The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

I take it that minor is still u-18 at county level next year?

Helix

As far as I know the motion to change minor from u18 to u17 will take place in 2018 at intercounty level.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

redsetanta

Why the delay, what's stopping this happening next year seeing as most counties have club u17 games this year?

On the hurling post, if there is supposed to be outside investment for the football appointment is it not time that there was a similar arrangement for the hurling post? Surely there are enough people with vested interest to put some money into the set up. What about an umbrella group something like 'Friends of Laois hurling' who would raise funds etc.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

finbar o tool

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/jim-gavin-urges-rivals-to-demand-funding-from-croke-park-380586.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/dublin-claiming-the-bulk-of-gaa-s-development-funds-1.2091641

http://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/gaa/when-it-comes-to-financial-clout-dublin-are-in-whole-different-league-35065255.html

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/o-fearghail-agrees-dubs-funding-needs-review-380186.html

Have a read of these articles, and tell me we shouldnt be doing more to get extra funding from GAA HQ. Tell me we shouldnt be fighting tooth and nail, and getting other 'smaller' counties to come together and take a stand for equal, or at least, a fairer funding/support setup. Dublin has received more funding than the other 31 counties combined for the last few years. Its a disgrace and everyone just sits back and accepts it! Theres loads of other articles too! Our county board are useless and spineless.
An amateur requires a personal commitment that money cannot buy

Don Draper

That they are. That they are.

Cheddar and Zoom went with plans, and were told to f**k off by Croke Park. Croke Park dont give a f**k. Accept it, and find another way. Stop bitching and start doing. That road is closed. Find another, or lie down and die.

finbar o tool

Cheddar was told to f**k off by our own county board!!

Wise council though, accept the blatant inequalities etc and just beg other people for money...  ::)

Don Draper

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 11:53:59 AM
Cheddar was told to f**k off by our own county board!!

Wise council though, accept the blatant inequalities etc and just beg other people for money...  ::)
He was told to f**k off my you plenty of times on here too.

finbar o tool

finbar o tool

In fact dont bother, thanks for highlighting the obvious, i didnt want Cheddar to continue as senior hurling manager. But whatever he looked for from the county board would have only been for the good of Laois hurling, we all know enough about the man to know that. But the county board didnt want to know about it obviously. Id love to know the details.

Unlaoised

I hear the next man in will be another Laois man!
LAOIS ABÚ

burdizzo

They have someone already? Janey.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 02:16:08 PM
In fact dont bother, thanks for highlighting the obvious, i didnt want Cheddar to continue as senior hurling manager. But whatever he looked for from the county board would have only been for the good of Laois hurling, we all know enough about the man to know that. But the county board didnt want to know about it obviously. Id love to know the details.

Have you any other solutions other than the "Bang the door of Croke Park down"?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

finbar o tool

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 28, 2016, 07:17:51 PM

Yes, have a read back through the thread. Have you??
It just does my head in that there is such an unfair allocation of funding from the GAA and no one questions it. Smaller counties are second class citizens in the GAA world and its simply not right and not good enough. And at the end of the day, we all know this amateur sport is being driven by money.
We need more full time coaching development officers, going to clubs and going to schools. Going to other counties like Kilkeny or clare or waterford etc to see what structures are in place. We need to be pushing ahead trying to encourage and support more people to get involved in coaching, we need better facilities and equipment at every club. And a lot of this of course, costs money!! And i personally cant go and get it or set up better structures and support networks, but the county board can at least try! Highlighting their failures on here in the hope more people think the same and at county board meetings or club meetings that this is requested. Ask them what are they doing about any of the above? Or is there any plan to do anything? I want the best for Laois hurling, same as anyone else here. Just trying to work out how we can get it. But unfortunately we DO need money, and we aint gona get it unless we go looking and fighting for it. Were going no where fast at the moment.

Helix

Any names mentioned for senior post or too early to say?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Keyser Söze

Quote from: finbar o tool on September 28, 2016, 09:13:00 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 28, 2016, 07:17:51 PM

Yes, have a read back through the thread. Have you??
It just does my head in that there is such an unfair allocation of funding from the GAA and no one questions it. Smaller counties are second class citizens in the GAA world and its simply not right and not good enough. And at the end of the day, we all know this amateur sport is being driven by money.
We need more full time coaching development officers, going to clubs and going to schools. Going to other counties like Kilkeny or clare or waterford etc to see what structures are in place. We need to be pushing ahead trying to encourage and support more people to get involved in coaching, we need better facilities and equipment at every club. And a lot of this of course, costs money!! And i personally cant go and get it or set up better structures and support networks, but the county board can at least try! Highlighting their failures on here in the hope more people think the same and at county board meetings or club meetings that this is requested. Ask them what are they doing about any of the above? Or is there any plan to do anything? I want the best for Laois hurling, same as anyone else here. Just trying to work out how we can get it. But unfortunately we DO need money, and we aint gona get it unless we go looking and fighting for it. Were going no where fast at the moment.

So its more money, more coaches, better facilities, more equipment?
Structures and support networks are nice buzz words- very general though.

For someone who was so keen to see the back of Mr. Plunkett I'd have thought there was something more concrete going to come.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......