The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:05:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:03:18 PM
Another draw. It seems like we've drawn the last dozen games.

Have to start winning pronto starting midweek or we'll soon be out of contention in everything.

Seems? That isn't too far from the truth.

Don't really care if we are out of contention in the Sweet FA Cup. Would be nice to win though, but not essential.

I'd take any kind of win right now just to get the ball rolling again.

Just checked. Drawn 5 of the last 8. Seems like more.

I could actually see us losing the least amount of games in the league this season but being undone by a scatter of draws.

corn02

Quote from: aroundincircles on January 25, 2009, 06:07:07 PM
Am not a fan of any soccer team but after spending millions on new players where would liverpool be with out steven gerrard. How much would liverpool have paid for kuyt??

They bought Kuyt for 13 million or something? Somewhere in that area.

Gerrard is priceless.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 06:08:50 PM
Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:05:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:03:18 PM
Another draw. It seems like we've drawn the last dozen games.

Have to start winning pronto starting midweek or we'll soon be out of contention in everything.

Seems? That isn't too far from the truth.

Don't really care if we are out of contention in the Sweet FA Cup. Would be nice to win though, but not essential.

True it would be the 3rd choice of trophies to win this year but I wouldn't be so flippant as to call it the sweet FA Cup,especially in the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough I think it would be great to win it this year,though I am a little biased as I love the FA Cup..

Yeah was a bit flippant and I do enjoy it. But it is our third priority, so I am not bothered either way.

aroundincircles

Gerard class act for sure as i say not a supporter of any team but cant help thinking that 6 draws in 9 games how many of them games would utd have went on to win?? the killer instinct seems to be non existent.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:09:49 PM
Am not a fan of any soccer team but after spending millions on new players where would liverpool be with out steven gerrard. How much would liverpool have paid for kuyt??

Gerrard is priceless.

Dirk actually started the season very well. Was scoring a few goals and getting a few assists. Last 6 weeks though he's been pretty poor. Could do with being dropped for a spell only for he's Rafa's lovechild. Plus the competition for his place is hardly fierce.

Carmen Stateside

Your right about Gerrard, another great performance from him today!
As someone said before, the extra game is not what is needed right now!
Think everyone seemed to come through without injury so with Agger back Rafa should have a full squad to pick from for Wednesday.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:14:10 PM

Gerrard is priceless.

Dirk actually started the season very well. Was scoring a few goals and getting a few assists. Last 6 weeks though he's been pretty poor. Could do with being dropped for a spell only for he's Rafa's lovechild. Plus the competition for his place is hardly fierce.

And corn is Kuyt's lovechild  :D ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Gerrard is priceless.

He was just ok today, should have done a lot better with the shot. Last six weeks he has dropped off the pace a bit, but that period included the Newcastle match - he was superb in that game.

Need to see a goal from him soon.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: aroundincircles on January 25, 2009, 06:13:21 PM
Gerard class act for sure as i say not a supporter of any team but cant help thinking that 6 draws in 9 games how many of them games would utd have went on to win?? the killer instinct seems to be non existent.

United have won 7 or 8 games 1-0. Many of those with very late goals. Not playing that well relatively speaking but they are getting the right result.

aroundincircles

liverpool need a six yard box preditor......

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 06:15:24 PM

Gerrard is priceless.

And corn is Kuyt's lovechild  :D ;)

Perhaps  ;D

I just think people forget that a team can't be all attack, skill, offensive - wingers anyway. A winger plays in the middle of the attack and defence and they need to have defensive duties as well.

That said, he needs to show a lot more on the attacking side. His goal return is decent this year, but he covers so much that is needed in a team that he is a sure starter every game.

Me and AZ have an argument all the time here about Kuyt creating space, I think Arbeloa reaped the benfits of it today.

GalwayBayBoy

So wonder is Keane off then?

Rumours that he strormed out of Anfield today. Might not be true obviously but if he's not involved midweek it won't look good for him.

corn02

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:16:28 PM
Quote from: aroundincircles on January 25, 2009, 06:13:21 PM

United have won 7 or 8 games 1-0. Many of those with very late goals. Not playing that well relatively speaking but they are getting the right result.

Exactly had an argument with a mate who said things like "doesn't happen at Unite" etc, etc, except in reality, 2008/2009 United have been a more conservative outfit.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

GalwayBayBoy

Sheff Utd v Hull City
Watford v Chelsea
West Ham v Middlesboro
Sunderland/Blackburn v Coventry
Derby/Notts Forest v Man Utd
Swansea v Fulham
Liverpool/Everton v Doncaster/Aston Villa
Cardiff/Arsenal v WBA/Burnley