The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: johnpower on April 12, 2008, 06:01:12 PM
What is the ticket situation for the blackburn game ?.I know some one who is looking for 2 for tomorrows game .What is the best place in Liverpool to get tickets for a game ?

Sad to say it, but if you don't know anyone then you are stuck with going to touts. If you have nerves of steel, wait until five minutes before kick off and offer face value - they'll be desperate to make any money at that stage (and they've probably paid below face value anyway). Always worked for me when I was living in Liverpool - well, on the two occasions I did it - but that was because I knew I could go to the comforts of home rather than slumming it in an empty Albert while the match took place a hundred yards away

stevo-08

What is the ticket situation for the blackburn game ?.I know some one who is looking for 2 for tomorrows game .What is the best place in Liverpool to get tickets for a game ?

A few us went to the united game in december. 2 lads had no tickets. They went up to the ticket desk, at back of kop I think. The guy was able to print out a list of all the empty seats where people hadnt turned up. He had to wait 15-20mins into game but they re-issued a couple of new tickets for the guys and they got in. And better again, the tickets were for the kop end. And because the tickets had already been paid for, I dont think they had to hand over any money.

Maybe they were just lucky, but worth a shot if you're stuck..

johnpower

Quote from: deiseach on April 12, 2008, 08:26:20 PM

Sad to say it, but if you don't know anyone then you are stuck with going to touts. If you have nerves of steel, wait until five minutes before kick off and offer face value - they'll be desperate to make any money at that stage (and they've probably paid below face value anyway). Always worked for me when I was living in Liverpool - well, on the two occasions I did it - but that was because I knew I could go to the comforts of home rather than slumming it in an empty Albert while the match took place a hundred yards away

Thanks much appreciated

gawa316

Team for today:

Reina
Arbeloa
Carra
Skertal
Aurelio
Lucas
Alonso
Gerrard
Kuyt
Babel
Torres

anportmorforjfc

Liverpool 1-0 Blackburn
Blackburn give the ball away as they try to play out of defence and are fully punished. Steven Gerrard plays a one two with Lucas before nutmegging Chris Samba and driving into the box, deceiving Brad Friedel with his low finish.

anportmorforjfc

From the Bunker

Looks like Evertons slim hopes of 4th have diminished! With Everton Playing Chelski on Thursday and Liverpool playing Fulham, you could say it may be over next week! If Everton should get beat, there is a chance Benitez would rest alot of players for craven cottage.

ExiledGael

Dejavu!
Could have serious consequences for relegation again.

Minder

I thought Jamie Redknapp was a gutless bastard today on Sky Sports coverage, Gerrard blatantly took a dive and tried to con the ref into giving a penalty (he also did it in the second half), he left his leg in and instigated contact with Friedel. Fair fucks to Alan Smith on commentary he called it, but didnt call it a "dive", Ray Wilkins said at HT it was never a penalty but little Jamie said it was. He is too friendly with certain players (Lampard, Terry, Gerrard to name a few) and finds it impossible to give an opinion free from bias, so he shouldnt be there. It sickens my balls that certain big English players like Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard are free from criticism when they take a dive, they are described as "clever" but if Ronaldo, Drogba do it they are hauled over the coals.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

J70

Didn't see the whole game as I was concentrating on the Donegal match. I thought Torres should've had a penalty in the second half, but the one I saw from Gerrard looked like he was playing for it when he turned inside the defender. Excellent goal and assist from Gerrard though.

Skrtel was lucky enough to get away with a yellow I thought.

Good win overall though, as Blackburn are never easy.  Nice finish from Santa Cruz as well.

stew

Quote from: J70 on April 13, 2008, 08:51:11 PM
Didn't see the whole game as I was concentrating on the Donegal match. I thought Torres should've had a penalty in the second half, but the one I saw from Gerrard looked like he was playing for it when he turned inside the defender. Excellent goal and assist from Gerrard though.

Good win overall though, as Blackburn are never easy.  Nice finish from Santa Cruz as well.

Third in the league and semi finalists in the champions league, not a bad season for the pool. It's a pity they are going out in the semis though. I still cant believe they beat arsenal.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

From the Bunker

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2008, 11:10:51 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 13, 2008, 08:51:11 PM

Third in the league and semi finalists in the champions league, not a bad season for the pool. It's a pity they are going out in the semis though. I still cant believe they beat arsenal.

Liverpool will not finish 3rd. As for it being a great season, not much of an improvement in the league on last year (for Liverpool).

Manchester United 34 25 5 4 72 18 54 80
Chelsea 33 22 8 3 58 23 35 74
Arsenal 34 20 11 3 64 29 35 71
Liverpool 34 18 12 4 60 26 34 66

Manchester United 38 28 5 5 83 27 +56 89
Chelsea 38 24 11 3 64 24 +40 83
Liverpool 38 20 8 10 57 27 +30 68
Arsenal 38 19 11 8 63 35 +28 68

I do not know how you can not believe Liverpool beat Arsenal. The Gunners form has been terrible, 2 wins from 13, Liverpool over the same period have 10 wins from 13.

J70

Just saw the Gerrard dive over Friedel. Absolute disgrace, especially for someone who pontificated about the issue in his autobiography.

The sooner that they start to punish offenders after the games the better.

But I suppose Gerrard suffered in the end, as Samba clearly pushed him in the back later on in the game and the ref gave nothing.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2008, 12:17:55 AM
Should Skertal have walked??

Haven't had a chance to get a proper look at it since (I was only half-watching it), but he looked like he was last man to me.

J70

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2008, 12:30:46 AM
Yeah, he was definitely the last man but it happened a fair distance from the goal which is probably why the ref gave him a yellow. However, when I saw it first, I thought it was a definite red. The other defenders wouldn't have caught him.

I suppose that is how the ref interpreted it i.e. the other defenders would have time to close in on him.

Looked a red to me though.