China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

One, one death wouldn't be acceptable (out of your control btw) but you're making stuff up about vaccines within three months, if companies can make tests kits for this virus they'll be busting their eye string to produce a vaccine, not available, minimum for a year (based on approvals) properly, providing it doesn't mutate, that's from a manager in Randox, they are working on it but nothing until they actually understand it.

Giving off to me won't stop it, I'm actively using the right procedures every day, my livelihood depends on it.

So again, how many deaths (in comparison to normal flu, which this isn't,this is far worse) in Ireland do we have? Predictions will be higher I'd assume
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

You can talk about measures all you want lads but the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...

Some **** gets tested for the Coronavirus travels to an away game and plays for his team all the while in contact with other people then that evening comes out and tells everyone he has the virus !!!

Yes it's a huge problem and yes we should do what we can to mitigate it but I think at this stage it's far too early to shut everything down let's see how this develops and take appropriate actions when needed rushing to shut the place down could do massive long term damage to people's jobs and livelihoods who may not even be affected by the virus

Itchy

Quote from: screenexile on March 08, 2020, 11:20:25 PM
You can talk about measures all you want lads but the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link...

Some **** gets tested for the Coronavirus travels to an away game and plays for his team all the while in contact with other people then that evening comes out and tells everyone he has the virus !!!

Yes it's a huge problem and yes we should do what we can to mitigate it but I think at this stage it's far too early to shut everything down let's see how this develops and take appropriate actions when needed rushing to shut the place down could do massive long term damage to people's jobs and livelihoods who may not even be affected by the virus

Dint have to shut everything down but we should stop flights to Itsly, we should postpone paddys day. These are no brainers.

BennyCake

Here, would you advise on whether a bottle of hand sanitizer is really needed?  I know soap and water is advised too but was thinking if you're out and about.

When to use it, and how often etc?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 08, 2020, 11:27:49 PM

Dint have to shut everything down but we should stop flights to Itsly, we should postpone paddys day. These are no brainers.

How many events has there been in Ireland since the first case in the north was diagnosed? And since we've known about the virus, how many flights/boats have been stopped going to Britain and beyond? None, postpone Paddy's day! f**k I've heard it now! Next you'll be stopping Mother's Day.

As for the sanitizer, unless it's 70% alcohol it's useless. And only useful if you use it correctly! We touch our face 30 times an hour! Try changing that routine
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 08, 2020, 11:37:46 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-japan-bar-crawl-spread-gamagori-a9384541.html?amp

Some people...

Seen a video of people spitting on buttons in a lift and sneezing on purpose in a lift, purposely  spreading the virus. Some People are cnuts

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 11:43:09 PM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/coronavirus-japan-bar-crawl-spread-gamagori-a9384541.html?amp

Some people...

Seen a video of people spitting on buttons in a lift and sneezing on purpose in a lift, purposely  spreading the virus. Some People are cnuts

This sort of thing happened in Singapore. The culprits probably regret their action since the police took their DNA off the buttons and arrested them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 11:36:53 PM

How many events has there been in Ireland since the first case in the north was diagnosed? And since we've known about the virus, how many flights/boats have been stopped going to Britain and beyond? None, postpone Paddy's day! f**k I've heard it now! Next you'll be stopping Mother's Day.

As for the sanitizer, unless it's 70% alcohol it's useless. And only useful if you use it correctly! We touch our face 30 times an hour! Try changing that routine

You are being incredibly contrary. Paddys day is bringing shit loads of visitors from god knows where, its the same logic as why soccer games and rugby games have been postponed already. Large gatherings are a huge risk for one infected person infecting 100s more. The hand washing etc is correct of course but you cannot force people to do that, you can only educate and appeal to their better nature. But sure people like you will probably say what the point washing my hands if someone sneezes in my face, so I wont bother. Mothers day, wise up ta f**k will ya.

Main Street

Quote from: armaghniac on March 08, 2020, 11:55:27 PM

Some people...

This sort of thing happened in Singapore. The culprits probably regret their action since the police took their DNA off the buttons and arrested them.
Where  is the evidence that the man in Aichi had malicious intent?
What evidence does a lynch mob need ::)

AFM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:37:33 PM
Quote from: trileacman on March 08, 2020, 10:30:15 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:13:26 PM
Im just asking. I haven't said this isn't real. The rates in Italy are frightening but also the facts show that in England alone 6500 people died last year of just flu. No other reason. When, and it will escalate, it's not in our control. I'll deal with it when it happens. You or I can only control what we can. Closing airports and countries won't happen

That's plainly wrong. We can quarantine, buy time, create a vaccine. Make and produce ventilators, prepare ICU units. Cancel large scale meetings of people.

Sitting with your hands folded saying "there's nothing we can do" is simply wrong.

Vaccines won't happen next week, and the other stuff you've mentioned won't happen either, incompetent governments worldwide have created this virus in the first place.

Economically it will cripple Ireland should we close the borders. Use common sense and we'll try and manage a uncontrollable situation. There will be deaths but .... as long as it's not me

Fixed that for ya.

AFM

Some people...

Takes one to know one I suppose.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on March 09, 2020, 12:00:44 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 11:36:53 PM

You are being incredibly contrary. Paddys day is bringing shit loads of visitors from god knows where, its the same logic as why soccer games and rugby games have been postponed already. Large gatherings are a huge risk for one infected person infecting 100s more. The hand washing etc is correct of course but you cannot force people to do that, you can only educate and appeal to their better nature. But sure people like you will probably say what the point washing my hands if someone sneezes in my face, so I wont bother. Mothers day, wise up ta f**k will ya.

People like me who work with the vulnerable in the health sector are constantly using proper procedures daily, long before this virus.

How many sports events have been postponed? Italy v Ireland and the NHL games went ahead yesterday all the PL and soccer divisions played to packed audiences, either they postpone all or none.

Let's see if they postpone the largest gathering of race goers on Tuesday. Mother's Day was a joke wally ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AFM on March 09, 2020, 07:30:46 AM

Some people...

What was your last name in here? Possibly medical/mental  issues  I'd say.

It's just a forum don't get too wound up, none of it is serious, your views won't change anything. Very aggressive as well, are you like that in real life?

AFM

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 09, 2020, 07:46:44 AM
Quote from: AFM on March 09, 2020, 07:30:46 AM

Some people...

What was your last name in here? Possibly medical/mental  issues  I'd say.

It's just a forum don't get too wound up, none of it is serious, your views won't change anything. Very aggressive as well, are you like that in real life?

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:35:28 PM
Just answer the question dickhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 09:42:35 PM

Still not answering? You trolled someone about the flu and now you're avoiding a simple question? You're a dick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 08, 2020, 10:27:18 PM

Just tell me, ya knob

::)