?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

ONEDerry

Quote from: braveheart on August 22, 2019, 09:51:11 AM
Quote from: Gaagaagaa20 on August 22, 2019, 09:02:25 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on August 21, 2019, 11:37:54 PM
What was the attendance tonight?
4500 I saw in Twitter, shows what the people of Derry think of league football when it matters
Yes. There would have been less in Celtic park. A good junior championship game between 2 Derry city team's at Celtic park would almost get double figures paying at the gate. South derry is the heartland and always will be. Next year at senior football the only real north Derry team playing senior football will be Claudy. Coleraine will also play but really Coleraine are outsiders to both south and north derry.

What relevance does the game last night have to a game elsewhere. Just more divisive nonsense that's not needed. Ah sure you're great and far better than those awful folk up the road - give yourself a big hug. 

braveheart

Quote from: Ball on August 22, 2019, 12:37:40 PM
Duno what you're getting at Braveheart. Great crowd surely, think 4,000 might be a bit generous.

Slaughtneil though, they looked back to their best, it's hard at this stage to see who will stop them winning the championship.
I'm only stating the obvious. Very big crowd watched slaughtneil back to their best. Glen will be disappointed and maybe Derry finest is correct in saying the 3 townie clubs will always come up short.

seanyb1

Quote from: braveheart on August 22, 2019, 12:56:05 PM
Quote from: Ball on August 22, 2019, 12:37:40 PM
Duno what you're getting at Braveheart. Great crowd surely, think 4,000 might be a bit generous.

Slaughtneil though, they looked back to their best, it's hard at this stage to see who will stop them winning the championship.
I'm only stating the obvious. Very big crowd watched slaughtneil back to their best. Glen will be disappointed and maybe Derry finest is correct in saying the 3 townie clubs will always come up short.

Genuine question here lad, have Swatragh ever won a league title never mind a championship?

theticklemister

Shane McGuigan was simply awesome last night, has some left foot. His fisted-goal was a thing of beauty. Disappointed with Glen's physicality, and genuine hunger. They failed to hit a physically-superior Slaughtneil with any vigour and the Slaughtneil men simply waltzed through them. McFaul or Bradley failed to leave their mark on Tad & Co. Glen continued to go long with their kickouts and filed to hit their mark. Suppose it is something they can work on in the Championship.

lenny

Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on August 21, 2019, 09:58:57 PM
The Glens, Magherafelts and Screen's just don't have it when it really matters

lol, glen played slaughtneil like a fiddle last night. They held back on their main tactics while slaughtneil went full out. I wouldn't be surprised if glen turned them over later in the championship.

theticklemister

Quote from: lenny on August 22, 2019, 01:39:27 PM
Quote from: DERRYSFINEST on August 21, 2019, 09:58:57 PM
The Glens, Magherafelts and Screen's just don't have it when it really matters

lol, glen played slaughtneil like a fiddle last night. They held back on their main tactics while slaughtneil went full out. I wouldn't be surprised if glen turned them over later in the championship.

Go and stick your money on Glen then

oakleaflad

4500 I saw in Twitter, shows what the people of Derry think of league football when it matters
Yes. There would have been less in Celtic park. A good junior championship game between 2 Derry city team's at Celtic park would almost get double figures paying at the gate. South derry is the heartland and always will be. Next year at senior football the only real north Derry team playing senior football will be Claudy. Coleraine will also play but really Coleraine are outsiders to both south and north derry.
Very disrespectful. Serious amount of work going on with clubs in North Derry that have much less numbers than those in South Derry. You seem to have some form of a superiority complex.

Rawhide

Oakleaflad, a genuine question, being asked out of curiosity. You say there is serious work going on. Can you elaborate? Is it in football coaching? As I don't see it in the underage leagues and blitzs I have attended. Don't be talking about Dungiven as they are a football strong hold. I'm more interested in clubs like S'manus, Drum Sean Dolans etc.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Mario

It's obvious the South Derry clubs are putting a lot of effort into closing the gap after the North Derry championship clean sweep last year. The hard work of south derry gaels like yourself should be commended.

oakleaflad

I would categorize the city clubs separately when responding as they face obvious differences. With the likes of S'manus and Drum they would have pretty much every child in their area playing regardless of ability and still may be unable to field (eg. Drum amalgamating with Drumsurn at underage).
I disagree about what I see from underage blitzes also. I could write an essay and obviously every club differs but some clubs don't know how lucky they are.

Rawhide

Quote from: oakleaflad on August 22, 2019, 04:01:57 PM
I would categorize the city clubs separately when responding as they face obvious differences. With the likes of S'manus and Drum they would have pretty much every child in their area playing regardless of ability and still may be unable to field (eg. Drum amalgamating with Drumsurn at underage).
I disagree about what I see from underage blitzes also. I could write an essay and obviously every club differs but some clubs don't know how lucky they are.

thx
cccc is a true supporter lol

Wildweasel74

Fair crowd out, do they get lost coming over the glenshane for Derry league games

scallywag

Was at the cousin marriers game the other night, glen where glen,no guts.and stop the dung talk off 4000 at it,if I was guessing there was 300 maybe 400 tops

Red10

Quote from: Mario on August 22, 2019, 03:46:47 PM

It's obvious the South Derry clubs are putting a lot of effort into closing the gap after the North Derry championship clean sweep last year. The hard work of south derry gaels like yourself should be commended.

We need to lay off braveheart  He's probably one of those super Gaels that sums up what the GAA is all about. Celebrating in the glory of the neighboring club and running around following them about. He might be even one of those who wanted to jump ship and join the neighbors in the true spirit of the GAA. Could even be a member of the local angry daddies group.

braveheart

Quote from: Red10 on August 23, 2019, 08:56:19 AM
Quote from: Mario on August 22, 2019, 03:46:47 PM

We need to lay off braveheart  He's probably one of those super Gaels that sums up what the GAA is all about. Celebrating in the glory of the neighboring club and running around following them about. He might be even one of those who wanted to jump ship and join the neighbors in the true spirit of the GAA. Could even be a member of the local angry daddies group.
It is a sore point for me. Celtic park is a white Elephant. Great pitch,good facilities but in the wrong end of the county. Even Owenbeg understands that now. And for that reason 90% of the senior championship games this year will be played in owenbeg.