The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

I agree. It could be four points by Thursday night. There will be 17 matches left. If Liverpool don't win the league, it'll suit all non Liverpool fans to say 'ach sure Liverpool were 10 points clear of City at Christmas and they bottled it'.
Even if Liverpool won on Thursday night it is not over.

Man City could have their first choice midfield back soon, which is vital for them. This will be massive for the rest of the season.

Boycey

The lucky vow of silence in play today I see  ;D

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Boycey on January 03, 2019, 04:01:39 PM
The lucky vow of silence in play today I see  ;D

Big match and could define the year
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Boycey

If Liverpool go at them, which I've no doubt they will, I can't see past them. They've definitely got into Guardiolas head, they'll be some hand gestures and signalling from him along the line tonight

Insane Bolt

dec

4 weeks ago

Wouldn't it be great if we were 4 points clear at the top after the Man City game

Today

Wouldn't it be terrible if we were only 4 points clear at the top after the Man City game

trailer

Quote from: dec on January 03, 2019, 04:50:22 PM
4 weeks ago

Wouldn't it be great if we were 4 points clear at the top after the Man City game

Today

Wouldn't it be terrible if we were only 4 points clear at the top after the Man City game

It's the momentum. If Liverpool have designs on winning the title this is a game they dare not lose. There's no way you can spin a City win. Liverpool simply must not lose.

Captain Obvious

In a matter of a few weeks it gone from the neutral followers of the sport knowing it's Liverpool's title to lose to now Liverpool supporters even the pessimistic ones knowing its their title to lose and that will remain the state of play if Manchester City win tonight.

Esmarelda

Agree with Boycey, if Liverpool play their normal game they should win. The odds available are very tempting. But will they play their normal game is the question?

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 03, 2019, 05:10:11 PM
In a matter of a few weeks it gone from the neutral followers of the sport knowing it's Liverpool's title to lose to now Liverpool supporters even the pessimistic ones knowing its their title to lose and that will remain the state of play if Manchester City win tonight.

;D

J70

Quote from: trailer on January 03, 2019, 04:59:57 PM
4 weeks ago

Today

It's the momentum. If Liverpool have designs on winning the title this is a game they dare not lose. There's no way you can spin a City win. Liverpool simply must not lose.

That's just a little hyperbolic, don't you think?

Is the title over for City if its a draw? Bollocks it is. Its not over even if they lose, even though it would obviously be difficult to claw back a ten point gap. But things change very quickly in football, as City themselves just demonstrated. Liverpool could easily lose at Old Trafford, they could drop points against Spurs and Chelsea at Anfield, or Everton away. The dreaded injuries to the likes of Van Dijk and Salah and Allisson COULD occur. You never know.

Each team can only take care of their own end. Big gaps have been clawed back many times in the past and will again in the future. Any team within three or four points of the top with three or four games left will be still thinking they've a chance as the pressure starts to tell.

I'll be very happy with a draw tonight, but I'm not giving up (and I'm sure the Liverpool team and management are not giving up) if they lose, even quite heavily. Any team can lose a game. The big issue is to pick it up again afterwards, which this team have showed they're well capable of doing.

laoislad

4 weeks ago

Today

This.
Said it a few posts back but we would have all taken a 4 point lead over City at this stage.
Defeat for City is alot more damaging to them than it would be for Liverpool should we lose.
The next 4 or 5 fixtures are all winnable games so if they do lose tonight its not the end of the world.
Looking forward to it now. Two best teams in the League. I'd settle for a boring 0-0 meself  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

LIVERPOOL TEAM NEWS

Team to play Man City: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Salah, Firmino, Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Fabinho, Keita, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Shaqiri.

From the Bunker

Looks like City are trying to ''Hammer the Hammer'' with the high press!