Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkevan

Quote from: laoislad on June 26, 2017, 06:16:58 PM
So Laois hurling and football senior teams playing on Saturday and they decide to play the games in different venues.
f**king joke.
Sure it would make too much sense to play both in Portlaoise.
Muppets.

In fairness the venues are due to the luck of the draw. That they could have been played on different days or with enough time for supporters to get from one ground to another is a different story.

AZOffaly

That has happened Offaly numerous times.

Syferus

What's the weird, scummy story with the Tipp keeper about? Stealing 32 grand off an old man? And he's going to play on Sunday?

mouview

Old story, not new. Could be a couple of others up before the beak also tho'.

johnneycool

Tipp refusing to reverse the fixture with Westmeath. It would have been a nice gesture if they had, but it is their right.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=272273

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnneycool on June 28, 2017, 10:47:51 AM
Tipp refusing to reverse the fixture with Westmeath. It would have been a nice gesture if they had, but it is their right.

huge siege mentality

Westmeath waiting in the long grass!!!

Sean Sheridan was thinking of the bottom line
Westmeath will actually be better off playing in Semple with the larger pitch

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2017, 12:23:14 PM

huge siege mentality

I don't think it'll matter where its played TBH and I'm sure Sheridan if he was genuine as using it as an occasion to promote hurling in the county could have come up with some agreement to compensate Tipp for the additional costs they'd incur.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnneycool on June 28, 2017, 12:29:08 PM

huge siege mentality

I don't think it'll matter where its played TBH and I'm sure Sheridan if he was genuine as using it as an occasion to promote hurling in the county could have come up with some agreement to compensate Tipp for the additional costs they'd incur.
he was thinking of the gate receipts

this is the man who stopped the whole minor hurling squad getting gear last year because of the actions of one or two players
yet, when a county senior football was involved in an incident earlier this year it was all brushed under the carpet

shark

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2017, 01:22:01 PM

huge siege mentality

this is the man who stopped the whole minor hurling squad getting gear last year because of the actions of one or two players
yet, when a county senior football was involved in an incident earlier this year it was all brushed under the carpet

In what way was it brushed under the carpet? It has nothing to do with the GAA. The player voluntarily left the panel, but he was under no obligation to. The county board acted correctly in this instance, by doing nothing. Players are not their employees and what they do at 3am on a night out is not their responsibility.

The jersey situation however, was ridiculous.

johnneycool

huge siege mentality

No doubt he was and hence why I suggested that maybe a little recompense to Tipp might sway their decision.

Gate money, would Westmeath not only be entitled to the 10% for hosting and the rest fed into Croke Park for distribution later on?

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: shark on June 28, 2017, 01:59:38 PM

huge siege mentality

In what way was it brushed under the carpet? It has nothing to do with the GAA. The player voluntarily left the panel, but he was under no obligation to. The county board acted correctly in this instance, by doing nothing. Players are not their employees and what they do at 3am on a night out is not their responsibility.

how much was the venue paid not to pursue damages?
Sheridan wants every cent for a bigger chair

shark

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 28, 2017, 04:10:30 PM
Quote from: shark on June 28, 2017, 01:59:38 PM

huge siege mentality

how much was the venue paid not to pursue damages?
Sheridan wants every cent for a bigger chair

I wasn't aware of any payments made. If any were made by the county board then that's ridiculous and unnecessary, as it has nothing to do with them. When you said it was brushed under the carpet by the county board, I thought you meant the fact that they didn't release a detailed statement on it. If they are hiding the payment of some hush money then that's a different story.

Anyway, this is definitely off topic!!

Syferus

Tipp doing themselves no favours, as usual.

As if many of them are bothered even attending it. GAA fraternity my arse.

clonadmad

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Tipp doing themselves no favours, as usual.

As if many of them are bothered even attending it. GAA fraternity my arse.

Not up to Tipp County Board to do anyone any favors bar Tipperary Hurling

Maybe if Croke Park had a clause inserted in the first round qualifiers that if 1B teams would have home advantage if they were playing 1A teams,then that issue would be resolved before it arose.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Syferus on June 27, 2017, 09:33:20 PM
What's the weird, scummy story with the Tipp keeper about? Stealing 32 grand off an old man? And he's going to play on Sunday?

Brutal stuff. Gambling addiction apparently. Not playing on Sunday, and should be dropped off the panel post haste.