Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

So are Utd buying players for twitter likes? Is this what they've resorted to?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on September 24, 2018, 12:48:02 PM

Mourinho has bought:
Pogba,Lukaku, Matic, Fred, Mkhitaryan, Sanchez,Lindeloff, Bailley and Dalot,
so he cant really complain that its not his team.
If the players aren't good enough, he has to take the blame.
Pogbas return was going to be done in the summer of 2016 it seems regardless who was manager. He's a maverick footballer that does as many silly things as good things on the pitch.  Lukaku is a limited footballer and is playing as well as he can possibly play, Matic has done well enough but at his age he wasn't a long term option. Bailly is the best centre back United have and should be starting before a nervous Lindelof. Sanchez was signed in poor form and the wait goes on for him to find some form i personally think he's past his best and the next manager will get rid of him. Fred,Dalot will turn out to be good signings i believe.

Quote from: Boycey on September 24, 2018, 03:57:40 PM
Are Utd buying players to win football matches or create revenue?
Business men are about creating revenue and a top four finish is all they require to keep that high revenue ticking over.   

Boycey

Get rid of Sanchez? Who's gonna match the wages he's getting? They cant even shift the deadweight they have bacause of the wages theyre on

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Boycey on September 24, 2018, 05:33:28 PM
Get rid of Sanchez? Who's gonna match the wages he's getting? They cant even shift the deadweight they have bacause of the wages theyre on
Plenty of daft clubs out there and can offer a free piano as part of the deal.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on September 24, 2018, 01:41:41 PM
The Sanchez transfer was probably Woodward showing City who were the big dogs in the transfer market.
He hasn't fitted in hugely well, so you'd wonder who wanted him the most.
The jersey thing is probably not that relevant. If kids didn't have Sanchez, they'd just pick another player instead to go on the back of their jersey.

Do you not think there was an element of Jose sticking two fingers up to Pep in it also? Whoever is responsible - it has been a catastrophic signing.

trailer

Paddypower fan denial.
Get rid of Sanchez.
And his Piano.
Drop his Piano on Lukaku's legs.

Very funny tbf.

Over the Bar

Nice to see DDG getting deserved recognition in the Fifpro World XI.  No Liverpool or Ciddee players in it

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 25, 2018, 08:38:01 AM
Nice to see DDG getting deserved recognition in the Fifpro World XI.  No Liverpool or Ciddee players in it

That'll give you comfort over the long winter!

BennyCake

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 24, 2018, 09:16:50 PM
The Sanchez transfer was probably Woodward showing City who were the big dogs in the transfer market.
The jersey thing is probably not that relevant. If kids didn't have Sanchez, they'd just pick another player instead to go on the back of their jersey.

Do you not think there was an element of Jose sticking two fingers up to Pep in it also? Whoever is responsible - it has been a catastrophic signing.

Funny I remember saying at the time that Sanchez could prove to be a disappointing signing, and I was ridiculed for it  :o

Boycey

Quote from: BennyCake on September 25, 2018, 10:18:32 AM

Funny I remember saying at the time that Sanchez could prove to be a disappointing signing, and I was ridiculed for it  :o

People probably remembered your thoughts on De Gea  :)

maldini

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 25, 2018, 08:38:01 AM

Brilliant, what time's the parade?

Bord na Mona man

Who knows? It looks like Woodward gets the final say in transfers and wants to deliver glamorous signings.
The generous wages and the signing on fees are all negotiated by the boardroom bagmen.

oakleaflad

Any signing could end up being disappointing. Given Sanchez's record up until then though, you can see why people thought he would be successful.

NAG1

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 25, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

Any signing could end up being disappointing. Given Sanchez's record up until then though, you can see why people thought he would be successful.

Exactly and at the time he looked like a good fit, just one of those things, who knows if he is still around when another manager comes in he might be rejuvenated.

To be fair though any Arsenal fans I speak too are not surprised by his form.

BennyCake

Quote from: oakleaflad on September 25, 2018, 12:12:28 PM

Yes but that doesn't always guarantee they'll be a success at their new club. Look at Torres, Shevchenko, etc.