The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

corn02

anportmorforjfc

what united players do you see waving for a second yellow card and trying to get a player sent off? Pathetic

corn02

Not a great result but a decent enough performance.

Good to see us playing a bit of fluid football for the first time in a few weeks.

Both full backs were good, Arbeloa was close to man of the match for me.

Mascherano looked excellent for the first time since the United match.

Wingers weren't great. Kuyt done his usual good shift, but he really should have done a lot better with that chance. Babel was giving up on balls not even out etc,etc, crowd got frustrated with him.

Torres looked sharper.

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 25, 2009, 05:55:32 PM
what united players do you see waving for a second yellow card and trying to get a player sent off? Pathetic

Haha, well both Rooney and Ronaldo have done it plenty this season, do you not remember Rooney even apologising for the Villlareal one?

So to answer your question, plenty.

The Real Laoislad

Happy not to lose but we should really have won that game,A extra game is not want was needed at this stage of the season.
Stevie G was brilliant today,I can't fathom why Keane wasn't even in the squad,I don't think it has anything to do with resting him ahead of the match mid week either.
Great bit of skill for the goal by Torres even if he was quite overall in the game,I thought Dossena had a good game today btw
You'll Never Walk Alone.

anportmorforjfc

exactly Rooney apoligised= not trying to get the player sent off.

Mascherano tryed to get Cahill sent off, and even waved for a second yellow.

corn02

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 25, 2009, 06:00:16 PM
exactly Rooney apoligised= not trying to get the player sent off.

Mascherano tryed to get Cahill sent off, and even waved for a second yellow.

Your right, diving is ok if you apologise after.

GalwayBayBoy

Another draw. It seems like we've drawn the last dozen games.

Have to start winning pronto starting midweek or we'll soon be out of contention in everything.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 25, 2009, 05:58:52 PM
Happy not to lose but we should really have won that game,A extra game is not want was needed at this stage of the season.
Stevie G was brilliant today,I can't fathom why Keane wasn't even in the squad,I don't think it has anything to do with resting him ahead of the match mid week either.
Great bit of skill for the goal by Torres even if he was quite overall in the game,I thought Dossena had a good game today btw

Agreed re: Dossena, steady and very good attacking. I'll give him praise where it is due.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Good result for Everton in the circumstances, though they might well have held on but for Howard's mistake, and they will have a better chance back at Goodison and with a couple of players hopefully set to return. Was struck by how quiet that home crowd was today, only seemed to waken up after Gerrard scored and then dozed off again shortly afterwards.

corn02

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:03:18 PM

Have to start winning pronto starting midweek or we'll soon be out of contention in everything.

Seems? That isn't too far from the truth.

Don't really care if we are out of contention in the Sweet FA Cup. Would be nice to win though, but not essential.

corn02

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 25, 2009, 06:04:15 PM
Good result for Everton in the circumstances, though they might well have held on but for Howard's mistake, and they will have a better chance back at Goodison and with a couple of players hopefully set to return. Was struck by how quiet that home crowd was today, only seemed to waken up after Gerrard scored and then dozed off again shortly afterwards.

Actually thought they were loud enough. All the songs got a run, the Kirby one especially.

aroundincircles

Am not a fan of any soccer team but after spending millions on new players where would liverpool be with out steven gerrard. How much would liverpool have paid for kuyt??

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 25, 2009, 06:05:12 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 25, 2009, 06:03:18 PM

Seems? That isn't too far from the truth.

Don't really care if we are out of contention in the Sweet FA Cup. Would be nice to win though, but not essential.

True it would be the 3rd choice of trophies to win this year but I wouldn't be so flippant as to call it the sweet FA Cup,especially in the 20th anniversary of the Hillsborough I think it would be great to win it this year,though I am a little biased as I love the FA Cup..
You'll Never Walk Alone.