The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bensars

Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 01:36:20 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 29, 2009, 01:22:40 PM
Quote from: peterquaife on January 29, 2009, 01:20:53 PM
Benayoun is dung, not worthy of a liverpool shirt

Has actually been decent enough this season, I don't thik he is title-winning quality, but he has had a decent enough season. His goal tally was in the double figures last year.

Never going to be top class, but dung? Come off it.

mon now, head out of the sand...I asked you earlier, is Benayoun or Lucas Liverpool standard? yes or no?

PQ

What is Liverpool standard ??

If you talking about a team that hasnt won a PL title in 20 odd years, and annually finish around 4th or 5th spot , then the answer would be  yes  they are liverpool standard!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Bensars on January 29, 2009, 02:03:57 PM

Has actually been decent enough this season, I don't thik he is title-winning quality, but he has had a decent enough season. His goal tally was in the double figures last year.

mon now, head out of the sand...I asked you earlier, is Benayoun or Lucas Liverpool standard? yes or no?

PQ

If you talking about a team that hasnt won a PL title in 20 odd years, and annually finish around 4th or 5th spot , then the answer would be  yes  they are liverpool standard!

Well they finished 5th once but have also finished 2nd and 3rd as well as 4th. So you could say a team that finished anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

Rossie11

Madrid have 5 wins on the trot and have the likes of Robben back.
Sneijdner may be back as well
Poor they may be but I wouldnt have a bean on Pool to knock them out.
Jesus we couldnt score in 3hours of football V Stoke..

Bensars

PQ

If you talking about a team that hasnt won a PL title in 20 odd years, and annually finish anywhere between  2nd to  5th spot , then the answer would be  yes  they are liverpool standard!

Edit ...could some liverpool fans put up finishing positions in PL under Rafa  ?

peterquaife

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 29, 2009, 02:07:59 PM
Quote from: Bensars on January 29, 2009, 02:03:57 PM

PQ

Well they finished 5th once but have also finished 2nd and 3rd as well as 4th. So you could say a team that finished anywhere from 2nd to 5th.

its the standard that has brought them more league titles and european cups than any other team in england (you asked!)...from a while back, be that as it may, just means under a few regimes, Houlliers and Benetiz in particular that there has been a hell of a lot of players playing with the liver bird upon their chest not up to the standard....Lucas and Benayoun are just the latest on the conveyor belt

GalwayBayBoy

Benayoun is actually a handy enough little squad player. Doesn't play most games. Scores a few goals. Makes a few assists. He's certainly not the main problem at the club anyway. I mean what is Liverpool standard anyway? You can't have a squad of 20 superstars. We just don't have the budget for that. Even great Liverpool teams had a few journeymen in their squads. I mean is Nani Man Utd standard and they spent 17 million on him?

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 29, 2009, 02:22:12 PM
Benayoun is actually a handy enough little squad player. Doesn't play most games. Scores a few goals. Makes a few assists. He's certainly not the main problem at the club anyway. I mean what is Liverpool standard anyway? You can't have a squad of 20 superstars. We just don't have the budget for that. Even great Liverpool teams had a few journeymen in their squads. I mean is Nani Man Utd standard and they spent 17 million on him?

Benitez is that problem

Gabriel_Hurl

The usual suspects talking shite I see  ::)

corn02

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 29, 2009, 02:44:35 PM
The usual suspects talking shite I see  ::)

The United ones? or a dig at certain pool posters?

Elaborate boyo.... :o

full back

Doogie Browser

Would Barry have made a big difference to Liverpool this season if he had signed then? 

Over the Bar

QuoteMadrid have 5 wins on the trot and have the likes of Robben back.
Sneijdner may be back as well

How has yer new fella Huntelaar performed since joining?  

full back

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 29, 2009, 03:29:09 PM
not you corn

Who?
What sh1te has been said?
Or is it only sh1te because you dont agree with it or like it?

anportmorforjfc