Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_cuervo_fc

1985 Pearse Og 0-7 Armagh Harps 0-3

Quote from: charlie stubbs on September 11, 2009, 04:30:20 PM

from a neutrals point of view, would like harps to progress because would love to see a harps ogs final(anyone know the lastime this was?)

thewanderer

charlie your not up to speed in the armagh gaa history maybe u know irish league champs better?.  the last final was dire. are u just home from school maybe i was a bit critical as you are only a young whipper snapper.  ;)

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Jimmy Joe

Harps threw the game away tonight, 9 points up with 15 mins to go.  A good comeback from the Clans who looked well beaten, they hadn't even scored in the second half until  that stage then a point followed by a goal brought them back to a bit of life. 

Sean Morrison got a straight red with about 5 mins left which didn't help the Harps cause. 

Peadar Toal was in Good form tonight, scoring some excellent points and giving the full back a torrid time of it. 

Charlie Vernon was poor apart from a goal he scored in the first half, every other time he got the ball he gave it away.

Marty Lavery was very quiet for the Clans, Ronan Austin Played well in the last 15 mins to bring clans back into contention.

The Harps will be gutted that they never killed the game

Harpo

I have to agree with Jimmy Joe, harps threw the game away.  They seemed to loose shape altogether and simply let clans back into a game that they were winning convincingly.  I do think that they will however learn from their mistakes and win the replay!!

Jimmy Joe

The Harps should win the replay alright.  They were definitely the better team on show tonight

teletubby

was marsden or bumpy playing for clans or are they finished?

fitzroyalty

i thought we were on top in the first 15 or so mins, only our shooting let us down big time, hitting 7 wides/dropped short. Harps very dangerous up front and to be honest will be kicking themselves after letting us back into it when we were 8 or so down. great character shown by the lads and we know we can still play better. CV lucky bastid for that goal, good save only for it land in his fuckin lap lol The sending off was a joke,complete coward and deserved to go, well done to the officials for seeing it and acting accordingly.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 12, 2009, 10:19:31 PM
i thought we were on top in the first 15 or so mins, only our shooting let us down big time, hitting 7 wides/dropped short. Harps very dangerous up front and to be honest will be kicking themselves after letting us back into it when we were 8 or so down. great character shown by the lads and we know we can still play better. CV lucky bastid for that goal, good save only for it land in his fuckin lap lol The sending off was a joke,complete coward and deserved to go, well done to the officials for seeing it and acting accordingly.

was at the game. talking to a man(a neutral) who was right in front of the incident and said that morrison never touched and shouldnt have been sent off.

harps should have killed the game when 9points up but fair play to clans played to the end. toal good for harps but wheres was quigley? austin did plenty of hard work in last 15mins!

whens the replay?
Ard Mhacha Abu

fitzroyalty

He struck him at least once. He didn't get sent off for nothing, the match was videoed so maybe that will confirm if it is examined. Replay fri night 7.30 Athletic Grounds.

Throw ball

Was at the match tonight and the sending off incident was right in front of me. To be honest i saw two players going for the ball and then the Clans player lying down holding his face. Although it was that quick I might have missed it I did not see Morrisson hit anyone. Would add, however, that although noone around me could say for sure or not if there was a punch they were all convinced that there must have been! I actually thought Toal was the more likely to get send off for the Harps tonight. He was playing superbly and then was subject to an off the ball nudge (nothing too bad) and seemed to lose his way for a short time. Lennon also played well for the Harps as well as Gill. Thought the Harps faded very badly in the last ten - would this be a legacy of Nudie's time managing them? For Clans I thought Campbell did well in full forward and Ronan Austin finished the game well. The fella who took the final free (nash?) showed great nerve under pressure. Replay should be interesting.

Should also add that anyone who thinks Peadar Toal lis not a good footballer should watch the video of tonights game.

lurganblue

Aye Nash was cool under pressure for the last kick.

All this talk about the harps being completely dominant is rubbish lads. They had a period either side of the break where they put a lot of scores on the board without reply. The clans will be very disapponted as they dominated the start and hit some terrible wides from very scoreable positions.

Dwyer mcalinden and micky Austin were good in defence for the clans.
Looking forward to the replay.

Is wee Joe injured?

Unknown

Quote from: lurganblue on September 13, 2009, 07:23:01 AM
Aye Nash was cool under pressure for the last kick.

All this talk about the harps being completely dominant is rubbish lads. They had a period either side of the break where they put a lot of scores on the board without reply. The clans will be very disapponted as they dominated the start and hit some terrible wides from very scoreable positions.

Dwyer mcalinden and micky Austin were good in defence for the clans.
Looking forward to the replay.

Is wee Joe injured?
Yes clans took the start of the game and hit few good chances wide but the harps took a while to get into their stride.. They will be feelin down at letting a game in which they dominated from the 20 min mark in the first half until lets face it, I no they didn't play to there best but paudie Hughes gave alot of things clans way which led to them takin alot of easy frees!! Joe wasn't 100% obviousy.. Don't think the harps wudve sat him out otherwise.. Harps will win the replay without any problems

yellowcard

Heard last night that Cullyhanna were thrown out of next years championship. Since no-one has given an accurate account of what actually happened after the Granemore game, its hard to comment on whether this punishment is justified or not.

fcuksake

Quote from: fitzroyalty on September 12, 2009, 10:19:31 PM

A soccer like dive by the clans forward for the the equaliser that fooled that clown paudie hughes.

Harps should have been out of site. We lost our way in the last 15mins bigtime and the lads just couldnt get going, whether fitness was the problem plus we seemed to kick 4/5 stray frees straight into the arms of clans men which didnt help. I thought throughout the 60mins Clans won the Midfield, an area I thought we would dominate. Fair play to clans to come back the way they did, most other teams would have thrown the towel in, the goal seemed to lift them.

Hopfully the management will have the best 15 starting next week with kelly, lennon, mccoy, mcconville, coulter, McKinney & maybe Quigley all starting.

If Harps start with their strongest 15players its hard to see them not winning the replay

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.