The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Isn't that the station 'Statto' Angus Lougran works for? Remember him in Fantasy Football with his pyjamas at the breakfast counter? I think he commentates for them occasionally, so it's probably his baby.

Mentalman

Stato was indeed a commentator with them.

The passing stats are something to behold, or should a I say the difference between the sides.

At one point last night one of the Arsenal players, I think it was Cesc, missed a pass, not even in a dangerous position, and there was an audible gasp from the Gooners fans. I had to laugh, as that sums up the difference between these two sides - Liverpool fans gasp when the team put together a passing move, Arsenal fans gasp if one breaks down!
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

GalwayBayBoy

According to those stats Babel never made a bad pass all night. I remember one awful pass he hit crossfield that went out for a throw.

Plus it says Carragher never made a bad pass. He must have lost the ball a couple of times when he launched it downfield.

Gael Clichy made 24 bad passes? Hleb made 20? Fabregas 12?

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 03, 2008, 02:49:05 PM
Javier Mascherano v Arsenal
Fouls                  0   
Fouls Won           1   
Accurate Passes   28
Bad Passes         7   
Tackles              8

100% tackle success and 80% pass success isnt bad.

The boy will be a better Makelele than Makelele was.

derryexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 03, 2008, 03:33:13 PM
Isn't that the station 'Statto' Angus Lougran works for? Remember him in Fantasy Football with his pyjamas at the breakfast counter? I think he commentates for them occasionally, so it's probably his baby.

the same statto recently declared bankrupt from gambling debt... still works for the BBC on their racing coverage  :-\

AZOffaly

Sounds like them stats are dodgy if the quotes from the lads above are true. I remember that Babel crossfield ball towards Carragher in the 40 somethingth minute. It was bull  woegeous. It ended up in the second row of the crowd, about 20 yards behind where Carragher was. Or is there another stat for finding touch?

Actually even the goal came from Babel passing the ball to Flamini who was robbed by a block tackle from Gerrard.

Dinny Breen

Quotectually even the goal came from Babel passing the ball to Flamini who was robbed by a block tackle from Gerrard.

That wasn't Babel passing the ball, that was his first touch  ;D

Maybe speculative long balls or crosses don't count as a pass, the parameters would be interesting as the UEFA stats on screen had shown Babel have a 33% success rate with 4 passes...
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Like Kuyt. His second touch is a tackle.

Niall Quinn

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 03, 2008, 04:06:51 PM
a 33% success rate with 4 passes...

Well you could argue that he was successful with 33% of his unsuccessful passes!
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Hound

Quote from: derryexile on April 03, 2008, 03:41:46 PM

the same statto recently declared bankrupt from gambling debt... still works for the BBC on their racing coverage  :-\
Is that true?

There was one stage when he was supposedly up nearly 7 figures from gambling - although that was probably over 10 years ago

Mentalman

Quote from: Hound on April 03, 2008, 04:23:22 PM
Quote from: derryexile on April 03, 2008, 03:41:46 PM

Is that true?

There was one stage when he was supposedly up nearly 7 figures from gambling - although that was probably over 10 years ago

That's right, he used to make a big thing about high stake short odds betting, he was a professional gambler. Must have fallen into the trap of chasing his losses.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

J70

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 03, 2008, 02:31:25 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 03, 2008, 09:39:29 AM
Torres missing in action again against a top side, anonymous against the likes of United and Arsenal

O RLY??

But Inter aren't a big side... or at least they're not in the same class as Roma or AC Milan. ::)

And the Chelsea goal doesn't count, because it was early in the season and he caught them before they'd gotten properly into the swing of things. Merseyside derby doesn't count either, sure there's no pressure in a game like that for a Liverpool player. So given that he didn't score in the 3 1/2 games he's played against United and Arsenal this season, its obvious that Torres just can't do it against the big teams.

Goats Do Shave

You are too easily wound up!

It's obvious that this is similar goading to that of the Best Footballer on the planet received on this thread before the scouse game at Old Trafford.  ;)

nrico2006

I would hardly call Inter a great side, and fair dues his goal against Chelsea proves his pedigree when it comes to the big games.  I would hardly call Everton a top team, no matter how big a match its regarded as - he was anonymous against United in the 2 games, and also against Arsenal.  Fair enough if he didn't score, but to perform like he did shows him in a different light than that which Liverpool fans see him in when he scores against Derby!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

Ok, I was going to bite, but I'm not. Fair enough nrico. Whatever you think yourself.