The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Do Ireland now hold the record for the highest and third highest successful run chases in WC history?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

magpie seanie

Quote from: David McKeown on March 18, 2011, 06:20:41 PM
Do Ireland now hold the record for the highest and third highest successful run chases in WC history?

Yes, I think so. Some record.

AZOffaly

West Indies had some collapse yesterday. All out for 108 or something. Pakistan won by 10 wickets and go to the semi finals. Anyone know of any audio links to listen to it? I find cricket commentary is like baseball in the states. It sends you into an almost Zen like trance. :) BBC Radio 5 Live (online) doesn't seem to be working down here.

Denn Forever

India vs Australia today.  Should be a good game.  Australia win toss and bat first.  I think Australia will do it.

Highlights on BBC2 at 23.25.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 24, 2011, 09:06:50 AM
West Indies had some collapse yesterday. All out for 108 or something. Pakistan won by 10 wickets and go to the semi finals. Anyone know of any audio links to listen to it? I find cricket commentary is like baseball in the states. It sends you into an almost Zen like trance. :) BBC Radio 5 Live (online) doesn't seem to be working down here.

Found one! http://www.cricketfreeq.com/radio.php

Denn Forever

Can you get BBC4 longwave on the Net. I think TMS is doing the coverage (they were yesterday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/longwave_listen.shtml
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

deiseach

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 24, 2011, 09:27:00 AM
India vs Australia today.  Should be a good game.  Australia win toss and bat first.  I think Australia will do it.

A good call thus far. After a slow start Australia are slashing India all over the park :-\

stephenite

Haddin caught. Australia are 110-2. Captain needs a big knock to save his job, Clarke will need to stand up too

deiseach

Quote from: stephenite on March 24, 2011, 10:37:02 AM
Haddin caught. Australia are 110-2. Captain needs a big knock to save his job, Clarke will need to stand up too

Australia are ahead at the moment if you ask me. They're on target for 300 runs and you can be sure Brett Lee will have at least one purple patch to tear the heart out of India. Still, a few wickets and it all changes. That's what you gotta love about cricket

stephenite

deiseach

That's more like it. Australia looking at 270 at the moment which would be much less scary. If they could just get Ponting . . .

stephenite

stephenite

deiseach

But Mr Cricket will do for now! Come on India!

stephenite