Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: snoopdog on October 18, 2022, 06:34:19 AM
Woolly would stir the pot

Wooly, Ewan MacKenna, Dunphy.

I'd watch that show.

imtommygunn

He's stirring plenty today I notice on  that Meath game. I dunno much about those two Meath teams but that team in white looked horrendous. All kicked off after one of their played seemed to feign a strike on the face.

Also I wouldn't in a million years watch a show with those 3 boys. McKenna is toxic. The other two aren't that bad but McKenna shouldn't be let near anything professional.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on October 18, 2022, 09:09:38 AM
RTE could learn a lot from the modern day podcasts, and try to totally revamp the show with something more interactive and with free flowing conversation rather than stale, rehearsed commentary on games.  Plus Des has a point, too many games to fit into one show.  If you want to do the games justice, there probably needs to be a second midweek show of some sort.  Would love to see a Wed or Thurs night preview show of the upcoming weekend games.

They need at least one midweek show, perhaps one to show longer segments of games and one preview magazine type programme. Half the stuff on RTÉ is repeats, this is novel content that they own the rights to, why do they not use it?

Edit: Des on Newstalk with Pat Kenny now. He said that they did not have the rights to show games during the week, only Sunday night. The GAA need to look at this. They should encourage more coverage, for instance when UTV had a programme they couldn't proceed for lack of rights, the GAA should have encouraged them not stopped them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on October 18, 2022, 11:07:59 AM
RTE could learn a lot from the modern day podcasts, and try to totally revamp the show with something more interactive and with free flowing conversation rather than stale, rehearsed commentary on games.  Plus Des has a point, too many games to fit into one show.  If you want to do the games justice, there probably needs to be a second midweek show of some sort.  Would love to see a Wed or Thurs night preview show of the upcoming weekend games.

They need at least one midweek show, perhaps one to show longer segments of games and one preview magazine type programme. Half the stuff on RTÉ is repeats, this is novel content that they own the rights to, why do they not use it?
Yeah I think rte are seriously missing a trick with this. Surely you'd get more viewers for a well run preview and highlights show every week than the usual rerun shite you have now.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2022, 11:07:12 AM
He's stirring plenty today I notice on  that Meath game. I dunno much about those two Meath teams but that team in white looked horrendous. All kicked off after one of their played seemed to feign a strike on the face.

Also I wouldn't in a million years watch a show with those 3 boys. McKenna is toxic. The other two aren't that bad but McKenna shouldn't be let near anything professional.

It would only last a week so you'd probably stick it out for that length of time.

rosnarun

Edit: Des on Newstalk with Pat Kenny now. He said that they did not have the rights to show games during the week, only Sunday night. The GAA need to look at this. They should encourage more coverage, for instance when UTV had a programme they couldn't proceed for lack of rights, the GAA should have encouraged them not stopped them.

did he say why or who has the rights
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Joe Molloy is excellent on OTB
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Captain Obvious

From the Bunker

Quote from: rosnarun on October 18, 2022, 02:50:39 PM

did he say why or who has the rights

You'd presume TG4 - GAA Beo

From the Bunker

It's great to see all these old fogies gone. The Sunday Game has been stale for two decades at least.

seafoid

Jackie Hurley really wanted the TSG job that Cantwell got. Now she does the rubby.
I think it would be better to get someone from outside RTE.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 18, 2022, 11:24:49 PM
It's great to see all these old fogies gone. The Sunday Game has been stale for two decades at least.
It was great when Spillane was running the show aound 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR_Idiso-Y&t=81s

sensethetone

Quote from: seafoid on October 19, 2022, 08:35:07 AM
It was great when Spillane was running the show aound 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR_Idiso-Y&t=81s

When he qualified himself to discuss the Hurling was my highlight.

yellowcard

I have no problem with the old fogies going but the problem is they are replacing them with boring robots. Its often not the pundits own fault though as they are constrained by what they are allowed to say without veering off script.   

Armagh18

Quote from: yellowcard on October 19, 2022, 11:49:27 AM

I have no problem with the old fogies going but the problem is they are replacing them with boring robots. Its often not the pundits own fault though as they are constrained by what they are allowed to say without veering off script.
Oisin McConville, Aaron Kernan and Peter Canavan- 3 of the best to ever do it in their position and probably the 3 most knowledgable and straight talking pundits I've seen. Throw in Mugsy as well for a bit of craic.