GAA Room 101

Started by BennyCake, February 19, 2015, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

What things in the GAA would you put into Room 101?

Itchy

rrhf

GAA Books such as:
Pillers Blue Book
The Barren Maiden - Derry GAA 1994 - 2014. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Itchy on February 19, 2015, 09:46:05 PM
Seafood

+1.

His room 101 would be a bar mitzvah filled with moderately successful tax-payers that earned more than him.

........the worst thing in his world......

JoG2

Posters using GAA legends names

The blanket defence

Small rotund refs

The pre season tournaments

Diving

Sledging / goading

thewobbler

The utterly daft fixation with individual player statistics, when the single biggest impact on a player's performance is always his direct opponent... who changes every week.

muppet

My GAA gambling technique.

I used to bet on club games.

My first strategy was to visit both clubs in the run up to a game and ask them straight out 'how much do you want it?'. I figured that as it is a GAA golden rule that the team who wanted it more wins, I could use that as a signpost. I went for draws a lot as a result.

Bad idea!

Everyone told me they want it more than anything. You only find out afterwards some of them were lying and obviously didn't really want it at all, the bastards.

Then I decided to try live betting. I would either watch a game on the TV or listen to the radio and wait to hear/see that a team was getting on top. Then I would lump everything on a goal for the other team. Again this was based on extensive research of live commentary, post-match reports in the media and sites such as this. The amount of times a goal is scored 'against the run of play' is incredible. So I reckoned over a year of such bets I should clean up. Another bad idea.

Turns out the f**kers know less about the run of play than they do about how much they really want it.

Finally, I decided to bet the house on teams who were 'written off during the week'. Especially Davy Fitz teams. Well f**k that.

MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Referees, be better craic without them
Monaghan
Access to Alcohol for Armagh fans
Ger Canning
Late late show gaa specials
Roaring abusive ejits in the crowd
Father's living their failures through their kids
That Kerry fella that used to be president, never liked him
Tommy Carr. Blast him into space in case he escapes room 101
Gaa player interview cliches

ONeill

Women singing Amhrán na bhFiann excruciatingly slowly.
Joe Brolly.
"Impossible angles".
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

charlieTully

The lads who suddenly turn up to support the club at the semi final stage of a championship after not having been near a game in ten years and they are roaring at management to get a player switched etc etc.

BennyCake

Have to agree with Ger Canning and weemin singing the anthem.

muppet

Quote from: charlieTully on February 19, 2015, 11:17:22 PM
The lads who suddenly turn up to support the club at the semi final stage of a championship after not having been near a game in ten years and they are roaring at management to get a player switched etc etc.

Unless of course his father was useless. Then it is fair game.
MWWSI 2017

sheamy

Boys saying "f**k" in every sentence all the time in front of kids. And worse, not knowing or caring. Very sad.

ONeill

Quote from: sheamy on February 19, 2015, 11:33:54 PM
Boys saying "f**k" in every sentence all the time in front of kids. And worse, not knowing or caring. Very sad.

I dunno. It's coming of age experience.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

The Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cups.