The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall Quinn

Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea's price is too short in my opinion. Utd have played Liverpool, Chelsea, and the Arse away from home already, Arsenal (when on) play the best football, and Liverpool look like they have real title resolve this year (we've only been waiting for 18 years!).
I'm going to tempt fate and call for a league title Anfield-bound come May 2009.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Minder

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:15:10 PM
Interesting that the bookies have us third favourites for the title, even after today's results:

Chelsea 4/5 Bet
Man Utd 3/1 Bet
Liverpool 4/1 Bet
Arsenal 10/1 Bet
Aston Villa 125/1 Bet
(from bet365.com)

Chelsea's price is too short in my opinion. Utd have played Liverpool, Chelsea, and the Arse away from home already, Arsenal (when on) play the best football, and Liverpool look like they have real title resolve this year (we've only been waiting for 18 years!).
I'm going to tempt fate and call for a league title Anfield-bound come May 2009.

They have, and have the grand total of 1 point for their efforts
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Niall Quinn

Yeah, it just makes me nervous that they've played their three most difficult games and are still only 5 pts adrift (assuming they win their game in hand).
They've Villa and City away over the next few weeks and I'd really like to see them drop a few more points there ;D
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

gawa316

Quote from: Niall Quinn on November 08, 2008, 08:32:01 PM
Yeah, it just makes me nervous that they've played their three most difficult games and are still only 5 pts adrift (assuming they win their game in hand).
They've Villa and City away over the next few weeks and I'd really like to see them drop a few more points there ;D

Agreed.

It was nice to score a couple in the 1st half today, to take the pressure off us in the 2nd for a change. Really need to take full points in our next few games but tryining to predict Liverpool results is a lottery.

Yes I Would

Good professional performance.
Robbie took his goals well and looked sharp.
Equally important though was clean sheet and pretty much dominating from start to finish.  Torres should be raring to go from the start next day out.

West Brom poor and will struggle but these are the type of games Liverpool have struggled to convince in in recent years.

gawa316

Well spuds again tomorrow night. They'll be really up for, with them being cup holders and there recent improvement. Although it is 4th choice in our list of wanted silverware I think tomorrow nights match is still important. It'll give a few squad members a chance to shine and hopefully a few youngsters will get a chance to step up.

My team for tomorrow night would be:

Cavalieri
Degen   Hyppia   Agger   Insua
             Lucas   Plessis
El Zhar     Benayoun      Babel
                 Ngog

Subs: Torres, Pacheo, Darby, Huth, Alonso, Martin, Spearing    Not sure if you're allowed 7 subs in carling cup

nifan

Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.

Minder

Quote from: nifan on November 11, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.

I think he got injured while on international duty with Hungary.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gawa316

Quote from: nifan on November 11, 2008, 01:05:22 PM
Is nemeth injured?
Also wouldnt play Agger.

Yeah Nemeth is injured. Still think Agger needs games before he gets back to his best, plus not sure if any of the reserves are ready but hopefully I'm wrong.

corn02

Quote from: gawa316 on November 11, 2008, 11:52:07 AM
Well spuds again tomorrow night. They'll be really up for, with them being cup holders and there recent improvement. Although it is 4th choice in our list of wanted silverware I think tomorrow nights match is still important. It'll give a few squad members a chance to shine and hopefully a few youngsters will get a chance to step up.

My team for tomorrow night would be:

Cavalieri
Degen   Hyppia   Agger   Insua
             Lucas   Plessis
El Zhar     Benayoun      Babel
                 Ngog

Subs: Torres, Pacheo, Darby, Huth, Alonso, Martin, Spearing    Not sure if you're allowed 7 subs in carling cup

Pretty much spot on the team I'd like to see. Excpet instead of Yossi I would like your lad - can't remeber his name - was good in pre-season with Nemeth. and maybe Pennant for Babel.

gawa316

Quote from: corn02 on November 11, 2008, 04:34:58 PM

Pretty much spot on the team I'd like to see. Excpet instead of Yossi I would like your lad - can't remeber his name - was good in pre-season with Nemeth. and maybe Pennant for Babel.

Pacheo is his name. Haven't seen a whole load of him but from glimpses he looks class, considering he is only 17

nifan

Quote from: gawa316 on November 11, 2008, 01:55:03 PM
Still think Agger needs games before he gets back to his best, plus not sure if any of the reserves are ready but hopefully I'm wrong.

I think he is playing a reasonable number of games since getting back to fitness.
Wouldnt want to overdo it.

If Hobbs wasnt on loan Id have had him in.

magpie seanie

Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

corn02

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 11, 2008, 04:48:18 PM
Didn't see anyone thanking Carson for his assist for Keane's second the last day. Joke.

Near as bad asPhil Neville's assist for Unted in the 4-2 one.  ;)

The Real Laoislad

Don't give a toss about tomorrows night match to be honest,Might be no harm to be out of it as it's only a distraction,Spurs I'm sure will have a full team as this cup is for the likes of them.
It will be a good run out for our reserve team
You'll Never Walk Alone.