Gardening

Started by 118cmal, June 25, 2010, 02:59:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Can you move a clemitis from pot to ground now, first buds starting to bloom, it's a big pot

bogball88

I have the hypochlorite down on the yards and pvers. Rinse it off after a few hours or let it settle for a day?

redzone

Quote from: bogball88 on April 22, 2020, 03:09:19 PM
I have the hypochlorite down on the yards and pvers. Rinse it off after a few hours or let it settle for a day?
Best to wet the area first and then spray it on. Best to do it at night time and let it soak over night. Wash of next morning.

armaghniac

Quote from: redzone on April 22, 2020, 01:28:37 PM
If you are near a farmers field go and lift a few cow claps with shovel(they will be hardened up with the sun so easy lifted). Break them up and scatter them round the lawn. Use a rake every few days to pull the manue into a new spot. Works a treat 👌

So your advice is basically bullshit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

redzone

Quote from: armaghniac on April 22, 2020, 03:25:14 PM
Quote from: redzone on April 22, 2020, 01:28:37 PM
If you are near a farmers field go and lift a few cow claps with shovel(they will be hardened up with the sun so easy lifted). Break them up and scatter them round the lawn. Use a rake every few days to pull the manue into a new spot. Works a treat 👌

So your advice is basically bullshit.
U should have played along, could got a few gullible townies out

bogball88

Quote from: redzone on April 22, 2020, 03:18:05 PM
Best to wet the area first and then spray it on. Best to do it at night time and let it soak over night. Wash of next morning.
Power wash or hose off?

redzone

Quote from: bogball88 on April 22, 2020, 09:25:39 PM
Quote from: redzone on April 22, 2020, 03:18:05 PM
Power wash or hose off?
Hose is OK. If u new it was gonna rain during the night that would do as well. I find it works best when u soak the area well first with water.
Sometimes it might take 2 goes if it's dirty enough

bigfrank

I used washing powder on my pavers as recommended to me by a friend,worked a treat,good soaking of washer and then scatter the powder,light brush and hose off,worked a treat

LeoMc

Quote from: bigfrank on April 22, 2020, 10:53:13 PM
I used washing powder on my pavers as recommended to me by a friend,worked a treat,good soaking of washer and then scatter the powder,light brush and hose off,worked a treat
Seconded. Leaves a great smell round the yard too.

marty34

Quote from: LeoMc on April 23, 2020, 02:57:45 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on April 22, 2020, 10:53:13 PM
Seconded. Leaves a great smell round the yard too.

Any tips to clean tarmac and concrete?

Just standard powerwashing.

fearsiuil

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 22, 2020, 02:38:03 PM
Can you move a clemitis from pot to ground now, first buds starting to bloom, it's a big pot
Of course you can, plant a few inches deeper than it is in the pot. Put some stones or similar on ground above roots to keep cool. Don't let plant dry out over next 3 weeks or so. Make sure you are planting in suitable spot.

redzone

Tarmac I definitely wouldn't be using a power washer. U could blow a hole in it very easy. Even a concrete street I wouldn't use a power washer, I would use the hypochlorite. Scrub it with a yard brush if its really dirty when u have the acid down. Might take a few goes. U can get a great wee hand held sprayer,i think hozelock make them. 5 litres it holds. You have it then for spraying weeds
There is some power in some of them power washers and at the end of the day u want your concrete, paving or tarmac to last forever. A power washer will only weaken the top of it

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2020, 11:47:48 AM
Tarmac I definitely wouldn't be using a power washer. U could blow a hole in it very easy. Even a concrete street I wouldn't use a power washer, I would use the hypochlorite. Scrub it with a yard brush if its really dirty when u have the acid down. Might take a few goes. U can get a great wee hand held sprayer,i think hozelock make them. 5 litres it holds. You have it then for spraying weeds
There is some power in some of them power washers and at the end of the day u want your concrete, paving or tarmac to last forever. A power washer will only weaken the top of it
Just be careful with the concentration of the bleach mix. Water it down a bit more than on paving, it can break down the asphalt bond if too strong. I had a company in washing the render down on the house a while ago and he lowered the concentration and washed the SMA (stone mastic asphalt) too. Made a great job on it because with it being a bit more porous moss and algae grow well in it and power washing won't take it off anyway.

GJL

Quote from: redzone on April 24, 2020, 11:47:48 AM

I would agree with you on the tar but concrete should be fine for power hose. If the power hose damages the concrete then you have very poor concrete down that the frost will wreck anyway.

redzone

I'm not saying power washer will damage the concrete, just weaken it. It takes years for concrete to fully cure. I wouldnt be to trusting on the amount of cement that goes into some of the mixes either.