Barcelona

Started by Captain Scarlet, August 09, 2022, 03:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

Apologies if there is a La Liga thread from back in the day...but how in the name of Jaysus do Barca think what they are doing is OK? And their fans are attacking anyone writing or talking about the shitshow.

I'll nail my colours to the mast here and say I always hatred them, even when they were at their peak. Messi raking it in and not paying tax, Mes Que Un Club BS too!

What is the worst is how they are allowing certain players become open targets for fans and their fanatic media. Lads who are owed money and taken wage cuts getting dogs abuse.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

BrotherMore6592

It's like an episode of Narcos except in footballing terms

Cut from the same cloth as the Mexican cartels those spaniards , Laporta et al

shark

One of the big problems with the political systems that most democratic countries have is that the decision makers are incentivised to make short term decisions , and receive no thanks for long term vision. Barca have this system. They are selling off tomorrow in order to try and be competitive today. They can't accept that all successful sports team go through periods where they are not winning. Without having the inside track, it does seem like they are treating De Jong terribly.

nrico2006

Surely there would have to be some sort of retribution against them for their treatment of players regarding wages etc.  Plus, I see Bordeaux were relegated due to finances yet Barcelona still owe them a fair bit of money for a transfer a few years back.  Madness selling so much of their TV rights too, fair enough they are worth a fair chunk now but imagine what that they are missing out on in years to come with the percentage they have gave away.  Laporta is a bit of an ego maniac too, read a good article a few weeks back that was interesting on how he views things.  He has said that he doesn't want to be seen in the future as someone who steadied the ship or laid the foundations for the future, but that he wants to be the knight in shining armour who turns it all around.  It seems that basically he is putting all his eggs into one basket and gambling the lot on the next season.  The article can be found at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62258788

Another thing about La Liga in general, it's mad that when one of their big two doesn't get their own way that the actual league gets involved, it would be a bit like United getting shafted and then the FA reacting like a child about it - why would they care?  The most recent thing is La Liga suing PSG over Mbappe - imagine, suing a club for paying their own player.  Hypocrites.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gawa316

So are they going to be able to register all these new players for the start of the season?

nrico2006

Quote from: gawa316 on August 10, 2022, 06:21:16 PM
So are they going to be able to register all these new players for the start of the season?

Apparently the new signings haven't been registered and they are still pushing for Bernardo Silva too.  I'm sure they will be helped in whatever way they need to be.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

CiKe

Quote from: BrotherMore6592 on August 09, 2022, 07:33:02 PM
It's like an episode of Narcos except in footballing terms

Cut from the same cloth as the Mexican cartels those spaniards , Laporta et al

Now now, a lot of those Barca supporters wouldn't take kindly to having you call them Spaniards...and a lot of Spaniards wouldn't take kindly to being lumped in with Barca fans!

Not followed it closely but De Jong certainly seems to be wronged, hard to blame it at all if they negotiated and signed a shitty contract in the first place and then could only "delay" rather than reduce payment when no-one else in their right mind would have paid him anywhere close to what he was getting.

Salaries of most of the team, absolutely ridiculous.