The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Ngog is not for the reserves, he is being put into the first squad. Meant to be a bit of a prodigy but his record is shit.

Whacker

Any update on Keane Barry et al?

Sorry CORN had a moment!lol

corn02

Defore? What  :o

Keane lastest: signing start of next week, probably crock of shit.

Captain Black

Quote from: Whacker on July 24, 2008, 12:51:45 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/0,19521,11065,00.html

Liverpool land Ngog
Liverpool have announced the signing of teenage striker David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain.

The 19-year-old Frenchman has penned a four-year deal at Anfield and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

Ngog, who is a cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, impressed at Parc Des Princes last term, despite the Ligue 1 club's poor form.

The youngster becomes manager Rafa Benitez's fourth signing of the summer following the captures of Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Who is this boy? Jesus Rafa would you catch a grip! The fact he is Boumsongs cousin should tell you to stay clear!

Yeah Rafa, catch a grip. Ive never seen this guy before but catch a grip. The fact that he is Boumsongs cousin should tell you to stay well clear, amirite?

Most retarded thing Ive read on here in quite a while.

Yes I Would

Boumsongs cousin. Not even on a free!

Captain Black

Minder

Quote from: Captain Black on July 24, 2008, 01:07:45 PM
Quote from: Whacker on July 24, 2008, 12:51:45 PM
http://www.skysports.com/football/0,19521,11065,00.html

Liverpool land Ngog
Liverpool have announced the signing of teenage striker David Ngog from Paris Saint Germain.

The 19-year-old Frenchman has penned a four-year deal at Anfield and arrives for an undisclosed fee.

Ngog, who is a cousin of former Newcastle United defender Jean-Alain Boumsong, impressed at Parc Des Princes last term, despite the Ligue 1 club's poor form.

The youngster becomes manager Rafa Benitez's fourth signing of the summer following the captures of Andrea Dossena, Diego Cavalieri and Philipp Degen.

Who is this boy? Jesus Rafa would you catch a grip! The fact he is Boumsongs cousin should tell you to stay clear!

Yeah Rafa, catch a grip. Ive never seen this guy before but catch a grip. The fact that he is Boumsongs cousin should tell you to stay well clear, amirite?

Most retarded thing Ive read on here in quite a while.

Perhaps someone from the Liverpool scouting department has, surely it is irrelevant who he is related to. John Terrys brother plays for Leyton Orient.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Uladh

Quote from: J70 on July 23, 2008, 12:07:45 AM
I had to look up "ecru"! :-[  ;D

Which one was that? The kind of creamish thing they had the first year they signed with Reebok (96-97 if memory serves). Or some other one?

same colour as the suits before the Cantona cup final

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Captain Black on July 24, 2008, 01:16:30 PM
Quote from: Yes I Would on July 24, 2008, 01:08:45 PM
Boumsongs cousin. Not even on a free!

What. The. f**k.

To paraphrase Joe Brolly's favourite comment "he is not even the first cousin of a footballer" :P  Give the lad a chance, he is young and raw and can be moulded.  When Thierry Henry went to Italy he wasn't up to much and he turned out alright.

Captain Black

Minder I think the sarcasm of my posts has been lost on you. Ill put a winking smiley beside any saracastic posts I make in the future, give you a chance sure.

Minder

Quote from: Captain Black on July 24, 2008, 03:23:20 PM
Minder I think the sarcasm of my posts has been lost on you. Ill put a winking smiley beside any saracastic posts I make in the future, give you a chance sure.

You should Captain, you are operating on a different level to me.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Chrisowc

Christopher Wreh's cousin wasn't bad.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

magpie seanie

Lionel Messi/Kaka/Ronaldo/almost whoever you like's cousin is relatively shit too.

Whacker

You forgot about Deco's cousin!

Hands up stupid remark! lol

FermGael

Taken from http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/7523911.stm
O'Neill wants decision over Barry

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill wants a resolution to Gareth Barry's proposed transfer to Liverpool as the summer-long saga continues to drag on.

BBC Sport understands Villa have rejected a bid of £13m for the 27-year-old and O'Neill wants to know where he stands so he can plan his own season.

"They've not officially come back to us in any form of writing. It's a really awkward position," he said.

"I wouldn't mind it ending one way or another. We've our own plans to make."

Barry has made public his desire to move to Anfield, but O'Neill added: "We shouldn't be at Liverpool's behest.

We're not sure where Liverpool stand now,We haven't heard back from Liverpool for some time.

"When people say people are in limbo, I don't think that applies to anybody more than ourselves. We don't know whether to move forward or not with it."

And the Villa boss remains keen to keep England international Barry at the club.

"My preference - and hopefully I'm speaking for a lot of Villa fans, if not all of them - is that we would like Gareth to stay at the football club," said the Villa boss.

"That would be great because it will be hard to replace him, but we're not sure where Liverpool stand now."

Barry received a harsh reception from Villa fans when he played in a pre-season friendly against Walsall earlier this week.

He was not involved in the first leg of Villa's Intertoto Cup tie at Danish side Odense last weekend, but O'Neill says he would be happy to pick him for the return leg if he is the right frame of mind.

"He will be in contention for Saturday," said O'Neill.

"I have never not been impressed with him in two years as to his attitude on the football pitch.

"In fairness the Intertoto gives us that chance to get into the Uefa Cup, which we set out to get into by one way or another, and Gareth was a major part of that last year."

Even if Barry did play for Villa on Saturday, he would still be able to play for Liverpool in European competition if he moved to Anfield.

Under Uefa regulations, Barry would still be eligible to play for another team in European competition this season, as the Intertoto Cup is not covered by the same eligibility rules as the Uefa Cup and Champions League.

The first thing that's annoys me about this is O'Neill's attitude.  When the story first broke, he was crying to the press about Liverpool doing there business through the media and how unprofessional it was. 
Now he seems intent on making every little aspect of Barry's possible transfer public knowledge through the press.  First it was the legal letter to Liverpool, now he is setting a deadline. 
If I was Liverpool I would let O'Neill sweat it out a wee bit longer. He has obviously planned for Barry to be a Liverpool player by now.  He now has a player who has 1 year left on his contract, does not want to be at the club and the fans have turned on him.  He can walk away on a free this time next year.
He is not worth 18 million and if Liverpool continue to stick to their guns, they may get him for 12 or 13 million yet.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered