Willie Frazer and FAIR

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, March 08, 2010, 12:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

See he made the front page of the Irish News today . . . what a complete Clown! How is this man still in the public eye??!! Looks like the School are taking legal advice and fair play to them I hope they nail him!

Even if the school did have a tricolour hanging how in under god does that make it a SF/IRA training camp and how can he be allowed to get away with saying that?!

EC Unique

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2012, 10:02:04 AM
See he made the front page of the Irish News today . . . what a complete Clown! How is this man still in the public eye??!! Looks like the School are taking legal advice and fair play to them I hope they nail him!

Even if the school did have a tricolour hanging how in under god does that make it a SF/IRA training camp and how can he be allowed to get away with saying that?!

I think he gets a fools pardon far too often. Courts should act now to put this wee piece of dog dirt in his box.

deiseach

Quote from: screenexile on May 17, 2012, 10:02:04 AM

It was a tricolour . . . the Italian one.

QuoteSchool 'IRA youth' HQ in flags mix-up

A victims campaigner has labelled a Co Tyrone primary school an IRA training ground, over a mix up in flags.

Willie Frazer hit out at St Patrick's Primary in Donaghmore on Facebook, where he posted a picture of the school flying the flags of Poland, Turkey and Italy.

It is believed that Mr Frazer mistook the red in the Italian flag for orange, the Irish flag and commented "This is a school in Tyrone flying the Irish flag on the school grounds why".

The 51-year-old founder of Families Acting for Innocent Relatives also said the school was "the junior headquarters of SF/IRA youth, or it may as well be".

The school was flying the flags as part of a European project, during which 11 teachers from the countries visited the school.

I wounder do they also train the children in how to use weapons, for it seems they can do what they wont. [sic]

St Patrick's Principal Dera Calahane said she was "shocked to read how vindictive and inciteful the comments were".

"The comments made are inaccurate. The three flags on display were the Italian, Polish and Turkish National flags. These were flying as part of the welcome to our Comenius Partner Schools who were visiting at the time.

"It appears some individual has mistaken the Italian flag for the Irish flag. The school is currently taking legal advice and are bringing the matter to the PSNI."

Mrs Calahane added that although the visiting teachers were not aware of the incident, she fears they could find out.

"I would hate to think that the school's relationship would be damaged," she added.

The flags have since been taken down by the school and the pictures have been removed from Facebook.

A police spokesperson said they have spoken to those involved "in an attempt to resolve what appears to have been a misunderstanding regarding the flying of flags at the school".

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on May 17, 2012, 10:23:50 AM
The incitred to hatred charge if there is such a thing is apt here.  He reminds me of the anti gay religious sect who would picket the funerals of dead us soldiers.  I would like to hear more reaction to his behaviour by politicans accross the board.  The current education minister must stand up and be counted on this one. No ambiguity - a nice quick cut.

I think that cut has already happened hasn't it ?? Where it hurts - his pocket - no more big grants - gravy train has stopped for good. That's worse punishment than being brought before a court. He'd get publicity that road.

Hardy

nifan

he should be ignored - politicians talking about him is what he wants.

Feckitt

You will never hear a unionist politician saying a bad word against him, despite the fact that all right thinking people realise he is a hateful bigot.  The Irish News did not repeat any of the racist comments on his facebook site which were aimed against turks and poles.

NAG1

This couldnt have worked out any better in fairness, first off take away all his funding then let him take away himself what ever little bit of dignity he had left.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on May 17, 2012, 11:38:16 AM
"Inciteful"?

Incorrect indeed, though sounds better than 'incitant'.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tbrick18

Inciting hatred I think is the term to use.
You hear this term used if someone talk about Muslims in a derogatory way, for example.
He's a complete and total Bigot....deserves to be dealt with according to the full rigours of the law IMO.
A good slap wouldn't do him any harm either  ;)

Maguire01

Heard him on Evening Extra... unbelievable. He was sorry for the mistake, but not sorry for raising the issue. Even though there was no issue.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Wee Willie w**ker and the Hyperventilate Factory.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

fitzroyalty

I took a nosy at his Facebook page - you'd think a child was behind it.

EC Unique

Seems the cancer has spread to his brain. :o

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 17, 2012, 06:27:05 PM
Heard him on Evening Extra... unbelievable. He was sorry for the mistake, but not sorry for raising the issue. Even though there was no issue.

Those pesky Italians.