The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 13, 2009, 03:48:11 PM
Feck me Torres has lost it. He's cracking under the pressure....

Mr Alex "Sigmund Freud" Ferguson will be having a quiet, evil laugh at Torres. Round two to Mr Ferguson.......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Billys Boots

QuoteThat only happens to teams who haven't won it before/in a while e.g. United did when Leeds won it in '91-92 - both teams folded but Leeds just fell over the line ahead of United (largely dueto big Eric).

Ah, I can't let that go Seanie, on two points.  Leeds won that title by four points, hardly falling over the line - though Utd did get walloped on the last day of the season in Anfield.  It wasn't largely due to big Eric either - he did have a great season, but most neutrals would have attributed the success to the midfield of Batty, McAllister and Strachan, and of course Chapman was top scorer.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

magpie seanie

Well from my memory United were stumbling in the run in including that 2-0 defeat at Anfield and I definitely remember Leeds getting thumped 4-0 or 4-1 by QPR in the run in. Leeds beat Sheffield United to clinch the title with a couple of bizarre goals I think. Cantona scored a few goals in the run in and they were crucial. No doubting the players you mentioned had fine seasons - my point was that Eric was vital in the run in. Leeds kept their nerve better but it wasn't an imperious run to victory.

Billys Boots

Fair enough, Leeds left the imperious running far behind in the 70s.

pintsofguinness

Rumour has it over here that there's video evidence Gerrard went over to yer man in the bar, hit him knocking him down, started to kick him when he was on the ground.  Gerrard's mates waded in and he went away and came back with a bottle and threw it at the boy on the ground.

Bad if that's true but could be bullshit.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 13, 2009, 07:24:51 PM
Rumour has it over here that there's video evidence Gerrard went over to yer man in the bar, hit him knocking him down, started to kick him when he was on the ground.  Gerrard's mates waded in and he went away and came back with a bottle and threw it at the boy on the ground.

Yes that rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now - bullshit until proven otherwise. I think it would have been mentioned by police by now.

pintsofguinness

Could well be bullshit corn (probably is) but why would the police release evidence to the media?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

corn02

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 13, 2009, 09:19:43 PM
Could well be bullshit corn (probably is) but why would the police release evidence to the media?

Fair enough, but I don't recall any mention of CCTV? You got to wonder how someobdy would know abolut this supposed footage. Plus sounds a bit savage for the chipped tooth he suffered.

magpie seanie

I see Torres seems to think Rafa is incorrect. The cheek of him to question his manager - he should be left to rot on the bench for the rest of the year!

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 14, 2009, 09:24:17 AM
I see Torres seems to think Rafa is incorrect. The cheek of him to question his manager - he should be left to rot on the bench for the rest of the year!

One striker rotting on the bench is enough.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 13, 2009, 07:24:51 PM

If this is what actually happened I can guarantee that Gerard would not have been charged with a s47 assault.  The way things work is that the police charge with with the highest offence that they can as a holding charge and then when the case is being set for trial, the actual charges that the defendant will be facing will be put to him.  A s47 assault is the next step up from common assault which is the lowest level of assault charge available.  If there was CCTV evidence of Gerard doing this, and there was evidence that the complainant had injuries, which there is, then he would have been charged with a minimum s 20 assault for GBH, or possibly a s 18 GBH with intent, as he went back and threw a bottle at him. 

Billys Boots

What's the likely penalty if he's found guilty as charged bc?

Hound

I heard there was CCTV. I would expect there to be CCTV is such a place, and if there wasnt I would have expected Liverpool to pay off the victim to make it go away (which they couldnt do if there was CCTV evidence).

But I dont believe its near as bad as said above, otherwise surely he would have been charged with assault rather than affray.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 14, 2009, 10:01:19 AM
What's the likely penalty if he's found guilty as charged bc?

If it was in the north and he was convicted of s47, with no record, there would be community service or possibly a short suspended sentence.  The likelihood is that it would be a community service type penalty with a compensation payment to the victim.

EC Unique

If he is found guilty do you think the FA will act and if so what is likely?