Lions Tour

Started by bennydorano, June 03, 2017, 07:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

As much as this is a big game its aint at the level of a quarter / semi / final world cup game even though the media is trying to convince you different, I can name every world cup winner and losing finalist, probably semi`s to, i couldn't name Lions results pre 1993 and some since wouldn't be 100 % sure either.
The big bad bear to turn up, New Zealand to win by 15-20 even with a inexperienced back line and a team not an inch on their 2015 world cup team

Aaron Boone

Britain & Ireland expects. Go Lions.

JPGJOHNNYG

Owen Farrell having an absolute stinker ffs

Kilkevan

Not happy with yellow for that. It was poorly timed, no intent to hurt the player.

seafoid

Do the Lions have what it takes? Are they Limerick or Offaly?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Capt Pat

Rhys Webb had a chance to put Cj Stander away but held on to the ball and got tackled. It could have cost the Lions the match.

Wildweasel74

Great time game but very poor handling tonight, All-Blacks left 3 tries out there plus some woeful kicking, dont see the difference between Kaino yellow and the forearm from O`Brien resulting in nothing last week

seafoid

Big result for Gatland.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Furlong missed in the final 10 minutes.

Main Street

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 08, 2017, 10:35:00 AM
,dont see the difference between Kaino yellow and the forearm from O`Brien resulting in nothing last week
The obvious difference was visibility, Kaino's was clear enough.
The video evidence was not clear against O'Brien, that's why he got off, he couldn't be done on a presumption that he must have done something bad.

I'm glad I woke up for the game, though I dozed off a few times, but in the end the doughty immortal spirit of the Lions made for a  gripping finale.

Kilkevan

No doubt both teams feel the disappointment of not having won the series, and there is a certain hollow feeling to the thing. But it is great to see two teams, who have given everything and have basically killed each other for three weeks, mixing together at the end. There's a certain sporting romance to that which is difficult to imagine in soccer.

Wildweasel74

Ref chickened out of the penalty call at the end, never seen a few change his mind twice before

Kilkevan

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 08, 2017, 11:11:08 AM
Ref chickened out of the penalty call at the end, never seen a few change his mind twice before

His choice of language "we've got a deal" didn't sound good.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Kilkevan on July 08, 2017, 11:16:01 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 08, 2017, 11:11:08 AM

His choice of language "we've got a deal" didn't sound good.

Poor decision at the end and also for yellow card. Kaino arm was already in position for the tackle with minimal intent but he sees the bin. Can you imagine the uproar from SKY if them 2 calls had went against the Lions!! In saying that, there was no guarantee that Barrett would have scored it - his younger brother looks the real deal however. SKY would sicken your enjoyment sometimes - the hype machine was on full power this morning

square_ball

Poor refereeing decisions against the all blacks and both at crucial times. Farrell should have went to the corner at the end. What good was a drawn series?