U-20 Leinster hurling championship

Started by MasterJ, June 20, 2019, 07:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on June 25, 2019, 02:24:45 PM
Kilkenny have very much copied the Galway / Tipp / Limerick model for developing hurlers.

Their U20 side were huge bar a couple. All tall, sturdy, pacey lads. DJ Carey was on the sideline and I was wondering if a lad of his stature would get a look in these days (of course he would) Intercounty is becoming a big-man's game. A bit like the backs in rugby.

It's going that way all right,when Joe Canning started out,he was a big man at 6"3,now he's 5th biggest of the galway forwards.

Laois is a decade behind the serious hurling counties in terms of S&C,last winter was the first time this was addressed with the u14/15 squads.

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on June 25, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 25, 2019, 02:51:54 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 25, 2019, 02:26:40 PM
Kilkenny have very much copied the Galway / Tipp / Limerick model for developing hurlers.

Their U20 side were huge bar a couple. All tall, sturdy, pacey lads. DJ Carey was on the sideline and I was wondering if a lad of his stature would get a look in these days (of course he would) Intercounty is becoming a big-man's game. A bit like the backs in rugby.
Kilkenny were producing big hurlers long before Galway Tipp or Limerick ever did.

Kilkenny for the Hurlers,Tipperary for the men was a saying long before your time,Don
These Johnny come latelys, you couldn't be dealing with them.

That's why I tend to ignore you

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on June 25, 2019, 02:56:06 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 25, 2019, 02:53:30 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on June 25, 2019, 02:51:54 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on June 25, 2019, 02:26:40 PM

Kilkenny were producing big hurlers long before Galway Tipp or Limerick ever did.

Kilkenny for the Hurlers,Tipperary for the men was a saying long before your time,Don
These Johnny come latelys, you couldn't be dealing with them.

That's why I tend to ignore you

Odd that you'd reply to me as much as you have then. But carry on, please.

MasterJ

Skilful team but lacked two things: Killer instinct and physicality.

LooseCannon

What's the story with the lad from Galmoy hurling with ye?
Did he move?
Just curious.

SCFC

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 26, 2019, 10:29:00 AM
What's the story with the lad from Galmoy hurling with ye?
Did he move?
Just curious.
We've always had the odd lad from Galmoy playing with us. Half of their catchment area is in Laois strangely enough.
Kinda like the Moneygall thing