The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 26, 2008, 05:19:04 PM
QuoteGreta result and performance. Who would have thought you could have such a comfortable 1-0 win at Stamford Bridge? Riera was excellent but was sloppy a couple of times in possession but he looks the business. Alonso was superb too, always picks the right pass. Need to keep her lit now.........

Greta who?  Good result but the reaction to Liverpool picking up a few good results at the start of a campaign is not dissimilar to that attributed to the English National team.

What reaction is that then? The one you see here where everyone is pleased with the form of the last six weeks, culminating in a damn good victory at Stamford Bridge, or the one United fans like to think they see, of "delusion" and premature celebration?

Norf Tyrone

Went to watch the game in the pub today for a few beers. After the match the missus landed in with the two bairns to lift me, and then it hit me! The wee lad is four in a few weeks time, and the wee girl one and a bit. They haven't live through a Chelsea home league defeat!!

Well done Liverpool. Best team won on the day!

This was a result that has been hanging over Chelsea for 6 months truth be told. I have said several times that Anelka CANNOT play up fron on his on, and all too often we lack creativity and invention out wide. Today Kalou, Malouda, and Anelka were anonymous. Geez how we missed the pysical presence of Drogba, and that wee bit of differance that Cole can provide.

The game was almost as I predicted. Liverpool would defend deep and manfully, with Chelsea hoping to create something from a set piece. However not only did Chelsea not look like scoring, the best chances feel to the visitors. Someone commented in the pub that Liverpool were very negative. I would not agree with that, but if I did credit must go to Liverpool's defensive abilities.

As for Big Phil? He might need to look at a 4-4-2 at home. Anelka isn't good enough, and is certainly not going to fight a lone furrow. There is also a question mark back on our wide boys again. I mean if you could choose Ronaldo or Malouda?

However...it had to happen some day. Undefeated at home in 4 1/2 years is some record.

Last question to el cuervo and Carmen Stateside...why do you think JT is a tr**p?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Minder

Aye was wondering why they said he was a tr**p?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Because everytime he went for a challenge today he would lead with his elbow, or leave a foot in after a challenge! Actually any time i have seen him play he has been at it!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 26, 2008, 06:43:44 PM
Because everytime he went for a challenge today he would lead with his elbow, or leave a foot in after a challenge! Actually any time i have seen him play he has been at it!

I am sorry, I must've been watching a different game.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

lurganblue

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2008, 07:10:38 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on October 26, 2008, 06:43:44 PM

I am sorry, I must've been watching a different game.

must have missed this too. if it refers to him challenging for the ball with reina then you´d need to retire

supersub

another top notch result from the reds and rafa today! going strong, these kinds of games along with the endless draws we usually have are always the ones that hold us back in the league but we seem to be winning the big games and gettin more out of the last ten mins of tied games. come on the reds keep it up lads!!

EC Unique

Great result for Utd.. Chelsea dropping 3 points will help us out and the business end of the season ;)

corn02

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 26, 2008, 06:30:24 PM
Went to watch the game in the pub today for a few beers. After the match the missus landed in with the two bairns to lift me, and then it hit me! The wee lad is four in a few weeks time, and the wee girl one and a bit. They haven't live through a Chelsea home league defeat!!

Well done Liverpool. Best team won on the day!

This was a result that has been hanging over Chelsea for 6 months truth be told. I have said several times that Anelka CANNOT play up fron on his on, and all too often we lack creativity and invention out wide. Today Kalou, Malouda, and Anelka were anonymous. Geez how we missed the pysical presence of Drogba, and that wee bit of differance that Cole can provide.

The game was almost as I predicted. Liverpool would defend deep and manfully, with Chelsea hoping to create something from a set piece. However not only did Chelsea not look like scoring, the best chances feel to the visitors. Someone commented in the pub that Liverpool were very negative. I would not agree with that, but if I did credit must go to Liverpool's defensive abilities.

As for Big Phil? He might need to look at a 4-4-2 at home. Anelka isn't good enough, and is certainly not going to fight a lone furrow. There is also a question mark back on our wide boys again. I mean if you could choose Ronaldo or Malouda?

However...it had to happen some day. Undefeated at home in 4 1/2 years is some record.

Last question to el cuervo and Carmen Stateside...why do you think JT is a tr**p?

Good post.

Hound

Liverpool definitely playing far more positively than before under Rafa. Even at 1-0, there was never a case of putting the bus in front of the posts and hope to hang on. When in possession, always looked to make things happen.

I liked the under-stated celebrations from the players at the end. And the post match comments from Gerrard and Carragher, while acknowledging it was a big result, the both said it was only 3 points and they really have to focus on Pompey on Wednesday.

The Real Laoislad

Doesn't really need to be said but tonight is a must win,more so even than sunday was..
Any news on El Nino?
I can see Keane being dropped tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 29, 2008, 05:13:39 PM
Doesn't really need to be said but tonight is a must win,more so even than sunday was..
Any news on El Nino?
I can see Keane being dropped tonight

Torres not fit yet, only starting running yesterday. Keane is struggling with injury as well. I can see Babel being given a start up front. Otherwise have to play the same side as the wkd.

Class of 99

Any links to watch match live tonight?????

The Real Laoislad

Team v Pompy

Reina
Arbeola
Aurelio
Carra
Hyypia
Lucas
Alonso
Gerrard
Kuyt
Babel
Pennant

No Keane as I thought
You'll Never Walk Alone.

brokencrossbar1

Glad to see Sami getting a run, but thought that Carra may have been rested.  Also happy to see Masch get a rest, he has had a few awesome games after a lot of travelling.  Plenty of mobility in front 3-4 with Kuyt, Babel and Pennant able to switch around comfortably. I am also glad that Keane has been rested as he has seemed a bit jaded due to the injury.  Let him rest so that he is fresh to open his league account against Spurs at the weekend ;D