The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 26, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
What was the starting price on Kauto? I assume the bookies got tanked off the back of his race!

Started at 10/11. Ladbrokes were offering 6/4 this morning. McCririck on channel 4 was going on about the trouble they must be in now. I'm sure they'll survive though.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Treasurer

Fair play to Harchibald - made a good day of it.

the milkman

To make amends for my previous tip.....

Drumalee lass in the 3.30 at southwell

do him e/w

thank me later

Lecale2

Wee bit of money for it. Backed in from 25/1 to 14s.

Treasurer

Bad day. Only Realt Dubh saved it from being a REALLY bad day.

Our Nail Loney

Ruby with the first two faves at Leopardstown today

Kempes 6/4
Ross Accord 11/2

That Ross Accord was a gamble in November at Down Royal the day I was there I think...

Ruby followers, hes on Drumconvis 6/1, Beau Michel 9/1, Neptune Collonges 11/10, Mulach Na Si 10/1

Following on about last time I was at the Maze, Nina was unlucky that day in the bumper on Roches Point, its out in the bumper today and I think will go very well...

Might do Neptune and Roches Point double...

Our Nail Loney

Another of my favourite horses, Catch Me, out today, pity there isn't a championship 2 and a half mile race at Cheltenham as it would be his for the taking. Steps up to 3miles today, interesting to see how it goes with a view to the World Hurdle...

TacadoirArdMhacha

Neptune fell when well placed in the Lexus. Had led the whole way. Snookered my only bet of the day. Exotic dancer went on to win fairly handily.

Catch me won for ONL by a head and after a steward's inquiry. Trainer wasn't overly impressed though and even suggested he mightn't go to Cheltenham. Definetely not as impressive as Punchestowns last week looking towards the World Hurdle.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sublimity won the December hurdle there today,with Sizing Europe well behind in 4th after fading from the second last. Hard to know what impact the injury on Sunday had on Sizing Europe.

They were saying on RTE there that its 10/1 the field for the Champion Hurdle, bar Binocular of course. Punjabi might be the best each way bet - 16s with William Hill.

Clown

does no one else agree with me that sizing europe is well over rated after one good win in a big hurdle race last january at leopardstown?

cudnt believe it went off favourite for the champion hurdle last year

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on December 29, 2008, 02:11:52 PM
Sublimity won the December hurdle there today,with Sizing Europe well behind in 4th after fading from the second last. Hard to know what impact the injury on Sunday had on Sizing Europe.

They were saying on RTE there that its 10/1 the field for the Champion Hurdle, bar Binocular of course. Punjabi might be the best each way bet - 16s with William Hill.

Backed Sublimity last year, might do so again.

I will be laying Binocular I think. All Binoculars wins have came on flat speed tracks, Cheltenham is just hill after hill after hill!! And Binocular was beaten last year by Capt Cee Bee in the Supreme Novices there.

longball

any tips for 2day papa needs a new pair of shoes
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

winsamsoon

(11)    River Kirov

S Drowne
M Wigham
121324  5
9-1    SP

Not sure of the price lads but he won't be the fav . Last day he was unlucky in running and he is running decent enough. Have a small wager on it @ 2pm  in Lingfield.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Mickey Linden

Is there any good racing on tomorrow lads?

Clown

cheltenham has a good meeting on tomorrow but it is in doubt cos of frost
2 meetings of in the UK today, was looking forward to a few bets to get some beer money for tonite