NFL Div 3

Started by Catch and Kick, January 16, 2019, 10:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LooseCannon

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on March 30, 2019, 09:15:04 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 25, 2019, 12:31:13 PM
Ok. Here it goes again. I hope to be in Drogheda on Sunday - if only to prove that we are not as bad (even without the Mullinalaghta boys) as we were against Westmeath in O'Byrne Cup.

I think survival in Div 3 is the best we can hope for as we could be missing the Mullinalaghtas well into the campaign.

My predictions

Promoted

Westmeath and Laois

No Change
Longford, Down, Offaly, Louth,

Relegated
Carlow and Sligo

Anyone want Lotto numbers?
Euromillions, if you have them handy.

From the Bunker

Well done Westmeath!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: LooseCannon on March 24, 2019, 10:08:38 PM
An individual involved with Carlow is said to have done something disgusting after their clash against Leix today.

I see they were up to other antics in the Down game too. No smoke without fire.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Croí na hÉireann

Great result after a decent performance Saturday, nice to have another trophy for the cabinet, we'll have to invest in another one at this rate. We were very slow out of the blocks, didn't score until the 17th minute and some of our balls inside were very poorly executed. We managed the black cards very well though and upped our work rate for them 20 minutes. When we got back to 15 for the last 15 minutes we were operating at a higher level and our work rate got us home. Passed up a host of chances as well though so loads to work on still. Nice touch with the t-shirts at the end and good speech from the Bear to reference Lee Wallace. We've it all to do now to beat Laois for the third time now in 7 weeks so all thoughts turned towards that now. They missed a host of frees and chances as well so expect to see improved performances from both teams in O'Connor Park.

An Iarmhí Abú

Gmac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 25, 2019, 12:31:13 PM
Ok. Here it goes again. I hope to be in Drogheda on Sunday - if only to prove that we are not as bad (even without the Mullinalaghta boys) as we were against Westmeath in O'Byrne Cup.

I think survival in Div 3 is the best we can hope for as we could be missing the Mullinalaghtas well into the campaign.

My predictions

Promoted

Westmeath and Laois

No Change
Longford, Down, Offaly, Louth,

Relegated
Carlow and Sligo
excellent prediction

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2019, 12:21:23 PM
Great result after a decent performance Saturday, nice to have another trophy for the cabinet, we'll have to invest in another one at this rate. We were very slow out of the blocks, didn't score until the 17th minute and some of our balls inside were very poorly executed. We managed the black cards very well though and upped our work rate for them 20 minutes. When we got back to 15 for the last 15 minutes we were operating at a higher level and our work rate got us home. Passed up a host of chances as well though so loads to work on still. Nice touch with the t-shirts at the end and good speech from the Bear to reference Lee Wallace. We've it all to do now to beat Laois for the third time now in 7 weeks so all thoughts turned towards that now. They missed a host of frees and chances as well so expect to see improved performances from both teams in O'Connor Park.

An Iarmhí Abú

Congrats to Westmeath. Not a bad team ye have assembled there. Play good football.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 08, 2019, 05:42:20 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 08, 2019, 12:21:23 PM

An Iarmhí Abú

Congrats to Westmeath. Not a bad team ye have assembled there. Play good football.

That's generous from a Longford man  ;)

Some very good footballers, particularly in the forwards. Sam Duncan has made a big step up to midfield this year, which in turn has released Ger Egan into the forwards. He's thriving up there and was the top scorer in all the league divisions. Keeping Heslin off the frees too. We prefer to play open football but have got 13 behind the ball when playing the likes of Carlow and Down. Pity the squad isn't that bit stronger, having the likes of Holloway, Sharry and the Connellans would make a difference.

Taylor

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 02, 2019, 04:09:49 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on March 24, 2019, 10:08:38 PM
An individual involved with Carlow is said to have done something disgusting after their clash against Leix today.

I see they were up to other antics in the Down game too. No smoke without fire.

20 weeks for Turlough for his antics  ???

bamboo

Carlow boys got big bans after incident at the end of the Down match. Are there charges to be brought from incident at the end of the Laois game too or was that just rumours?

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: bamboo on April 09, 2019, 04:29:46 PM
Carlow boys got big bans after incident at the end of the Down match. Are there charges to be brought from incident at the end of the Laois game too or was that just rumours?

The 20 weeks should be doubled for crimes against football in general.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 09, 2019, 06:16:05 PM
Quote from: bamboo on April 09, 2019, 04:29:46 PM

The 20 weeks should be doubled for crimes against football in general.

Hopefully includes media, pain in my hole listening to Turlough 'Chip on his shoulder' O'Brien.
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

I presume the love affair with Carlow is now well and truly ended
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Unlaoised

Quote from: Rossfan on April 10, 2019, 09:34:37 AM

It was never there once Poacher came to the fore last year.....

~IF you were at the Kildare v carlow or any of the 3 laois games like i was last year then the Carlow love affair thing was never a goer ...A horrible nasty piece of stuff is Poacher!
LAOIS ABÚ

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:11:11 PM

~IF you were at the Kildare v carlow or any of the 3 laois games like i was last year then the Carlow love affair thing was never a goer ...A horrible nasty piece of stuff is Poacher!

Amen brother.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dire Ear

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 16, 2019, 01:00:32 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on April 16, 2019, 12:11:11 PM

Amen brother.
Absolutley, terrible manners has Mr Poacher