Author Topic: Running  (Read 363771 times)

Íseal agus crua isteach a

• View Profile
Re: Running
« Reply #5670 on: December 13, 2017, 02:53:04 PM »
I ran a down hill marathon on Saturday in Tucson Arizona. Im a very average runner and finished 3 42. If some of the good runners on here wanted a personal best I would highly recommend this run. Beautiful weather and lovely scenery.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #5671 on: December 13, 2017, 03:25:37 PM »
Is anyone doing Tollymore 10K at the start of Jan? Or has anyone done it in the past? What type of trainers would be best?

Who is organising that? Wouldn't mind doing it, also looked at the night races, one there too...need something to get back at it. Have never done the race but would have done plenty of running round Tollymore (and Castlewellan) park, its trail running really, although I have never worn anything other than my standard trainers a pair of trail trainers (soloman or the likes) would probably help. Depending on conditions it can get quite slippy, took a tumble myself there a few months ago.

cheers, I will probably just use my ordinary runners - reebok nanos - given the proximity to Christmas

http://www.born2runevents.com/races.php?s=tollymore

Assuming it will mostly be around the black path of tollymore? If so i ran it a few years ago. Just ordinary runners will do fine.

it follows the forest path so Im assuming so

lfdown2

• View Profile
« Reply #5672 on: December 13, 2017, 03:40:53 PM »
Is anyone doing Tollymore 10K at the start of Jan? Or has anyone done it in the past? What type of trainers would be best?

Who is organising that? Wouldn't mind doing it, also looked at the night races, one there too...need something to get back at it. Have never done the race but would have done plenty of running round Tollymore (and Castlewellan) park, its trail running really, although I have never worn anything other than my standard trainers a pair of trail trainers (soloman or the likes) would probably help. Depending on conditions it can get quite slippy, took a tumble myself there a few months ago.

cheers, I will probably just use my ordinary runners - reebok nanos - given the proximity to Christmas

http://www.born2runevents.com/races.php?s=tollymore

Assuming it will mostly be around the black path of tollymore? If so i ran it a few years ago. Just ordinary runners will do fine.

it follows the forest path so Im assuming so

Not quite the black path - mostly stays the car-park side of the river looking at the route, which is good in that it leaves out the climb half way round the black path, there is a stretch up to the exit gate that will be guttery but at least wont be slippy.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5673 on: December 13, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
I ran a down hill marathon on Saturday in Tucson Arizona. Im a very average runner and finished 3 42. If some of the good runners on here wanted a personal best I would highly recommend this run. Beautiful weather and lovely scenery.

Downhill! What time did the winner post?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #5674 on: December 13, 2017, 04:28:12 PM »
Could you actually count it as a PB though?
If you were trying to qualify for Boston say for example (won't ever matter to me!) I doubt you could you use a downhill Marathon to get a qualifying time. I dunno I'm just asking btw.
Have you done a normal Marathon?  Just curious as to your PB compared to the downhill.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:31:22 PM by laoislad »

• View Profile
« Reply #5675 on: December 13, 2017, 04:54:28 PM »
The winner came in at 2 30 and yes it is a Boston qualifier. Though it is a small marathon with only roughly 600 participants running the full. I ran 12 marathons but my last one was four years ago. My times usually were 350 to 410 range depending on the course.

mrdeeds

• View Profile
« Reply #5676 on: December 13, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »
Downhill? How much downhill does it involve? Are you putting pressure on knees etc.... slowing yourself down?

• View Profile
« Reply #5677 on: December 13, 2017, 05:35:21 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

No real stress on knees at all surprisingly. Id much pre fare it to be honest.