The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 22, 2008, 10:04:07 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 22, 2008, 09:45:59 PM
Bollocks anyway. I don't think there was much else Riise could do given the pace of the ball (and his lack of a right foot! :P) and the fact that Anelka was right behind him.

He could have swung his right foot at it for a start. It may have gone 20 yards straight up in the air but it would have done the job. Instead he tries to head a ball coming in at knee height the fecking clown. Absolutely shocking.

Yeah, I was probably being a bit too kind.

Uladh

Quote from: stiffler on April 22, 2008, 10:02:17 PM
I was thinking Liverpool's luck was due to run out, but thats taking the piss.
The irony of a liverpool supporter lamenting thier lack of luck in the CL...

Over the Bar

Now if only Bellamy was still a Liverpool player and had the golf bag in the dressing room.... :P

GalwayBayBoy

WTF was he thinking? He's not even looking at the ball. He seems to be closely examining the Anfield earthworms.

Norf Tyrone

At last! After several games, and 90 odd minutes a wee bit of luck v the Scousers!

However if Chelsea play as poor as that in the second leg Liverpool have as good a chance as any, although I don't think Lpool were that much better. The clear cut chances went the home sides with Petr the Great oustanding.

Thought the ref was shocking, and every aerial tussle was a guess decision on his part. I thought- and I have to say as usual- Liverpool got most of the big decisions their way. Carragher's trip on Drogba? Ballack actually got the ball for the original free kick that Lpool got* for the goal, and Reina had his hands all round JT and the ref gave a free out!

Again Chelsea lacked cohesion. How did Malouda last 90 minutes? Why is Cole always the scapegoat? Drogba...for feck sake you're embarassing at times, and Ballack nor Lampard looked fit.

Best for the Blues...Ferreria, and Cech.

*However Lampard was shockingly at fault twice, as was Makalele for the goal.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 22, 2008, 10:15:06 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 22, 2008, 09:47:43 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on April 22, 2008, 09:14:10 PM
Jaysis Arbeola is brutal can't understand how Finian isn't playing. Is he injured?

Finnan's not playing cos he's brutal
Thats a odd thing to say and i couldn't disagree more as even if Finian isn't the player he was he is a far better player than Arbeola. Anyways thats another debate. As for tonight what a fuckin kick in the stones. Could and should have been 2 or 3 up. Torres was off form. Pity as he usually puts away some of the chances he got. I thought Carra was super and made two very important last minute tackles i wouldn't switch him with any other centre back in the world the man's a legend . If we play like that in the 2nd leg we have a chance but i fear our luck could have run out

:D :D :D :D

You are either riding Cara,having a laugh or a total spa...which is it LL

J70

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 22, 2008, 11:35:17 PM
Carragher's trip on Drogba? Ballack actually got the ball for the original free kick that Lpool got* for the goal, and Reina had his hands all round JT and the ref gave a free out!

Looked to me like Carragher got a very slight touch on the ball. Not much, granted, but enough to say he got the ball before the man.

The Reina-Terry one was harsh enough I thought. Terry was standing his ground, but whenever the keeper is touched going for the ball in the six-yard area, refs always give the free. Alonso cleared it off the line anyway, so it was hardly costly for Chelsea.

Apart from that one incident (or two if you're correct, I can't remember the Ballack one), I thought Liverpool had just as much to complain about in terms of not getting decisions.

Can anyone tell me how the linesman missed Ashley Cole taking down Kuyt right under his nose?

J70

Quote from: hardstation on April 22, 2008, 11:48:04 PM
Thon Terry - Reina one was kept out by a Chelsea player. The same happened to Fabregas in the quarter final. Was it Hleb who kept that out?

It was? I could've sworn it was cleared by Alonso! :-[

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on April 23, 2008, 12:03:26 AM
Nah, if you look again, a Chelsea boy stopped the shot and I reckon it was going wide. After that a Liverpool boy whacked it up the pitch.
You should seriously consider punditry.

Puckoon

Which wounds would those be? Champions league wounds? If so, then yes.

By the way - can you send me over a pair of those oxford brogues?

Goats Do Shave

Can't believe the Liverpool fans are giving out about the ref... I thought he was decent!?

Even Alan Greene  thought he was good (Apart from Terry not seeing yellow earlier!)

Liverpool were the better team last night, but they were always going to be at Anfield!!

Stamford Bridge has been a fortress, & I'd be very surprised to see Liverpool going to Moscow now!

Kalou made the difference for Chelsea, can't believe Malouda stayed on for the full game...

el_cuervo_fc

what a stinkin way to end the game last night.  Liverpool definitely deserved to come away with a win.  It will be tough in the next leg now.  When was the last time we scored at the bridge?  2004??

Edit:  The Terry incident:  drogba jumped out of the way, it might have taken a slight deflection, but Alonso stopped it on the line.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: J70 on April 22, 2008, 11:45:24 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 22, 2008, 11:35:17 PM
Carragher's trip on Drogba? Ballack actually got the ball for the original free kick that Lpool got* for the goal, and Reina had his hands all round JT and the ref gave a free out!

Looked to me like Carragher got a very slight touch on the ball. Not much, granted, but enough to say he got the ball before the man.

The Reina-Terry one was harsh enough I thought. Terry was standing his ground, but whenever the keeper is touched going for the ball in the six-yard area, refs always give the free. Alonso cleared it off the line anyway, so it was hardly costly for Chelsea.

Apart from that one incident (or two if you're correct, I can't remember the Ballack one), I thought Liverpool had just as much to complain about in terms of not getting decisions.

Can anyone tell me how the linesman missed Ashley Cole taking down Kuyt right under his nose?

If you watch the Reina/Terry one again, Terry stands his ground but Reina bear hugs him! I know that it was cleared etc etc. but it teas a penalty in my eyes!

The Cole/Kuyt incident was embarassingly poor!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Billys Boots

QuoteTerry stands his ground

The way I saw it, as a neutral, was that Terry was backing into Reina before the ball arrived.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...