The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new devil

Are you serious?..... liverpool are miles behind united,arsenal and chelsea....by the way which cup will be your priority this year  ;D ;D

Over the Bar

Liverpool for all their spending are still not much more than a team thats good at grinding out a 0-0.

EC Unique

I predict Liverpool will not finish in top four and thus fail to make CL qualification. Going on this years performance in it maybe all the better!!! :D  Rafa will get P45 this year.. They are miles off Utd Arsenal and Chelski.  Man City for CL next year ???

glens73

Liverpool will finish fourth probably, nobody else is good enough to finish above them.

As has been said, they are light years away from Arsenal & Man Ure. I think Benitez should be sacked personally, they are no better off than what they were a couple of years ago. He has brought in players like Voronin who had scored something like 6 goals in 20 Bundesliga games when he was signed last January, a distinctly average premiership player never mind him being at Liverpool.

Crouch should be in the team regularly, he looks much more dangerous than Kuyt or Voronin do.

Balboa

I dont think Crouch could play with Torres, Torres thrives on balls in behind the defence.

GalwayBayBoy

While I'm not too enthuasiastic about the form of the team right now it should be said that they are still unbeaten in the league and still in touch with the leaders despite Liverpool having by far and away the worst injury troubles of the top sides. Losing players like Agger, Alonso and Torres (and even Pennant to a lesser extent) right up the spine of the team has been a huge disruption. Torres is our best striker, Alonso is the playmaker and Agger is our only central defender who will bring the ball out of defence and pass it rather than lump it forward. I agree though that Crouch should really be getting more of a chance. After Torres he's the best striker we have but he seems to have been blacklisted by Benitez. He came on against Arsenal and Blackburn and done very well IMO. He should get a chance.

Our next few fixtures in the league are

Fulham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Reading (A)

We should be looking to win all those games and the injured players should be back for the last three of them as there is an international break after the Fulham game. If we're not taking 10 to 12 points from those games then we really will be struggling.

bingobus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 05, 2007, 12:45:23 PM
While I'm not too enthuasiastic about the form of the team right now it should be said that they are still unbeaten in the league and still in touch with the leaders despite Liverpool having by far and away the worst injury troubles of the top sides. Losing players like Agger, Alonso and Torres (and even Pennant to a lesser extent) right up the spine of the team has been a huge disruption. Torres is our best striker, Alonso is the playmaker and Agger is our only central defender who will bring the ball out of defence and pass it rather than lump it forward. I agree though that Crouch should really be getting more of a chance. After Torres he's the best striker we have but he seems to have been blacklisted by Benitez. He came on against Arsenal and Blackburn and done very well IMO. He should get a chance.

Our next few fixtures in the league are

Fulham (H)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Reading (A)

We should be looking to win all those games and the injured players should be back for the last three of them as there is an international break after the Fulham game. If we're not taking 10 to 12 points from those games then we really will be struggling.

12 points.

Over the Bar

Quote12 points.

Probably should take 12 points given the poor quality of the opposition but it's unlikely given liverpool's form.

gawa316

Team for Tonight:
                   Reina
   Finnan, Carra, Hyppia, Aurelio
Benayoun, Masch, Gerrard, Kewell
              Crouch, Kuyt

Aurelio and Kewell to fire in crosses all night for crouchy knock downs and let stevie do the rest

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: gawa316 on November 06, 2007, 03:16:17 PM
Team for Tonight:
                   Reina
              Crouch, Kuyt

I like the look of the side tonight, especially midfield, it is a lot more balanced than our previous games.  Benayoun & Kewell should give us much needed width and big crouchy definately deserves his start.  Pressure is on Kuyt to perform also as he has been poor in the last few games.

Is Riise injured or just dropped gawa?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Balboa

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on November 06, 2007, 03:20:35 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on November 06, 2007, 03:16:17 PM
Team for Tonight:
                   Reina
              Crouch, Kuyt

I like the look of the side tonight, especially midfield, it is a lot more balanced than our previous games.  Benayoun & Kewell should give us much needed width and big crouchy definately deserves his start.  Pressure is on Kuyt to perform also as he has been poor in the last few games.

Is Riise injured or just dropped gawa?

Going by some of his recent performances i would say he got the hook......

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Balboa on November 06, 2007, 03:24:40 PM
Going by some of his recent performances i would say he got the hook......

Would think so myself, he hasnt been playing well at all.  Maybe the fact that the world has seen his payslip has altered his performances  :D 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Stalin

I dont think thats the team, i think its just gawa's guess.

not 100% sure but i think voronin and crouch will start tonight.
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

gawa316

Yeah sorry just my guess at what it might be. Rafa probably has other ideas ???

Stalin

I really hope that there is some fluidity to the attacking tonight. I think that we can be good going forward, esp in must win European games such as tonight, when the tempo is much higher. In the EPL we seem to get it up quick to a front man, who holds it up, then knocks it back, allowing the opposition to filter behind the ball. Riiise used to be such an attacking outlet, what the hell has happened him? Remember the derby goal he scored a few seasons back, I want to see that Riise back!
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic