The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 09:39:48 PM

You say Arbeola has done nothing to receive the criticism,Fair enough you tell me what he has done to receive the praise..
He reminds me of Kromkamp,Josemi etc..IMHO he is not a world class defender as Gab believes and he will be found out..

I don't think he has had stand out moments that he should haved received praise for (apart from against barca) but just because he doesn't deserve praise doesn't mean he is shit. I don't think he is world class (as you state Gab think he is) and I also don't think he is awful, which you do. I think he is a good defender who can do a job for us

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: gawa316 on August 13, 2008, 10:04:59 PM

You say Arbeola has done nothing to receive the criticism,Fair enough you tell me what he has done to receive the praise..
He reminds me of Kromkamp,Josemi etc..IMHO he is not a world class defender as Gab believes and he will be found out..

I don't think he has had stand out moments that he should haved received praise for (apart from against barca) but just because he doesn't deserve praise doesn't mean he is shit. I don't think he is world class (as you state Gab think he is) and I also don't think he is awful, which you do. I think he is a good defender who can do a job for us
Ah get off the fence  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Very lucky tonight,Really should have lost
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stevo-08

Well Gab keeps harping on and on about his performance in the Nou Camp a few years ago...I agree he had a good game in that,even though that was his first game for Liverpool which luckily for him was in Spain against Spanish opposition which he was more than use to playing against as he had just come from the Spainish league
If i'm proved to be wrong and he has a unbelievable season i will hold my hands up
And don't slag Traore!! He has a Champions League medal  :o
I have no opinion on Robbie Earle or his penis but Craig Doyle is a annoying hewer

I think you are being too harsh laoislad. He cost us 2.5m so can hardly expect him to be world class. And he's only 25 so still quite young. But to write him off after a season and a half is a bit much. He's a solid enough defender, nothing more & nothing less. Nowhere near the class of cole, evra, clichy, sagna etc. But we'll need to spend heavily before getting a player of that calibre. Having spent 7m on dossena we should have high expectations of him & we'll have the right to be very crititical if he doesnt perform. Arbeloa will do an ok job and I dont expect him to get "found out" anytime soon. In fact, I think he'll only get better.

Carmen Stateside

I am taking LL side on this one. Finnan has done alot for Liverpool over the years and i would prefer him yet to Arbeloa!

As for tonights game, not very impressive! Liverpool seemed to treat it as a pre season game. Bar Reina the rest of the team was very poor. Keane going to have to get himself sorted soon aswell.

Chrisowc

A hard game tonight but we will have enough at home (famous last words!!)

A game like that would have been good prep for the game on Saturday.  Better than any pre-season friendly anyway.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stevo-08 on August 13, 2008, 10:08:23 PM

Well Gab keeps harping on and on about his performance in the Nou Camp a few years ago...I agree he had a good game in that,even though that was his first game for Liverpool which luckily for him was in Spain against Spanish opposition which he was more than use to playing against as he had just come from the Spainish league
If i'm proved to be wrong and he has a unbelievable season i will hold my hands up
And don't slag Traore!! He has a Champions League medal  :o
I have no opinion on Robbie Earle or his penis but Craig Doyle is a annoying hewer

I think you are being too harsh laoislad. He cost us 2.5m so can hardly expect him to be world class. And he's only 25 so still quite young. But to write him off after a season and a half is a bit much. He's a solid enough defender, nothing more & nothing less. Nowhere near the class of cole, evra, clichy, sagna etc. But we'll need to spend heavily before getting a player of that calibre. Having spent 7m on dossena we should have high expectations of him & we'll have the right to be very crititical if he doesnt perform. Arbeloa will do an ok job and I dont expect him to get "found out" anytime soon. In fact, I think he'll only get better.

