Laois 2017 - NHL and Leinster SHC

Started by G@@, October 14, 2016, 04:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

Quote from: honest hurler on February 20, 2017, 02:15:17 PM
we havent a lot to  be talking about when we now begrudge our team a little night out after all these players are stuck in every week end while the rest of us are out enjoying ourselves so come on stop this childish talk and give them a little break
Agreed.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: honest hurler on February 20, 2017, 02:15:17 PM
we havent a lot to  be talking about when we now begrudge our team a little night out after all these players are stuck in every week end while the rest of us are out enjoying ourselves so come on stop this childish talk and give them a little break

Depends on your perspective etc.
I wasn't referring to a "night out".
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Or lads going for a few pints,which used to be called bonding back in the day

les Antiques

It's a amazing how rumours get started . A few pints all it was actually . People are way too quick too judge . Regarding the match itself it was thoroughly deserved . We can analyse all we want but losing on Saturday would have been catastrophic for this young team . Offalys discipline was poor and they ultimately suffered . Take Dooley out of that team and there in serious bother .
Laois need to cause one major shock in this campaign to avoid a relegation play -off .  One of Wexford ,Galway ,Wexford or Limerick are going to have a major off day for this to happen .   

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on February 20, 2017, 02:56:11 PM
So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Dunno Clonadmad but no doubt you'll commission a committee of some sort to look into.
Haven't you a juvenile academy to busy yourself with?

Keyser Söze

Quote from: les Antiques on February 20, 2017, 03:04:06 PM
It's a amazing how rumours get started . A few pints all it was actually . People are way too quick too judge . Regarding the match itself it was thoroughly deserved . We can analyse all we want but losing on Saturday would have been catastrophic for this young team . Offalys discipline was poor and they ultimately suffered . Take Dooley out of that team and there in serious bother .
Laois need to cause one major shock in this campaign to avoid a relegation play -off .  One of Wexford ,Galway ,Wexford or Limerick are going to have a major off day for this to happen .

They are in serious bother. But I wouldn't agree that Dooley was up to much. I don't think he offers a whole lot from play.

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 20, 2017, 03:09:56 PM

They are in serious bother. But I wouldn't agree that Dooley was up to much. I don't think he offers a whole lot from play.
Hes not the player he was, chronic back problems have seen to that.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 20, 2017, 03:08:35 PM
So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Dunno Clonadmad but no doubt you'll commission a committee of some sort to look into.

Not like you to make a mountain out of a molehill

Oh wait.......

Keyser Söze

Quote from: clonadmad on February 20, 2017, 03:24:59 PM
So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Oh wait.......

You are so wise.
Another one to add the list of statements you can't stand over.
Did ye order all those extra sets of Clonad jerseys yet for all the Raheen hurlers ye have taken under yer wing?

And just to clarify. A night out after two rounds of the league, when the following weekend is free, is more than acceptable and understandable. When that is still going strong 24 hours later, I think that is excessive. But what do I know.
Barring a miracle we will be playing off v Offaly in a couple of months, in Tullamore. I hope this "team bonding" will be enough to see us through that one.

clonadmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 20, 2017, 03:35:55 PM
So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Oh wait.......

You are so wise.
Did ye order all those extra sets of Clonad jerseys yet for all the Raheen hurlers ye have taken under yer wing?

And just to clarify. A night out after two rounds of the league, when the following weekend is free, is more than acceptable and understandable. When that is still going strong 24 hours later, I think that is excessive. But what do I know.
Barring a miracle we will be playing off v Offaly in a couple of months, in Tullamore. I hope this "team bonding" will be enough to see us through that one.

All Clonad Jerseys washed and ready Keyser

You should put yourself forward the next time the laois position becomes available,you no doubt have all the answers

They are amateur's at the end of the day and if it's sanctioned by management which it was,then good luck to them,a bit of bonding never did any team any harm,god knows the KK lads did enough of it here down through the years.

Ballyroan Abbey

Did pj scully leave the panel midweek, heard it yesterday

Don Draper

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on February 20, 2017, 04:09:12 PM
Did pj scully leave the panel midweek, heard it yesterday
Reported as "taking a short break from the panel".

By the by, I'd hate to see what it'd be like if we lost. Leave them off lads, the proof of the pudding will be in the ating.

blueandwhite1

It is amazing the conclusions that can be drawn in February. We are not so good that Offaly and Shane Dooley won't succeed in seeing us relegated this year.... How would he fare against our current corner backs??

Their FF, Oisin Kelly looks a serious operator.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on February 20, 2017, 06:05:58 PM

It is amazing the conclusions that can be drawn in February. We are not so good that Offaly and Shane Dooley won't succeed in seeing us relegated this year.... How would he fare against our current corner backs??

Their FF, Oisin Kelly looks a serious operator.

Kelly is a serious operator. A much bigger threat than Dooley.
And I agree. I'd be surprised if we don't end up seeing Offaly again in a relegation playoff, and I don't see any reason why the game won't be a 50/50.

Quote from: clonadmad on February 20, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on February 20, 2017, 03:35:55 PM
So what happened Keyser

Strippers?

Coke?

Dwarf Throwing?

Oh wait.......

You are so wise.

All Clonad Jerseys washed and ready Keyser

You should put yourself forward the next time the laois position becomes available,you no doubt have all the answers

They are amateur's at the end of the day and if it's sanctioned by management which it was,then good luck to them,a bit of bonding never did any team any harm,god knows the KK lads did enough of it here down through the years.

And no doubt you will be standing for a CB position in the very near future? Your expertise on all matters coaching and transfer related really is wasted preaching to the minions on here.
You are the main to tackle the inactivity of our GDAs and the big bad wolf Portlaoise, not to mention all of the small clubs wasting their time who should be amalgamating.
Go for it, you have my vote.

clonadmad

Sorry Keyser too busy with developing our parish amalgamation in all the underage A  grades to run the CB for you.

You are obviously happy with the work being put in by the GDA's etc.....

You will keep us posted if the Laois lads enjoy themselves in future in any "exotic" locations