Walsh Cup 2020

Started by burdizzo, November 08, 2019, 11:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy Bruce

I just realized there's a match this Sunday! (Still seems strange for early December.)

Any more news on who's in and who's out?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on December 04, 2019, 03:02:34 AM
I just realized there's a match this Sunday! (Still seems strange for early December.)

tough game in parnell park, are the rathdowney/eirll contingent back as yet after their leinster run?

Neutralobserver

Brandon

Why did cha and conroy opt out ? And more to come ? Why is this happening ?

burdizzo

It's a massive commitment, I suppose, and some lads like Cha and Picky have been on the treadmill a good while.
Great to see James Ryan back in, though. Any word on Leigh Bergin? Had heard he was back, too - but he's not starting tomorrow.
Very experimental team named, only 6 of the "championship" team from the summer. In a way, I'm surprised any of the Rathdowney lads are starting.

Mossy Bruce

I just looked at the CLG Laois Twitter feed to see how the match went. Looks like the lads played a great game. Was the Carlow side mostly new lads or veteran county hurlers?

I saw that Aaron Dunphy was injured. Any info on how he is doing?

I saw that Ronan Murray was the first to rattle the net. I'm not familiar with that name. What club is he from?
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

Mossy Bruce

LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

seafoid

Quote from: Mossy Bruce on December 04, 2019, 03:02:34 AM

The idea of this pre season tournament is to broaden the panel for later in the year to consolidate the progress of Laois.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

G@@

Laois V Westmeath in Borris at 2pm this Sunday I read online.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

Laois 1-12 v 2-17 Westmeath

A very experimental Laois side with just four of the JMD Final players on field compared to Westmeath's twelve. Broderick was good for Laois and thought Eoin Gaughan was decent, though he missed a sitter of a free.

Laois seemed to get very bottled up in their short-passing game and didn't exhert enough pressure on Westmeath's half back line who were immense in clearing ball after ball.

Alot to work on and with the league around three weeks away we've alot of improving to do.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: G@@ on January 05, 2020, 04:23:13 PM
Laois 1-12 v 2-17 Westmeath

A very experimental Laois side with just four of the JMD Final players on field compared to Westmeath's twelve...
Thanks for your commentary G@@. I didn't get up early (5:30 am here) to listen to this one--going to wait until the League matches to start that.

I was wondering how many intercounty veterans we had on the pitch compared to Westmeath. If the ratio was 1:3 I don't feel too bad about the outcome. I was glad to see there was a new goalie getting some play time, just in case Enda Rowland has to be subbed (god forbid) for any amount of time this coming year.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

burdizzo

We ended up, in the second half, with none of our "good lads" on. Westmeath's touch was much better than ours - as was their physicality. On that point, Ciaran McEvoy and James Ryan, when they get up to speed, should be good additions, but I also thought that Alan Connolly showed pretty well in at corner back. Eoin Gaughan has a decent strike and offered a bit and - as G@@ said - Broderick did well in the forwards for a smallish lad. But, yes, a bit to be done all right.

G@@

Here was the team from yesterday:

G@@

Dublin in Dublin on Thursday evening at 7.30pm. Can't imagine there will many get to go to that next fixture, though might suit a few who are working and renting accommodation there.