Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 04, 2017, 05:44:47 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 04:12:52 PM
2 goals for Shane O'Donnell. Clare are flying

They went back a bit during the match. I can't see them going too far unless they sharpen up their free taking and puck outs. Gave away two soft enough goals too and you won't get three too regularly against the stronger teams.
Tony Kelly was pretty quiet as well.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Kilkevan

Quote from: seafoid on June 04, 2017, 06:09:05 PM

They went back a bit during the match. I can't see them going too far unless they sharpen up their free taking and puck outs. Gave away two soft enough goals too and you won't get three too regularly against the stronger teams.

Henry was making the point on The Sunday Game that it's a mistake not to have Kelly on frees. Said having a lad on frees means he's kept in game even if they're having a quiet day and that Clare need to do that with Kelly. He didn't say those exact words but that was my reading of his point.

I'd say it's not going to be a vintage year in terms of the All Ireland winner being a team for the ages but I think it will be an interesting championship.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:21 AM

Henry was making the point on The Sunday Game that it's a mistake not to have Kelly on frees. Said having a lad on frees means he's kept in game even if they're having a quiet day and that Clare need to do that with Kelly. He didn't say those exact words but that was my reading of his point.

I'd say it's not going to be a vintage year in terms of the All Ireland winner being a team for the ages but I think it will be an interesting championship.
If Waterford can get to the level they reached last year against Kilkenny itcould be their year.
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Kilkevan on June 05, 2017, 12:11:21 AM

it appears to be quite an open championship this year

imtommygunn

It's been shown how to get at tipp. You wonder could cody pull one out of the bag with a weak enough, for them, kilkenny team.

Clare for all their talent don't look to me like challengers.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2017, 08:18:51 PM
It's been shown how to get at tipp. You wonder could cody pull one out of the bag with a weak enough, for them, kilkenny team.

the cats need a full back and chb

shark

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2017, 08:18:51 PM

It's early yet though. In 2013 Clare were awful in losing their opening game.

Surely this year one of Waterford or Galway can do it. That would be a very interesting final, speaking from a neutral perspective.

AZOffaly

seafoid

Kilkenny shouldn't be allowed into the qualifiers. Any county that doesn't take part in the football championship should be banned from the hurling  qualifiers.

seafoid

When is the last time the cats lost to wexford in the championship?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2017, 08:34:18 PM
When is the last time the cats lost to wexford in the championship?

13 Years!

seafoid

From the Bunker

Opens the door to a soft Leinster title for Galway!

JPGJOHNNYG

magpie seanie

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2017, 08:45:33 PM
Opens the door to a soft Leinster title for Galway!

They'll get nothing soft against this Wexford team. Don't think anyone will.