TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Keeping this here as there may be some people watching the show who don't follow the American sports thread. For anyone interested in some discussion or analysis of the "Republicans buy sneakers too" comment, ESPN Daily podcast did a great, balanced job on it yesterday.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: gallsman on May 05, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
Keeping this here as there may be some people watching the show who don't follow the American sports thread. For anyone interested in some discussion or analysis of the "Republicans buy sneakers too" comment, ESPN Daily podcast did a great, balanced job on it yesterday.
Will check it out. He's a very, very single-minded individual so I'm not surprised he didn't get involved in much outside of what he saw as "the job".

seafoid

Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

gallsman

Quote from: seafoid on May 09, 2020, 06:09:39 AM
Killer Inside: The Mind of Aaron Hernandez

There's a good multi part podcast on Hernandez called Gladiator.

Caliphate/Kalifat on Netflix is very good. Superb Scandinavian TV again.

Orior

Quote from: lurganblue on May 04, 2020, 12:48:45 PM
Normal People. Don't get the raving people have done about this show. Maybe it's more suited to women cos the wife thought it great. I kept thinking, why has the lad given up on the GAA as he was obviously decent.

Quite a good programme, and Marianna is easy on the eye.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

quit yo jibbajabba

Gets the baps out at refreshingly regular intervals

RedHand88

Quote from: Orior on May 10, 2020, 11:54:38 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 04, 2020, 12:48:45 PM
Normal People. Don't get the raving people have done about this show. Maybe it's more suited to women cos the wife thought it great. I kept thinking, why has the lad given up on the GAA as he was obviously decent.

Quite a good programme, and Marianna is easy on the eye.

GAA and riding. Sure what's not to like?
Conall not the first young prospect to give up football when he moves up to the big smoke either.

BennyCake

Four watched, and I'm still a bit meh on this.

Nothing wrong with seeing a nice pair of baps, but it's nearly like they're in there to beef up a storyline that's a bit lacking.

It's a bit like swearing in songs. I could swear for Ireland, but when there's unnecessary swearing in songs, I'm like, nah there's no need for that like.

Smokin Joe

The missus loves it, so I'm watching it with her, but I think the main premise of the storyline is so convulated and unreal that it becomes tortuous at times (we are 7 episodes in).

SPOILER ALERT: They endure 10 months of pain and torture not being with each other just because they had a mix up over the meaning of a sentence. Like in real life as if he wouldn't have asked her outright to move in with her if he had such strong feelings for her.

gallsman

Swedish drama Caliphate on Netflix is absolutely gripping. Eight episodes of 45 mins.

johnnycool

Quote from: Smokin Joe on May 10, 2020, 01:05:13 PM
The missus loves it, so I'm watching it with her, but I think the main premise of the storyline is so convulated and unreal that it becomes tortuous at times (we are 7 episodes in).

SPOILER ALERT: They endure 10 months of pain and torture not being with each other just because they had a mix up over the meaning of a sentence. Like in real life as if he wouldn't have asked her outright to move in with her if he had such strong feelings for her.

It was written for by a woman for a woman FFS!

He was waiting for her to offer him to come stay with her and she didn't so he told her he was f**king off to Sligo for the summer SO

Tony Baloney

Watched first episode of Normal People last night and it's actually okay although not much happened. I know the main actor has kicked a bit of ball but where did the goalkeeper from? There is no way he plays as he'd have been off his line trying to decapitate yer man when he was bearing down on the goal.

bennydorano

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 12, 2020, 05:19:08 PM
Watched first episode of Normal People last night and it's actually okay although not much happened. I know the main actor has kicked a bit of ball but where did the goalkeeper from? There is no way he plays as he'd have been off his line trying to decapitate yer man when he was bearing down on the goal.
Read the Director tweeting about this, apparently on the first take the Goalie did a totally acrobatic pro save and ruined the shot!!

I've actually watched Normal People full series twice :-[  I was a bit meh at times but really got into it

quit yo jibbajabba

Jesus Benny yer as bad as the wife. We binge watched her over the weekend and shes already on the second time round

mrdeeds

Great interview with Lenny Abrahamson director of Normal people focused around GAA. It was in todays Star. There is a link somewhere.

I'm obviously very late to this but just started Suits. It's top class.