last year. We have had a brilliant championship , and a high powered team put in place for Ballykinlar . Yes we have had challenging times in recent years , but there are several positives and reasons to be confident about our future.

why do we not have an intercounty manager in place 8 weeks before championship

Presumably because those charged with getting the best management possible going forward are constrained by many good managers/coaches  involved with clubs. We want the best management not the quickest appointment. I'd be confident that the  delay indicates they are doing things right.

GiveItToTheShooters

As if Down didn't play shite enough to begin with, the management position is being linked with Jim McGuinness. God help down football if he comes in the door

the goal was on

Down have been working past few weeks to gather the huge fee Jim gas put on table . 1/4 of a million . Staggering but he's got all the cards on this one

Last Caress

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on November 09, 2021, 01:08:21 PM
As if Down didn't play shite enough to begin with, the management position is being linked with Jim McGuinness. God help down football if he comes in the door
The Irish News understands negotiations are at an advanced stage and that Conor Laverty and Jim McGuinness could be set to pair up alongside Marty Clarke as Down's new management team #GAA
https://t.co/WUAr2ItApR

snoopdog

Irish news reporting mcguinness and laverty as breaking news. Wow massive if this is true.

Truth hurts

If Jack and Sean og pull this off I will run around Seaforde in a "I love Sean og" tee shirt and only the "I love Sean og" tee shirt.

PS I love Sean og

Blowitupref

Quote from: snoopdog on November 09, 2021, 01:29:44 PM
Irish news reporting mcguinness and laverty as breaking news. Wow massive if this is true.

Going by that piece Laverty will be manager with Jim McGuinness with some backroom role?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GiveItToTheShooters

People creaming themselves cos they see an all Ireland on his CV. The same people who also give off about defensive 15 men behind the ball type of anti football. Shameless.

Truth hurts

Quote from: SamFever on November 09, 2021, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on November 09, 2021, 02:03:53 PM
If Jack and Sean og pull this off I will run around Seaforde in a "I love Sean og" tee shirt and only the "I love Sean og" tee shirt.

PS I love Sean og
Why Seaforde and not Helen's Bay or Clough? I like that one about a prominent East Down Board member. Two things wrong with that.There are no Divisional Boards anymore nor is anyone from whatever it is in East Down prominent.

Yes there is a East Down board with a lot of hard working individuals. No need for the typical south Down arrogance.

Truth hurts

I think that was all rumours yesterday, we are fecked people, fecked

the goal was on

Looks more and more like it's just an advisory type role for Jim.

Truth hurts

What's the most intense club rivalry in Down? Kilcoo/Clonduff?

Nanderson

Taylor