Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Quote from: Hound on September 02, 2019, 04:24:59 PM
Quote from: westbound on September 02, 2019, 04:17:11 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on September 02, 2019, 01:26:45 PM
Did anyone else notice Jason Sherlock running onto the pitch for practically every Kerry kickout in the first half? He seemed to make a bee line for anywhere within the Kerry half where there was space and sometimes seemed to just run in a loop around it. The pessimist in me thought it looked like Dublin were getting another body on the pitch to make it seem more crowded for the Kerry kickouts. I know nothing illegal about what he was doing, but it did seem un-sporting to me.
Only an opinion from a neutral and wonder did anyone notice this or was it just me making something out of nothing.

One think I would criticise Gough about, there were a few times in the latter stages of the game when players went down injured and he made keepers take a kickout and on one occasion he waved off the medical staff off the pitch. Dangerous craic that, might have been gamesmanship but could have been serious injuries too.

1. That's definitely what Sherlock was doing - and he's not the first 'runner' to be at that!
2. Referees are instructed to play on with injured players unless it's a head injury. He was correct to get play to re-start.  And I think the time he waved the medical staff off the pitch was when the injured player was being subbed. He told him to get up and get off the pitch...which he was able to do!
The Kerry lad (Griffin?) was on much more than Sherlock in the first half. I think Jayo upped his game in the 2nd!

Lol

As I said, sherlock wouldn't be the first runner to be at it!

westbound

Quote from: fearsiuil on September 02, 2019, 04:25:31 PM
Did anyone else notice Jason Sherlock running onto the pitch for practically every Kerry kickout in the first half? He seemed to make a bee line for anywhere within the Kerry half where there was space and sometimes seemed to just run in a loop around it. The pessimist in me thought it looked like Dublin were getting another body on the pitch to make it seem more crowded for the Kerry kickouts. I know nothing illegal about what he was doing, but it did seem un-sporting to me.
Only an opinion from a neutral and wonder did anyone notice this or was it just me making something out of nothing.

One think I would criticise Gough about, there were a few times in the latter stages of the game when players went down injured and he made keepers take a kickout and on one occasion he waved off the medical staff off the pitch. Dangerous craic that, might have been gamesmanship but could have been serious injuries too.

1. That's definitely what Sherlock was doing - and he's not the first 'runner' to be at that!
2. Referees are instructed to play on with injured players unless it's a head injury. He was correct to get play to re-start.  And I think the time he waved the medical staff off the pitch was when the injured player was being subbed. He told him to get up and get off the pitch...which he was able to do!

Sean O'Shea was unable to run freely at end when Gough didn't allow medical attention on for Dublin free out. He hobbled back up field and was same attack where he gave away the Rock free kick out under Cusack sideline.
I didn't notice O'shea hobbling, but he was certainly gassed when he gave away that free.
But the refs are told to play on unless it's a head injury (or a serious injury), so Gough was correct to allow play to go on.

Rudi

Whelan made an eggit of himself at half time on the Sunday game, didn't see  that big thick head on him since the Mayo boys warmed up at the hill 16 end in 2006.

tonto1888

Quote from: WhoDat on September 02, 2019, 02:46:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 02, 2019, 02:00:38 PM
I thought McCarthy looked quite slow yesterday and might be better moved to midfield and O"Sullivan coming in. MDMA didn't quite cut it so might be something dublin would change.

McMahon should surely have some kind of role.

gavin doesn't trust mcmahon

Why do you think that

RedHand88

Video doing the rounds of Kerry and Dublin fans singing expletives about Tyrone. What a great bunch of lads.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Hound on September 02, 2019, 11:03:59 AM
Not that Kerry lack much in confidence anyway, but they'll now know they can beat us.
Not sure how you have come to that conclusion?

Kerry will draw encouragement from their competitive display yesterday no doubt but knowing they can beat Dublin when they had opportunity against 14 man for 40 mins and didn't take it....

fearsiuil

Quote from: westbound on September 02, 2019, 04:42:46 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on September 02, 2019, 04:25:31 PM

Sean O'Shea was unable to run freely at end when Gough didn't allow medical attention on for Dublin free out. He hobbled back up field and was same attack where he gave away the Rock free kick out under Cusack sideline.
I didn't notice O'shea hobbling, but he was certainly gassed when he gave away that free.
But the refs are told to play on unless it's a head injury (or a serious injury), so Gough was correct to allow play to go on.

Agreed, his tightness/injury added to him struggling to get back and ultimately make a jaded bad tackle. Lucky for him it was a tough free for Rock.

BennyCake

Quote from: RedHand88 on September 02, 2019, 05:14:07 PM
Video doing the rounds of Kerry and Dublin fans singing expletives about Tyrone. What a great bunch of lads.

That's the Chinese you're thinking of.

From the Bunker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tHRsvvZWg

Blowitupref

Conor Lane Cork confirmed as the ref for the replay.  I'm surprised HQ have reduced prices to now 60 euro for stand tickets and 30 euro for terrace tickets.

Odds Dublin 4/11 Kerry 15/4 and another draw 11/1
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 02, 2019, 06:44:03 PM
Conor Lane Cork confirmed as the ref for the replay.  I'm surprised HQ have reduced prices to now 60 euro for stand tickets and 30 euro for terrace tickets.

Odds Dublin 4/11 Kerry 15/4 and another draw 11/1

Didn't think they'd reduce them that much. Might try and get a terrace ticket if possible.

gallsman

Final replay tickets are always reduced. Was previously 50 down from 80 so 60 down from 90 to be expected.

Blowitupref

Quote from: gallsman on September 02, 2019, 09:33:38 PM
Final replay tickets are always reduced. Was previously 50 down from 80 so 60 down from 90 to be expected.

And i suppose replays has just one game instead of two. Not that many Kerry and Dublin supporters were that interested in the U17 final yesterday. 
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

MayoBuck

Quote from: gallsman on September 02, 2019, 09:33:38 PM

Fairly sure I paid 60 for the replay in 2016 so I thought it would be more this year with the price increases across the board.

WT4E

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 02, 2019, 06:40:56 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tHRsvvZWg

Kinda funny and i'm from Tyrone - who cares. Makes me feel my county is worthwhile to be on the minds of the big hitters even on All Ireland Final day