I hope your right,though i somehow doubt it..As i said I will hold my hands up if he proves anyway decent..
If he turns out to be the world class defender Gab thinks he is I will run naked down Anfield Road with "I LUV Arbeola" tattooed across my big hairy arse
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Lucius Fox

not a great performance 2nite, it can only get better!! team were very lacklustre

great to see agger back, he'll be needed this year

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 10:13:01 PMI hope your right,though i somehow doubt it..As i said I will hold my hands up if he proves anyway decent..
If he turns out to be the world class defender Gab thinks he is I will run naked down Anfield Road with "I LUV Arbeola" tattooed across my big hairy arse

When did I ever claim Arbeloa was a "world class defender"?

Yes I Would

Brutal stuff tonight. Fingers out of arseholes is needed very soon.
No more excuses from Rafa!

Mentalman

Jasus lads what about that. I'm just becoming like a broken record but what's wrong with passing the ball to a player in the same shirt as yourself? Liverpool were under the cosh for long periods of the first half. At one point they got the ball down and started passing. Now in fairness it was all neat triangles between defense and midfield, going nowhere. The Liege crowd get on their back, so what do they do? Dossena hoofs an aimless ball up in Benyoun's direction. The correct thing to do was to hold the ball, hold the ball, hold the ball - pass, pass, pass. Let Liege run around like maniacs after the ball. Be patient. Piss off their fans. I just can't grasp it at all. How come when the the fulbacks get the ball there only seems to be two things in their mind (1) pass it back to the centre half (2) hoof it up front to possibly the smallest, least physical front line Liverpool have had for years? Why not pass to either deep midfielder, who should be facing them looking for the ball. After all Alonso is one of the best passers of a ball in the game, let him pick the passes. I don't want to slate individual players, as it's literally the start of the season, but I see the same system we've watched for too long now. To give credit Liege were so up for that game, and with so many young players, I can't see them holding on to some of them for too long. In the second half the Liverpool fullbacks got forward on a couple of occasions, but the crosses were poor. Reina absolutely saved them tonight. Great to see Agger continuing on the comeback trail, got forward once or twice with the ball, which the team has missed. Carra was outmuscled a bit, and couldn't compete in the air. Plessis can be happy with his contribution for a young man, not sure if he has a long term future, to early to say. Dossena started out badly, let's hope it's just nerves. Arbeloa was Arbeloa ;) Alonso looked pretty assured but that was some tackle that earned him the yellow! Gerrard looked sharp in his few minutes. Benyoun was in and out of the match. Kuyt is not a right sided midfielder and that tall fullback beat him all ends up in the air, taking away one of Benitez's little tactics. Torres was kicked from beginning to end, I think he better get used to it. Keane was trying a bit too much. As someone said a few pages back, the sooner he scores the better, otherwise we'll just have to get him his own ball, he'll be trying so many tricks. Serious improvement needed for Sunderland or it will be anther poor start to the league. Credit to Liege, they marshalled the reds well, and should have won.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Over the Bar

Jayzuz how did Liverpool escape with a draw?  Should have been 2 or 3 nil.   Jammy barstewards!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 13, 2008, 10:17:00 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 13, 2008, 10:13:01 PMI hope your right,though i somehow doubt it..As i said I will hold my hands up if he proves anyway decent..

When did I ever claim Arbeloa was a "world class defender"?

Fair enough you might not have said "world class" but you did say this...Which i find just as amusing

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 10, 2008, 04:30:58 PM
Arbeloa is a tremendous right-back

So i retract my earlier promise and i change it to..If Arbeloa becomes a tremendous right-back i will run naked down Anfield Rd with "I LUV Arbeloa" tattooed on me hairy arse
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on August 13, 2008, 10:10:16 PM
I am taking LL side on this one. Finnan has done alot for Liverpool over the years and i would prefer him yet to Arbeloa!

As for tonights game, not very impressive! Liverpool seemed to treat it as a pre season game. Bar Reina the rest of the team was very poor. Keane going to have to get himself sorted soon aswell.

That man talks sense ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Over the Bar

QuoteKeane going to have to get himself sorted soon aswell.

The price tag is affecting him already.  Wait til the kop start getting on his back.