Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 02:00:55 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2023, 01:53:28 PM
I think it could be a psni/Garda investigation if anything. Clones and Enniscrone obviously in ROI but any incidents in NI are PSNI matters. It's messy no matter what. Have seen the other side of the story as well through a variety of messages and it's not clear cut. Either way there's a messed up situation with young children in the background and they're the real victims of all of this no matter what

No matter what the story is, you don't lift your hand to a woman. Ever.

Agreed 100 %.

full moon

This isn't Manchester United or the English Premier League despite the obsession with those topics on here. This isn't professional sport, how could a County Board "investigate" something like this.

It would be down to the RUC/Gardai to investigate any criminal complaints. They usually take this stuff very seriously these days but if there is no complaints there isn't much they can do.

Usually with cases like this, if the allegations are been posted on Facebook etc than that either means they have no interest in making police complaints or the process has been exhausted and not got anywhere. The first thing cops will likely tell you is don't post it on social media.

full moon

I think it could be a psni/Garda investigation if anything. Clones and Enniscrone obviously in ROI but any incidents in NI are PSNI matters. It's messy no matter what. Have seen the other side of the story as well through a variety of messages and it's not clear cut. Either way there's a messed up situation with young children in the background and they're the real victims of all of this no matter what

Sounds like there is more to come on this unsurprisingly.

naka

Quote from: JimStynes on May 10, 2023, 11:00:01 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 10, 2023, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 10:53:07 AM
Hold on here lads. Where's the evidence?
I know where you're coming from, but theres no way the county board don't act on this. He'll be suspended pending an investigation you can be almost certain.

I have heard from the other side that 'she's nuts' and the children live with him. Which is strange as it is usually the women that get access! The truth will probably be somewhere in the middle and that is certainly not good either!
jim
agree there are two sides to every story, the allegations of violence though are very precise, which i find  really troublesome and if untrue i genuinely fear for the lady for she is a troubled soul..

given that every  gaa person i knwo is talking about this at the moment  i would  at the least expect the county board/gallagher to agree that he steps down immediately and addresses/deals with these serious allegations against him.
staying own could be difficult for all parties on sunday

Solo_run

It is a disturbing read and I hope Nicola recovers from it. What the Derry county board do is irrelevant at present, if these allegations are true he should be in prison never mind managing a county team.

smelmoth

Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 02:02:19 PM
This isn't Manchester United or the English Premier League despite the obsession with those topics on here. This isn't professional sport, how could a County Board "investigate" something like this.

It would be down to the RUC/Gardai to investigate any criminal complaints. They usually take this stuff very seriously these days but if there is no complaints there isn't much they can do.

Usually with cases like this, if the allegations are been posted on Facebook etc than that either means they have no interest in making police complaints or the process has been exhausted and not got anywhere. The first thing cops will likely tell you is don't post it on social media.

First of all if there was an investigation by an external body (the police) then the County Board could state that he was suspended pending the outcome of that. This was what initially happened with Ryan Giggs and Wales.

If there was no police investigation or no immediate police investigation then the county Board could easily appoint internal people to do an internal investigation and recommend to the board next steps. There have events before that have been investigated in this manner.

tonto1888

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2023, 02:01:53 PM

Agreed 100 %.

absolutely

gallsman

Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 02:02:19 PM

Prominent sports person

Allegations of abuse

Social media allegations

Incredibly difficult position for sporting entity

The fact it's not Manchester United is irrelevant. The fact it's not professional sport is irrelevant. Sure he's only a volunteer, what does it matter if he batters his wife about the place?!

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2023, 01:53:28 PMyoung children in the background and they're the real victims of all of this no matter what

If (and yes, it's an if) 10% of those social media posts are truthful, I'd say the woman who has had seven shades of shite kicked out of her endlessly and been emotionally abused for god knows how long could reasonably be considered a "real victim".

nrico2006

Quote from: Rudi on May 10, 2023, 01:17:11 PM
Common knowledge in Donegal for a long time. Can remember hearing about it when he was managing Donegal. The people around Killybegs could tale you a few horrible stories. Derry have to stand him down, no other choice. Good luck to the ex wife, life hasn't been easy for her.

Simply gossip/slabbering or did people actually witness events?

We all know there are twisted people out there, these could be spiteful lies or they could be the truth. Stupid to simply believe what you read online.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

general_lee

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 02:35:27 PM
Common knowledge in Donegal for a long time. Can remember hearing about it when he was managing Donegal. The people around Killybegs could tale you a few horrible stories. Derry have to stand him down, no other choice. Good luck to the ex wife, life hasn't been easy for her.

We all know there are twisted people out there, these could be spiteful lies or they could be the truth. Stupid to simply believe what you read online.
What exactly do you need before you'll actually believe a victim of domestic abuse?
Reading through the comments under the Facebook post; I've seen friends, relatives and politicians offer their support (even one or two indicate that they either witnessed or were aware of it).
It'd be some stretch to think she's fabricated it all and got a few friends to get in on it.
If that girl in Lurgan put her post up without the video footage would you have been as sceptical?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 10, 2023, 02:01:53 PM

Agreed 100 %.

Unless she has a penis
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 02:47:39 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on May 10, 2023, 02:35:27 PM

What exactly do you need before you'll actually believe a victim of domestic abuse?
Reading through the comments under the Facebook post; I've seen friends, relatives and politicians offer their support (even one or two indicate that they either witnessed or were aware of it).
It'd be some stretch to think she's fabricated it all and got a few friends to get in on it.
If that girl in Lurgan put her post up without the video footage would you have been as sceptical?

I think he means about the alleged stuff in donegal

full moon

There is more social media WhatsApps going around, there's a lot more to this that what has been said. There's always 2 sides to these things that's why it's wise not to jump on a bandwagon without knowing the full details. It's always why these things are settled in courts of law and not internet forums and social media.

I think the Mods will end up locking this for legal issues, it's been locked on Reddit.

Keyser soze

It doesn't need a criminal conviction, [or indeed even an allegation of criminal conduct], for the county board to take any action deemed reasonable to address behaviour which reflects negatively on the team, board, county or association.

Indeed the weight of evidence for an employer [as I assume Derry Co Board are in this instance] to take action is less than that required for a criminal conviction, i.e. on the balance of the evidence as opposed to beyond reasonable doubt.

I would imagine any employee in a public role, facing allegations such as these, could reasonably expect to face suspension from that role until the allegations are investigated by the employer, and then shown either to be false and the suspension lifted, or subsequently dismissed if they are then proven on balance to have merit.

The fact that the allegations have not been addressed directly to the county board is a complicating factor but given the widespread dissemination of the allegations there is no way they can ignore it.

As a massive Derry fan I would take losing on Sunday without RG on the line rather than winning with him present given the nature and seriousness of these allegations.

Whether they are subsequently disproven is another matter for the future.