Sam Maguire Group 2 - Galway, Armagh, Tyrone, Westmeath

Started by GAABoardMod5, May 23, 2023, 08:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 18, 2023, 06:00:36 PM
Any truth to the rumour Armagh have requested Croke Park to be available as home venue for their quarter final?
Played out kid, plus all QF venues (proper) TBD by HQ, so 2 X double headers at Croke Park are 100% cert. Home advantage is for preliminary QF.

markl121

Quote from: bennydorano on June 18, 2023, 06:13:29 PM
Any truth to the rumour Armagh have requested Croke Park to be available as home venue for their quarter final?
Played out kid, plus all QF venues (proper) TBD by HQ, so 2 X double headers at Croke Park are 100% cert. Home advantage is for preliminary QF.
pretty sure the quarters are at the county grounds? Heard earlier derry will be at home in their QF I thought

bennydorano

Quote from: markl121 on June 18, 2023, 06:22:14 PM
pretty sure the quarters are at the county grounds? Heard earlier derry will be at home in their QF I thought
Venues

Venues for the All-Ireland Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals and Final shall be determined by the Central Competitions Control Committee.

yellowcard

Armagh straight into a quarter final and will now avoid Dublin, Kerry and probably Galway I presume. Which is a huge reward for Walsh missing that last free kick and Tyrone messing up against Westmeath. But fully merited on that display today and it could be a big turning point of our season. All the experienced players stood up today with Forker and Grugan rolling back the years whilst Soupy and Murnin made very important contributions as well. Turbitt plays much better when Rian doesn't play which I don't think is a coincidence. Our midfield were getting cleaned out in the first half and whilst Mackin and Crealey mightn't be the most naturally talented pairing about, they really stood up in that second half with very brave dogged displays.   

93-DY-SAM

Ah jesus lad. Bit of craic.

David McKeown

Quote from: clarshack on June 18, 2023, 05:46:37 PM
Armagh win the group and they are rubbish.

Armagh the only team in that group to win against 15 men and they did it twice. No one else did it all. So deserved if lucky Group win
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

tonto1888

Doesn't say much for the other 3 teams then

Captain Obvious

Enjoyable trip to Carrick on Shannon for all Armagh supporters. Revenge for last year defeat the daftness of a penalty shoot out. Lucky Tyrone avoid an early exit but the draw allows Armagh finish top and the final league table does not lie.

seafoid

Because of the rules. Which are arbitrary.
Good luck to Armagh.

seafoid

Quote from: David McKeown on June 18, 2023, 06:32:51 PM

Armagh the only team in that group to win against 15 men and they did it twice. No one else did it all. So deserved if lucky Group win
The professional foul at the end was poor form.

thewobbler

I doubt even Croke Park is big enough to house all the Armagh fans after that. Maybe play it in Phoenix Park.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on June 18, 2023, 06:46:56 PM
I doubt even Croke Park is big enough to house all the Armagh fans after that. Maybe play it in Phoenix Park.

Down might play in the warm up game before us in the 1/4 finals.....

Might head to CP, can't bate a bandwagon

yellowcard

Looking at the highlights and Westmeath really bottled that 13 metre free kick at the death to knock Tyrone out.

gallsman

Anyone claiming Murnin wasn't fouled is talking through their holes. He was exhausted and going nowhere and the defender decided to slap the arm around him from the back anyway.

Rather than Murnin or McQuillan (who tried his level best to get Galway an equaliser) turn your ire on Cooke who decided to play the completely unnecessary ball in the first place or the defender who let it hop over him for Murnin to run onto.

bennydorano

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 18, 2023, 06:48:25 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on June 18, 2023, 06:46:56 PM

Down might play in the warm up game before us in the 1/4 finals.....

Might head to CP, can't bate a bandwagon
Premium level I hope. Need the prawn sambos.