Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: befair on November 07, 2021, 04:04:20 PM
Kilcoo vastly superior; Burren panicking
Kilcoo's dominance is a disaster at county level.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

The_big_bad_wolf

Quote from: Johnnysboys on November 03, 2021, 11:40:07 PM
Quote from: terrifictommy on November 02, 2021, 07:54:15 PM
Johnny, you speak like Kilcoo are the New York mafia. As far as I can see the county board take Kilcoo to task at all times but technicalities seem to get them off the hook. Wouldn't it be better if a leaf was taken out of the Portglenone club, be gracious and go more more dignity.
And I'm fairly sure they don't appoint referees, have you ever read your posts ffs wise up fella. May be you believe your own hype.

Not quite the mafia but they do pull sway.. technicalities - don't make me laugh. Our esteemed county secretary didn't get told to go to his office through Kilkeel and not Kilcoo for the craic. Your 100% they don't appoint referees but they do put in their objections if it's the one who challenges them and ain't afraid of them on the pitch - who then gets verbally abused leaving the pitch and through messages for days on end after the game (Mafia style). But in your eyes they are probably just a small parish of 600 who go to mass and have a few sheep each..

Johnny maybe your a bit like myself and haven't a championship medal to your name, but back in my day if I thought having a few sheep & going to mass would have got me a least one championship medal, I would have been quite happy to do so!   But again a bit of jealous is hard to hide!

Dubh driocht

Three good finals for different reasons.
The Junior was an excellent game with the standard high for Junior football.  Delighted for the Fin but Dundrum gave it a great rattle, Rogers, Venney and McGrattan did well.
Darragh will be devastated after taking their eye off the ball in the last few minutes; fair play to James Colgan who stopped the ball going over from Marcus Miskelly's free, ball went down the field and Conor Doyle reduced it to 5. The two goals reminded us what passion can do in Gaelic football.
As for the Magpies; what can you say? Every man played his part and best of luck in Ulster.
The County board deserve credit for hosting an impressive weekend, the three referees were excellent and Down GAA TV brings another dimension 

Lotto

Kilcoo did what they always do by doing just enough today. They identified the weakest and youngest Burren players, tracking them step for step with no opportunity to play or contribute, with these Burren players allowing themselves to be constantly bullied. Danny Magill, Kevin Mc Kernan and Burren's big hope Oran Murdock were taken out of the game. Mc Kernan has always lacked balls against Kilcoo so he is no big surprise but I expected more from Murdock. With no Kerr to break the Kilcoo line, Mc Corry had two weeks to come up with a plan B but there was no evidence of it today. Burren missed a big chance and their management/players can only blame themselves.

Can I also add that Brendan Rice, today's final referee, would do most of their in-house games and gets exceptionally well paid for them. The players know his style of refeering, what he blows and what he lets go, what you can get away with and what you can't. Some advantage to Kilcoo every year and Rice gets a fair few ££ as well. Win Win

knockitdown

Quote from: Lotto on November 07, 2021, 08:03:28 PM
Kilcoo did what they always do by doing just enough today. They identified the weakest and youngest Burren players, tracking them step for step with no opportunity to play or contribute, with these Burren players allowing themselves to be constantly bullied. Danny Magill, Kevin Mc Kernan and Burren's big hope Oran Murdock were taken out of the game. Mc Kernan has always lacked balls against Kilcoo so he is no big surprise but I expected more from Murdock. With no Kerr to break the Kilcoo line, Mc Corry had two weeks to come up with a plan B but there was no evidence of it today. Burren missed a big chance and their management/players can only blame themselves.

Can I also add that Brendan Rice, today's final referee, would do most of their in-house games and gets exceptionally well paid for them. The players know his style of refeering, what he blows and what he lets go, what you can get away with and what you can't. Some advantage to Kilcoo every year and Rice gets a fair few ££ as well. Win Win

So do kilcoo pay every ref in the county "exceptionally well" or just Brendan Rice in the hope he gets the final?  :o

What a load of brown!

thewobbler

Given the amount of referees they apparently control, Kilcoo must average 6-7 in house games a week.

