The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: corn02 on December 28, 2008, 03:35:48 PM
Superb performance, probably the best of the season. Newcastle were awful - they delivered a guide on how not to defend today.

Keane had a groin starin and with two games in 48 hours it was no big problem for him not to play - the scoreline also justified it.

Once again Yossi had a very good game, he has been very impressive the last half dozen games, fair play to him. The whole team were excellent. Gerrad, Kuyt and Lucas especially good.

Great to see Skertll get a run out near the end! With him and Torres returning should strengthen the squad abit for the second half of the season!

corn02

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 28, 2008, 04:05:13 PM
Superb performance, probably the best of the season. Newcastle were awful - they delivered a guide on how not to defend today.

Keane had a groin starin and with two games in 48 hours it was no big problem for him not to play - the scoreline also justified it.

Once again Yossi had a very good game, he has been very impressive the last half dozen games, fair play to him. The whole team were excellent. Gerrad, Kuyt and Lucas especially good.

Great to see Skertll get a run out near the end! With him and Torres returning should strengthen the squad abit for the second half of the season!

The indications are good. The biggest advantage of haviong Torres back is that it should help us break down teams at Anfield. Away from home we seem to play with a bit less pressure and freedom, our away form is excellent in fact.

Ok, we are not saying we are going to win it, but I think we are officially in the title race now.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: corn02 on December 28, 2008, 04:08:16 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 28, 2008, 04:05:13 PM

The indications are good. The biggest advantage of haviong Torres back is that it should help us break down teams at Anfield. Away from home we seem to play with a bit less pressure and freedom, our away form is excellent in fact.

Ok, we are not saying we are going to win it, but I think we are officially in the title race now.

I will go with that to Corn!

The Real Laoislad

Great result and really could have been 10,Hardly a bad thing to say about anyone though I do still think Babel is a lazy shite.
Insua was great again today,I remember saying on here a few months ago I would like to see him get a run in the team,so maybe Rafa reads the gaaboard.. ;)
Have to say I felt really sorry for Shay Given today,he proved he is in the Top 3 Goalies in the Premier League along with Cech and Reina, surely some big club must be interested in signing him it must be so frustrating for him to be so good and have to put up with such awful defending,I can't see Owen staying with the toon either.
Great result at Craven Cottage too,all in all its been a good sunday   :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 28, 2008, 07:57:40 PM
Great result and really could have been 10,Hardly a bad thing to say about anyone though I do still think Babel is a lazy shite.
Insua was great again today,I remember saying on here a few months ago I would like to see him get a run in the team,so maybe Rafa reads the gaaboard.. ;)
Have to say I felt really sorry for Shay Given today,he proved he is in the Top 3 Goalies in the Premier League along with Cech and Reina, surely some big club must be interested in signing him it must be so frustrating for him to be so good and have to put up with such awful defending,I can't see Owen staying with the toon either.
Great result at Craven Cottage too,all in all its been a good sunday   :)

ftp://

I would throw Friedel (sp?0 in that bracket too. I admire Given, I admire his loyalty, but will he look back on his career with regret, surely any team would have taken him at some stage. How can you be a serious candidate for man-of-the-match and still concede five?

brokencrossbar1

Good result but Newcastle are crap!!!  The difference in the last few games is that there is balance in the side.  Insua may be raw, but has all the makings of a fine full back(if slightly on the Shuan Wright Phillips!).  Yossi may be playing well, but still has to take too many touches, but is better suited on the right drifting in.  With Keane on a good run, and Skertl back wit Torres and Aurelio to come in too, it will be like having a few new players added to the squad.

Now all we have to hope is that Rafa cuts the Heskey crap, roads Dossena, roads Pennant, and picks up at least a full back.  I wonder if Mickey Owen might go back on his word to stay to the end of the season as I think the money earmarked for Heskey would be better employed there.

Also good to see Lucas starting to show a bit.  He may be fine acquisition too.

GalwayBayBoy

Next few league games

Stoke (A)
Everton (H)
Wigan (A)

Then Chelsea at home at the beginning of Febuary.

Man U v Chelsea playing each other next too.

corn02

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 28, 2008, 09:57:14 PM
Good result but Newcastle are crap!!!  The difference in the last few games is that there is balance in the side.  Insua may be raw, but has all the makings of a fine full back(if slightly on the Shuan Wright Phillips!).  Yossi may be playing well, but still has to take too many touches, but is better suited on the right drifting in.  With Keane on a good run, and Skertl back wit Torres and Aurelio to come in too, it will be like having a few new players added to the squad.

Now all we have to hope is that Rafa cuts the Heskey crap, roads Dossena, roads Pennant, and picks up at least a full back.  I wonder if Mickey Owen might go back on his word to stay to the end of the season as I think the money earmarked for Heskey would be better employed there.

Also good to see Lucas starting to show a bit.  He may be fine acquisition too.

Owen made his bed, but Rafa is so committed to the job that personal feelings would not come in the way if he wanted him.

Re: Fuullback - The rumours are about Johnston - one of the best in the league in my opinion.

Yossi deserves credit he got awful abuse on this thread not s olong ago, while I defended him I did say that he was just below Pool quality, but the last half dozen games he has been excellent.

The Real Laoislad

What is most remarkable about the last two games is how we managed to win without Arvalo Arbeloa  ;) ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Niall Quinn

Nov 8 Nov 30 Dec 6 Dec 23 Dec 29
Chelsea    4/5    11/10   11/10    6/5     13/8
Man Utd    3/1     9/4      7/4    13/8     11/8
Liverpool   4/1     3/1      4/1     4/1      5/2
Arsenal    10/1   20/1     14/1    20/1     33/1
Aston V  125/1  150/1      *      50/1     66/1

(from bet365.com)
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

under the bar

QuoteNov 8 Nov 30 Dec 6 Dec 23 Dec 29
Chelsea    4/5    11/10   11/10    6/5     13/8
Man Utd    3/1     9/4      7/4    13/8     11/8
Liverpool   4/1     3/1      4/1     4/1      5/2
Arsenal    10/1   20/1     14/1    20/1     33/1
Aston V  125/1  150/1      *      50/1     66/1

Unless anyone really slips up I dont think these odds will change drastically until after each head to head, starting with ManU v Chelsea on 11 Jan.

FermGael

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

full back

Good result for the scousers, but as someone said earlier Newcastle were brutal
It could have been 3 or 4 nil before Liverpool took the lead

Jimmy Joe

LIVERPOOL FC captain Steven Gerrard is in custody today after police were called to a Merseyside nightspot.

The 28 year-old was arrested in the early hours of this morning on Bold Street, Southport, following a disturbance at licensed premises.

A 34 year-old man, from Southport, suffered facial injuries which are not said to be serious, and was taken to hospital.

The Liverpool FC star spent the rest of the night in the cells and is still being quizzed about the incident.

Police officers were called to premises at around 2.30am where they detained six people on suspicion of section 20 assault.

Four men, aged 33, 31, 29 and 19, from Huyton, Gerrard, from Formby, and an 18 year-old man, from Litherland, were all arrested.

A Merseyside Police said: "We are investigating an assault in the early hours of the morning on Lord Street.

"Officers attended a licensed premises where they detained six people on suspicion of Section 20 assault. They are still being questioned."

under the bar

As Alex Ferguson would say "Ye winnae win nae Championships outside nae club at 3am"