Christy Ring Cup 2018

Started by kerrygerry, May 04, 2018, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2018, 09:45:14 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on June 28, 2018, 09:39:04 AM
Agreed. Where are the Antrim lads that were on about Offaly 'taking their medicine'?
No issues for me. If you get sunk, you get sunk.
I think this system is for 1 year only to reduce the number of teams in the Joe McDonagh.
They could have relegated 2 teams and promoted Kildare, I suppose. Not sure that would be fairest way to decide it.

It was known beforehand so no issue but Armagh 12 45pm throw-in with a 1 week break, that's ludicrous and flys in the face of what Comical Alan was saying on OTB about the CCCC being fair and experienced.
#newbridgeornowhere

Owenmoresider

Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2018, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 11:51:12 AM
Agreed. Where are the Antrim lads that were on about Offaly 'taking their medicine'?
I think this system is for 1 year only to reduce the number of teams in the Joe McDonagh.
They could have relegated 2 teams and promoted Kildare, I suppose. Not sure that would be fairest way to decide it.

It was known beforehand so no issue but Armagh 12 45pm throw-in with a 1 week break, that's ludicrous and flys in the face of what Comical Alan was saying on OTB about the CCCC being fair and experienced.
Yeah but doubling it up with a football qualifier allows them to charge more in.
Doesn't really help them in trying to pretend their decisions aren't influenced by money does it?

johnnycool

Quote from: Owenmoresider on June 28, 2018, 12:12:38 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 28, 2018, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 28, 2018, 11:51:12 AM

Yeah but doubling it up with a football qualifier allows them to charge more in.
Doesn't really help them in trying to pretend their decisions aren't influenced by money does it?

I genuinely don't think the CCCCCCC's decision was driven by money as there's no big fanbase for either team irrespective of where it is played.
They just want to get it out of the road and tick the box ASAP.