Congrats to the Magpies.

Lotto

Quote from: knockitdown on November 07, 2021, 09:17:50 PM

So do kilcoo pay every ref in the county "exceptionally well" or just Brendan Rice in the hope he gets the final?  :o

What a load of brown!

This year Rice did Kilcoo in the quarter final when Kilcoo played Carryduff, there is absolutely no doubt that he favoured Kilcoo in this game with some very dodgy decisions for them. He will always get semis or finals so they keep the man sweet. As for the brown, it must be in the envelope Roger gives him  8)

ScarvaLegend

Quote from: Lotto on November 07, 2021, 09:55:29 PM
Quote from: knockitdown on November 07, 2021, 09:17:50 PM

What a load of brown!

This year Rice did Kilcoo in the quarter final when Kilcoo played Carryduff, there is absolutely no doubt that he favoured Kilcoo in this game with some very dodgy decisions for them. He will always get semis or finals so they keep the man sweet. As for the brown, it must be in the envelope Roger gives him  8)

I sense a lot of bitterness here, in no way did I feel that Rice 'favoured' Kilcoo. In fact he blew them up on multiple occasions for time wasting, something that I wish more refs would clamp down on. It was a fairly reffed game and Burren had their fair share of decisions, they were simply outclassed on the day.

Down Follower

Genuinely some shocking comments from Lotto there about B Rice. I know it was designed to bring a response but why anyone would even say something like that is beyond me. Worst thing is that his performance today wasn't event mentioned.
His performance was exactly what you would expect from a referee btw, cut out any bs time wasting and told players to get on with it.
On the match itself, kilcoo just had the players who could finish moves off. Like most of their games this year they looked like they were on the ropes but held on in the end. Hopefully they give Ulster a good rattle.

SHEEDY

Plenty of bitterness about tonight.  Disgraceful post from lotto, Brendan Rice had good game and fact nobody is talking about him says a lot.

Well done to kilcoo, well worthy and deserved champions again.
nil satis nisi optimum

Mourne Red

Get out and get the boots and whistle on yourself Lotto seeing as you think you can do a better job.

Lotto

Boys a boys, not a mention of the way Kilcoo played today!

Last Caress

Every team in Down knows the referees and their styles. What advantages did kilcoo have that Burren didn't have? Lotto take a wee rest and come back with something logical (that will take a while)

Oglach

I've been reading the anti Kilcoo bile from lotto and co for some time now and it honestly doesn't affect me anymore.
For the record, Burren scored 4 points from
play and 8 points from frees ( some of the very soft variety) Kilcoo scored 4 from frees and the rest from open play. A bad return for a well paid referee in my opinion!!
Rice had opportunity's to gave a penalty to both Kilcoo and Burren in 1st half but gave neither.
He hurried the Kilcoo keeper in his kick outs from 20 minutes and that placed unnecessary pressure on keeper for the remainder of the game. Same wasn't applied to Burren.
All said, I felt Kilcoo were the better footballing team and had we not lost Dabs there would have been 8/10points in it.
Another point, 9 Kilcoo players picked up their tenth championship medal today to equal the great Shorty Trainor (correct me if I'm wrong).
I'm a very proud Magpie tonight, I'd have given my arm to witness them winning 1 championship but this is the stuff of dreams.

6th sam

Congrats Óglach. As a neutral I would like to thank all clubs , officials  , media And county board for making it such a special weekend . Though fair play to An Riocht and their management , genuinely gutted for Darragh who are great team and club , with a brilliant future ahead of them.
Kilcoo are some outfit , ultimately they just had more quality than Burren. Good luck to all teams in Ulster.
I think most of us would agree that Personalised Comments above re managers and referees should be treated with the contempt they deserve. Let's concentrate on savouring superb championships .